Loscil - Monument Builders

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I know some of you at already onto this one (IanRedpoint, Fredd-e, Rikkiebags to name just three), but Loscil has a new record out and I'd say it's his best yet. Going further, I think it's one which sees him branching out, just a little, away from his traditionally very understated sounds and moving into something a little more expansive.

There are some truly gorgeous moments here and my only regret is that being stone cold broke at the moment, I'm going to have to hope there are some copies left on vinyl when I get around to purchasing.

Well worth some of your time Twoism..

https://open.spotify.com/album/1anZBWOeghB5twG4CyJdoc

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Vinyl has almost certainly been delayed so hopefully you'll be in luck.

Happy Cycler
Sounding great, I've been listening to Endless Falls a lot recently. Loscil is very consistent.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Amazing album. Already have 276 scrobbles from this album according to last.fm - that's about 40 album streams. ;)

Best song? Deceiver. My god so beautiful, it's like BoC's corsair in a way.

Dayvan Cowboy
Says on his bandcamp page that the vinyl has indeed been delayed due to a manufacture error. Expected mid-December.

Agree with everyone on here that it's pretty stunning.

Sherbet Head
I'm not a big Loscil fan, but I'm enjoying this one a lot. I agree that it's his best.

Return to This Random Sound