Now Playing:

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Frank Ocean - Ivy

Why have I missed this guy for so long? You know those artists names that you’re aware of but never really get around to checking out...

Happy Cycler
Blonde is a fantastic record, and will only get better as time goes on.
Pure abstract beauty and immaculate pop songwriting fusing in a melancholic ambient haze.

Any fans of Bibio's early work really should get into John Fahey as well as the whole American Primitivism genre,
I've been listening to Fahey records and other Primitivism artists/records as of late and found a lot to enjoy.
It's quite spectacular;

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
You should put together a list, TTK, I love this stuff.

I've been digging around a lot of guilty pleasure 90s Europop stuff lately. I centered in on Snap! and La Bouche this past month. Sweet Dreams as an album is a total classic. I was really surprised by how much I was digging the slower tracks like "I'll be there". They kind of scratch that nostalgic itch of the post-Disney credits RnB sound.

Happy Cycler
most of the other stuff in the genre expands passed the foundations set by Fahey, so I don't know if the Bibio fans could exactly vibe with it.

You've got experimentation with the form from folk such as Jim O'Rourke and Steve Gunn;
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

and also a bit of it mixed with Appalachian music influences and some more conventional songwriting;

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
It kind of feels like a less drug-addled Spaceman 3, I really dig it

Posts Quantity

Sherbet Head
Deep Dish - GU:21 Moscow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Seed
The new Nils Frahm album, All Melody, is now streaming on NPR and it is absolutely delightful. Fantastically crisp production and beautiful overall sound design. At times intimate, at times majestic. Really recommend listening lying down with headphones on and eyes closed. My favorite tracks include Sunson, Human Range, All Melody and #2, but in my opinion this is one of those albums that is best experienced in one sitting.

Sherbet Head
Nice thank you. I saw he was going back on tour. I hope to see him it’s just that he won’t be playing in my area so it would be a 6 hour drive. As it is to most shows I want to see sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boqurant
The tired sounds of stars of the lid on vinyl with a few beers. I miss this forum.

Dayvan Cowboy
lightsoutnepal wrote:The tired sounds of stars of the lid on vinyl with a few beers. I miss this forum.

I still frequently use Avec Laudenum to sleep or nurse headaches.
hateful

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

I think this song is beautiful

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded

Friendly Stranger
Been listening to a ton of good ol' Neil lately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyruylD0BWQ

A link to my Last.fm profile is embedded below in my signature.

Friendly Stranger
y e s

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:Blonde is a fantastic record, and will only get better as time goes on.
Pure abstract beauty and immaculate pop songwriting fusing in a melancholic ambient haze.

Any fans of Bibio's early work really should get into John Fahey as well as the whole American Primitivism genre,
I've been listening to Fahey records and other Primitivism artists/records as of late and found a lot to enjoy.
It's quite spectacular;

phpBB [media]

I've never listened, thank you. Fahey was a huge influence for a lot of guitarists it sounds like. Michael Hedges listed him as one (another guy who influenced many, and should be much more famous than he is).
hateful

Happy Cycler
Fahey is great. Dance of Death is a cracking album.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
Somehow the Wonder of Life Prevails. Still think this is the best thing Mark Kozelek has ever done.

phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound