Eyesix/ACYL Original Source Project

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for confirming that leaving the tracks up for streaming was a good thing. I was hoping Our Wilderness Projector was not stolen, but that was just wishful thinking. At this point, there is no reason to think any tracks that Jason "wrote" weren't in fact stolen. I removed the track and posted a link to Tomorrows–excellent track, by the way!

Best,
Dave

You're all getting my money and/or a download.

It might take some time, but I will do it.

You're all amazing artists.

All of you.

Thank you for making music.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
EYESIX BTFO'D. MAXIMUM CHUFFED MODE ENGAGED. PLAGARISM CIRCUITS FRIED.

but seriously, I hope you guys earn back every penny you're due and more! His acts (crimes?) were so laughably stupid and you all deserve some good karma for going through that. I'd be unspeakably angry if someone ripped off my shit so blatantly!
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Friendly Stranger
Here are some more stolen tracks from Seaflyte's album-Earth Painting on torrent tech and last.fm.
http://netlabel.torrentech.org/node/28

These were released on the Majestic 13 album Biopsy
stolen 8-Biopsy original=2 Arcadia Skies
stolen 10-Foo Fighters Above original=01 In the Clouds
stolen 13-Space Coke original=08 Blue Coke

Happy Cycler

This is the track (I thought I wouldn't find it) in which he used percussion from an old tune of mine called Child after he requested the stems, wanting to do a remix. He credited me for the samples only after I noticed the song.

If anyone can place the other elements of the track, please do.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

The spreadsheet is up-to-date. Thanks to the other contributors!

So far we know of 44 stolen tracks. Unsurprisingly mainly older songs.

Eagle Minded
44 tracks? My god. And to think people were at one time defending him.

Deceptive ass m'fcker.

lyst wrote:44 tracks? My god. And to think people were at one time defending him.

Deceptive ass m'fcker.

Who defended him? I don't recall anyone defending him.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:
lyst wrote:44 tracks? My god. And to think people were at one time defending him.

Deceptive ass m'fcker.

Who defended him? I don't recall anyone defending him.

Back when it was first uncovered, the very first thread, in the Telegram chat WATB. People were defending him.

But when in God's name has anyone just accidentally stumbled upon using other people's work? I mean. How can you be in so drug induced that you completely forget if you've made a song or not? And more importantly, who in their right mind would actually post it not knowing. Couldn't wrap my head around that.

Oh ok. I wasn't aware of the Telegram chat so fair enough. It's strange alright. I'm just glad the real artists are getting some exposure now.

Slow down...

New Seed
Seeing this spreadsheet just made me feel like The Grampa here. Kinda funny, really. It's been a while since I've produced music with the intent of pursuing an audience. Uploading to SoundCloud typically results in an immediate <3 from somebody I don't know, with a nickname that looks like the title of an old Autechre track, followed by an invitation to play a game behind a link in exchange for many views and promotion of my music. Bots, bots, and more bots. I wonder what sort of changes SoundCloud will be introducing after their privacy policy switches up on May 17th. Any ideas?

Also: Thank you Dave (Carpe Sonum) for purchasing a copy of the album. Your reworking of the "Eyesuck" cover artwork made me chuckle. Getting an email from Bandcamp stating "Cha-ching!" was cool, until I learned that they took a tiny bit over 50% of what you'd donated. Bizarre, the way these music service providers provide the service of making content available without doing much to assist content creators with making a living from them.

I won't turn David Lowery vs. The Internet here, but a guy has to ask: What is it that motivates me to create and put music out there? If it's not an outright theft like Jason perpetrated, it's a compromise of sorts, leaving one feeling that "somebody just earned more by selling my work than I did."

The work of art in the age of post-mechanical reproduction.

Thanks to everyone who cares to make time to listen, I suppose.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's a pretty niche set of genres we operate in. I'm thinking it wouldn't break the bank for a theoretical record company to have their own digital release bandcamp-a-like hanging off an Amazon backend. Cut out the middleman here. Maybe more useful to anyone like Cupz doing non music stuff like games... hmm.

Dayvan Cowboy
Amazon s3 would be good for the access controls and all that but the rest is way expensive for some small operators. It's niche enough that a big ish OVH Dedi would suffice imo.

Fancy working on a side project?

Telepath
Found some more, thanks to blundering tusk for uploading them here: https://mega.nz/#F!J1YXkbpB!CMhrzywqAzJfUQtaqjxjKg

I'd add them to the sheet, but I don't have a google account.

Waking Life - New Fronteirs (Feat. Any Colour Your Like) = https://mrmoods.bandcamp.com/track/valley-of-the-dead
Waking Life - Missing Home = https://mrmoods.bandcamp.com/track/silently

Found these with https://musicbrainz.org/

Telepath
Push-Button Saviour wrote:What is it that motivates me to create and put music out there? If it's not an outright theft like Jason perpetrated, it's a compromise of sorts, leaving one feeling that "somebody just earned more by selling my work than I did."

The work of art in the age of post-mechanical reproduction.

This. I think it's mostly because people that make this kind of music are not sales-people.

Telepath
MrMessiah wrote:Maybe more useful to anyone like Cupz doing non music stuff like games... hmm.

Techboy is your man for this stuff.

New Seed
I'm glad my uploading those tracks helped.
Have Mr Moods, Radar Mtn et all been contacted?
They deserve to know what happened.

New Seed
For bandcamp junkies like me, Chef Menteur's track is included with his release on Sunrise Ocean Bender's bandcamp here
https://sunriseoceanbender.bandcamp.com/album/iii

New Seed
Hey all,

I found this thread via a Reddit post about the ACYL debacle. I've (on several occasions) purchased the complete discography of Eyesix records via Bandcamp. So I have a few of the missing releases.

Here are the releases I have:

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... u/dftjfbf/

I've put them into a "containment" folder on my machine. If a moderator would like to ping me for certain releases they'd like uploaded please let me know and I'll be more than happy to upload them.

Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound