Plaid - The Digging Remedy (New LP) Announced w/ New Track

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
New Plaid is imminent (June 10th), cool website is up for it too:
http://www.thediggingremedy.com/

New track CLOCK is up on bleep:
https://bleep.com/release/72719-plaid-t ... ing-remedy

I'm hype hype hyped.

Posts Quantity
How many files are there? I'm counting 16. And what's the tempo is the question?

Is the record a musical game tablet? Otherwise there's no reason to buy records or cd's anymore.

We have spotify. Next thing for spotify to implement is a video player for each song. Lucrative suggestion huh?

This is the future.

Bam.

Site Admin
Great news indeed. Although it doesn't strike me as much as it did at the pre Scintilli era.
I really liked the complexity on Spokes combined with their playful melodies from Rest Proof Clockwork, Not for Trees and Double Figure. From the beginning the music became less organic and got more and more static with each release. I really dug this where on Spokes both were in a perfect harmony. After Spokes the complexity, more Autechre-ish sounds, took the lead and the playful melodies sadly disappeared imo. With Reachy Prints they got a bit back on the more melodic trip it seems. Let's hope they'll continue!
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Alien Sugar wrote:How many files are there? I'm counting 16. And what's the tempo is the question?

Is the record a musical game tablet? Otherwise there's no reason to buy records or cd's anymore.

We have spotify. Next thing for spotify to implement is a video player for each song. Lucrative suggestion huh?

This is the future.

Bam.

Spotify is fun at least, all you need is plug on your headphones to the ps4 controller and have a full experience. Great news, looking forward, love Reachy Prints

Dayvan Cowboy
The Bee is online

Posts Quantity
opening track "Do Matter" is online now, sounds like Plaid's take on John Carpenter. Fantastic, cannot wait to hear this album in full.

Eagle Minded
Really loving all of the tracks so far and especially the website. Super hyped for this album, it might be a game changer. I just finished this remix of CLOCK using the stems posted over there, it was an awesome experience working with their material to say the least:

Plaid - CLOCK (Voyage Realms Cathedral Mix)
https://soundcloud.com/voyagerealms/pla ... hedral-mix

Posts Quantity
Listen to the whole thing now on Bleep

https://bleep.com/release/stream/72719- ... ing-remedy

Friendly Stranger
From first listening (streaming), not as outstanding as "Reachy Prints" for me, because not as coherent, but overall very good album! Seems like they used the opportunity to re-visit older recordings where the addition of a guitar made sense. My impressions track by track:

1.Do Matter: Like post-Reachy Prints, maybe comparable to a b-side quality-wise.
2. Dilatone: seems Scintilli-era to me.
3. CLOCK: post-Reachy Prints, b-side (as it would have fitted perfectly on that album). Because Reachy Prints was outstanding, still very good!
4. The Bee: sounds like earlier work, but new because of acoustic guitar.
5. Melifer: totally new, or guitar-supported Reachy Prints. Favorite track of the album so far.
6. Baby Step Giant Step: like earlier (soundtrack) work.
7. Yu Mountain: like earlier work from Scintilli, but very good.
8. Lambswood: Krautrock influences, would have fitted on Reachy Prints (world music elements in Nafovanny / Slam).
9. Saladore: First AFX, then something completely new with mellotron-like elements.
10. Reeling Spiders: first like earlier work (almost Not For Threes), then soundtrack-like, dashes of Scintilli.
11. Held: Something completely new, with guitar. Third favorite. Very great together with
12. Wen: Beautiful acoustic guitar outro, too short! Second favorite.

Dayvan Cowboy
Pretty sure the streaming was in mono. Sounds, obviously, one hell of a lot better in stereo.

Can't say I'm picking up on many of the same references as you, Trans East. On a first proper listen I'd say it's up there with Reachy Prints. Perhaps a little darker in tone. They'll still have to go some to top Double Figure / Spokes for me though.

Eagle Minded
Follow-up EP 'on other hands' available now on bleep

Return to This Random Sound