Earlyburn Observatory

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
So there is still alot of mystery still surrounding the 10/06/06 and people are getting pissed off etc. All I can do here is tell you what happened to me. As you all probably know the site at the observatory turned into a gathering of people which saw upwards of 30 people coming and going during the day and night but no sign of BOC. I'm actually quite ok about it. Sure a bit disapointed but very very happy about meeting some really great people from Twoism - DJ_Todos, Lincolnshire and their wonderful travelling companions. Hi guys hope you have recovered by now. :D

So we met up in Edinburgh and DJ did the driving in a loaded down car full of camping stuff food n beer. Got to the observatory set up camp collected wood for the fire listened to BOC. Saw the redish moon, the sunrise, climbed a tree, got pissed up had fun speculating on whether BOC would turn up and talking about their music. Basically I met passionate, intelligent, kind poeple that made my first visit to Scotland a really special one. Others who came later were really cool as well (Hi Observation. Did we talk about Paulo Coehello?). Everyone was really friendly. Do I feel cheated by boards. The short answer is no. I had lots of fun and isnt that what its all about. Hope to do it again and that the rest of you who didnt get the chance to get out there will be able to do so in the future. :D
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Happy Cycler
Man! I would have loved to have been there!

Next year, we all need to make a more planned venture out to the observatory! Start our own Red Moon party and make BOC jealous that ours is better!

Friendly Stranger
Managed to upload a few choice pictures of the weekend...

Campfire

Pentland Hills - Allermuir

Everything you do is....

It was good fun and we'll be back to them thar hills! If this observatory party materialises we'll be there next year! With a bit of planning we could really be on to something really good I reckon.

Happy Cycler
Dude, I am so there next year! It would be great to make it a 2 day event (June 9th for obvious reasons and 10th for the annivarsary)

I love your pictures and I've spotted very BOC like qualities in them. The first one, I mean come on... that's what The Campfire Headphase was all about. And that one with the tree! It looks like the one on the cover of Acid Memories... and there's a fucking hot air (everything you do is a) Balloon! Perfect! That was all so corny I know... BOC must have been with you in spirit!

I'm feeling good today. Let's make this happen next year!

Wow I'm kinda jealous about your campfire party.. that really looks like it has been a nice meeting!

Wish I was there as well to have a great time!

Cheers

Sherbet Head
Mornin Celadon!!!

Very nice to meet you on Sat! And very nice to meet all the others that made it to the site, I had a fantastic time. Heres a few pics I got on my phone. Not great but I assure you, when you see the pics taken by Ben's (Linconshire Poacher) brother you will be amazed!! Those boys are legends.

Eagle Minded
Pleasure was all mine I assure you. Lincolnshire et al lets be having you as well. Hope you got to your destination ok. Nice pics too philtr. See anymore crazy symbols on walls? Also like to say thay there were people who I didnt meet at the observatory who were still sortin us out with help and advice. Notably A Northern soul. Hope to catch u next time
ROYGBIV
B&Q

Happy Cycler
Happy to be of service!

Friendly Stranger
Right here goes!
been waiting to make my first post for quite sometime now, but decided to wait till i'd been earlyburn obsv on sat. well, im there again for sure next year.
boards have kinda taken over for me in such a short space of time and meeting fellow boccers on sat and having such a wkd time, boards have only pulled me in more by making us all come together from all over the world, we was like our own little community in a beautifull place out in the countyr!!!! :D
i kinda had a feeling boards wasn't gonna turn up but we all have dreams and thats mine!
im not dissapointed, i'm wanting them even more now and i had the time of my life getting to scotland and meeting such great people. think if we make it an annual gathering maybe one year boards will join us!!! lol
still baffled by code tho! no-one any closer?
can't wait for 10/06/07!!! see you guys there???
the search continues!

