Bonobo - Migration

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Officially coming out tomorrow but it has leaked already.

based on a first listen, i'd say it's better than his last one, but not better than the older albums. Some really good tracks on here though.

Thoughts?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Telepath
Still sounds a bit like life-style television music. Pretty cool video for Kerala though.

Posts Quantity
First listen and I must say I quite dig it, there's quite some gems on this album. Definitely a good start to 2017.

Dayvan Cowboy
Didn't have huge expectations for this but listening to it now and it's really hitting the spot.

Happy Cycler
Yeah, stuck this on at work today, I like it a lot. Very consistent back catalogue imo.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

New Seed
Liking this release a lot. It seems a darker and more disjointed then his previous, but the musician ship is fantastic as ever.
Kerala is a bit of a standout song, and the video is amazing even it it is really jarring haha.

Sherbet Head
I definitely like it better than Northern Borders. The music was not an issue on that album but the singing was for me, it was the first time I felt the singing distracted from the music and I've only listened to it a couple of times since getting it. Migration I feared would be much the same but man the middle section from Grains through Figures is just exceptional. I still feel Black Sands and Dial M for Monkey are is best albums (though I've got huge nostalgia for some of the tracks off of Animal Magic)

Happy Cycler
Interesting machinea, I think Black Sands is one of his weaker albums, it's still very listenable though. Animal Magic and Dial M are my favourites.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
If you really like his initial work this makes complete sense. He was much more sample based back then and lofi. I thought Black Sands brought a lot of styles together pretty seamlessly and Prelude/Kiara is still one of my favorites of his. It was a bit off the hook the way Bibio's Sugarette was for me.

Return to This Random Sound