LuxuryScience - Seriously (OUT NOW! FREE DOWNLOAD!)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Today marks the release of Seriously by LuxuryScience; a project created by my friend Ken Miller and I at the turn of the millenium. This is the finalized effort. A collection of our best tracks spanning from around 2000-2011. You can download this beast FOR FREE! RIGHT HERE!

http://luxuryscience.bandcamp.com/

Stay tuned for more!

Happy Cycler
Dick Clark is dead.

Happy Cycler
Alright. I'll just sit quietly in the corner with my bowl of oatmeal.

D/L-ing, as it's you. :wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:D/L-ing, as it's you. :wink:

Thank you my friend! You're one of the good ones!

...and I'm bloody glad I did too! Listening now. Awesome sauce mate! 8)

EDIT: seriously, WOW! This is incredible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:...and I'm bloody glad I did too! Listening now. Awesome sauce mate! 8)

EDIT: seriously, WOW! This is incredible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Dayvan Cowboy
This sounds pretty awesome. Downloading in flac as we speak. (lossless nerd here, lulz)
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
pianoforte wrote:This sounds pretty awesome. Downloading in flac as we speak. (lossless nerd here, lulz)

I hope you enjoy the tunes! Thanks for downloading!

Happy Cycler
FREEEEE MUUUUUUUSSSSIIIICCC!!!

Bloody good free music at that - seriously, you NEED this download people.

Highly recommended :!: :!:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Dog tired but the first track is proper gorgeous. Downloading for a more alert listen in the morning. :)

Happy Cycler
IanRedpoint wrote:Dog tired but the first track is proper gorgeous. Downloading for a more alert listen in the morning. :)

Thank you very much! It's an oldie from 2004!

Happy Cycler
Totally bumping this thread.

Posts Quantity
Some good tracks here. Its definitely got variation and it's a bit schizo, You can by the dramatic style changes that it spans years as you mentioned so it's understandable.

Love the vibe of "A Dark Reference", sort of a minimal Depeche Mode feel to it with warm siney melodies. I wasn't keen on the more upbeat rave/techno'y tracks like 'Tactical Persuasion' and "Quantum Burn" but that's just purely personal taste.

Things are definitely a lot better (IMO) when they're a bit crunchier like the gamey "A Single Impulse" and the fun experimental tracks like "Summer" and the soundtrackish "Victim of Circumstance". Definite Tracker vibe to that one, the sampled guitar work was like a cross between Front line assembly and Doom level music. This stuff has the most personality for me.

"You can never go back" has epic action movie ending all over it.
I think out of everything the quirky "On the Fritz" stood out for me, because of its generally strange vibe, interesting progression and percussion and more intricate layering. Interesting album, cheers for sharing!

Happy Cycler
Dissolved wrote:Some good tracks here. Its definitely got variation and it's a bit schizo, You can by the dramatic style changes that it spans years as you mentioned so it's understandable.

Love the vibe of "A Dark Reference", sort of a minimal Depeche Mode feel to it with warm siney melodies. I wasn't keen on the more upbeat rave/techno'y tracks like 'Tactical Persuasion' and "Quantum Burn" but that's just purely personal taste.

Things are definitely a lot better (IMO) when they're a bit crunchier like the gamey "A Single Impulse" and the fun experimental tracks like "Summer" and the soundtrackish "Victim of Circumstance". Definite Tracker vibe to that one, the sampled guitar work was like a cross between Front line assembly and Doom level music. This stuff has the most personality for me.

"You can never go back" has epic action movie ending all over it.
I think out of everything the quirky "On the Fritz" stood out for me, because of its generally strange vibe, interesting progression and percussion and more intricate layering. Interesting album, cheers for sharing!

Thank you for the in depth review, my friend! Yeah, it's a joint effort between myself and a friend each doing separate tracks over several years. Kind of all over the map. We decided to curtail the CD length barrier and make a full on net release. Indeed, a lot of it was tracked!

Thanks again for listening!

Eagle Minded
"The Quickest Escape" is a great opener, and I've got time for classic House and similar dance sounds, so tracks like "Tactical Persuasion" are alright in my book as well.

Various good tracks here, but the best overall is probably "On the Fritz" - sounds like it has a very 80s electronic / dance foundation, then proceeds to introduce some interesting ideas and effects into the mix.

Happy Cycler
Betacord wrote:"The Quickest Escape" is a great opener, and I've got time for classic House and similar dance sounds, so tracks like "Tactical Persuasion" are alright in my book as well.

Various good tracks here, but the best overall is probably "On the Fritz" - sounds like it has a very 80s electronic / dance foundation, then proceeds to introduce some interesting ideas and effects into the mix.

Really happy On The Fritz is getting some love. 2002 was a very productive year for me musically. I remember coming up with that mid section. I had this mad rush of inspiration and totally zoned out during the programming process. I just kept it flowing as long as I could. The process was utterly hypnotic.

Thanks again for listening, everyone!

Dayvan Cowboy
So I guess I've been listening to this more or less continuously for the past 5 years. Weird.

Still as into it as I ever was. Y2K era bangers indeed.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
pianoforte wrote:So I guess I've been listening to this more or less continuously for the past 5 years. Weird.

Still as into it as I ever was. Y2K era bangers indeed.

Most of our music is NOT Y2K compliant. We should probably fix that.

Glad you are still liking that album.

We also have another for our not-so-serious material. You may get a kick out of it.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9755&p=173973&hilit=rb387#p173973

Return to This Random Sound