Sherbet Head
Welcome to Twoism M :)

Eagle Minded
M wrote:Right here goes!
been waiting to make my first post for quite sometime now, but decided to wait till i'd been earlyburn obsv on sat. well, im there again for sure next year.
boards have kinda taken over for me in such a short space of time and meeting fellow boccers on sat and having such a wkd time, boards have only pulled me in more by making us all come together from all over the world, we was like our own little community in a beautifull place out in the countyr!!!! :D
i kinda had a feeling boards wasn't gonna turn up but we all have dreams and thats mine!
im not dissapointed, i'm wanting them even more now and i had the time of my life getting to scotland and meeting such great people. think if we make it an annual gathering maybe one year boards will join us!!! lol
still baffled by code tho! no-one any closer?
can't wait for 10/06/07!!! see you guys there???

Nice to have you post in Twoism M and to have had the chance to meet you. I agree with what youre saying. We had fun, met like minded people improvised cooking haggis and generally had a good laugh. We went out and did it and its cool for us to be able tlk about it afterwards.
ROYGBIV
B&Q

Friendly Stranger
celadon wrote:Nice pics too philtr. See anymore crazy symbols on walls?

We checked it out again in the daylight on the way back.

Still in the Pentland Hills area, off the main road there were 2 signs written in 70s style font on a bright green board.

One just said "Pretty petals?" and one further along mentioning "Bouncy bouncy fun". Should have taken some snaps to show you. Weird eh?

Friendly Stranger
hey todos and celadon thankyou for the welcome.
veggie haggis!!! lol.
i agree with ya celadon we did it! there is now way i would have missed it. and i wouldn't have met you guys if i didnt follow my dreams. DREAMER!!!!!! cant wait to see pics that ben and trevor post. nice meetn you guys x
the search continues!

New Seed
hi, i've only just registered after having came back from the Observatory (i was part of the group that came late on from glasgow - two guys and a girl) and was the one with the stripey Jumper on for those that remember.

just wanted to say, i had an amazing time searching for that night...finding it was amazing. In fact, for me it was maybe the ultimate thing to not actually find BoC. I know that sounds weird, but every path we went down i got nervous in case we DID find them - what then? that's the mystery gone, that's the whol thing they've created taken away from me...which is why i love them. so yeah, it was even better to NOT find them...and in doing so i met some great people...i wish you all well.

Eagle Minded
philtr wrote:
celadon wrote:Nice pics too philtr. See anymore crazy symbols on walls?

We checked it out again in the daylight on the way back.

Still in the Pentland Hills area, off the main road there were 2 signs written in 70s style font on a bright green board.

One just said "Pretty petals?" and one further along mentioning "Bouncy bouncy fun". Should have taken some snaps to show you. Weird eh?

No worries bout photos. Guess we will never know what was relevant or not anyway.:!: nice meeting you :D
ROYGBIV
B&Q

Eagle Minded
Tony wrote:hi, i've only just registered after having came back from the Observatory (i was part of the group that came late on from glasgow - two guys and a girl) and was the one with the stripey Jumper on for those that remember.

just wanted to say, i had an amazing time searching for that night...finding it was amazing. In fact, for me it was maybe the ultimate thing to not actually find BoC. I know that sounds weird, but every path we went down i got nervous in case we DID find them - what then? that's the mystery gone, that's the whol thing they've created taken away from me...which is why i love them. so yeah, it was even better to NOT find them...and in doing so i met some great people...i wish you all well.

Hi Tony
yeah i remember you and have got the pictures to prove it. especially the precarious telescope climbing shenanegans! I agree fully with you about the danger of meeting BoC and loosing the mystery a bit. there would be know way that you could play it cool. At the end of the day (especially those of us who came from another country) you are a starry-eyed msic fan hanging outside the stage door waiting to catch a glimpse of your fav musicans. Although while it appears that way to the external observer, it never felt tha way to me when travelling over. It was always going to be about listening to the music in the countryside. I mean I would hate to hassel M&M - and it was probably the though of having to sign autographs that may have put them off - if indded something was actually goin to happen. Anyways. take care man and catch u next time. Say Hi to K.
ROYGBIV
B&Q

Eagle Minded
ROYGBIV
B&Q

Sherbet Head
Beautiful, beautiful pics! :shock:

Happy Cycler
Nice pics man. That looked like a really great time.

Happy Cycler
Insanely jealous!

Next

Return to Boards of Canada