Now Playing:

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Fredd-E, Mexicola, Aesthetics, saturdayindex

Dayvan Cowboy
Frank Ocean - Ivy

Why have I missed this guy for so long? You know those artists names that you’re aware of but never really get around to checking out...

Happy Cycler
Blonde is a fantastic record, and will only get better as time goes on.
Pure abstract beauty and immaculate pop songwriting fusing in a melancholic ambient haze.

Any fans of Bibio's early work really should get into John Fahey as well as the whole American Primitivism genre,
I've been listening to Fahey records and other Primitivism artists/records as of late and found a lot to enjoy.
It's quite spectacular;

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
You should put together a list, TTK, I love this stuff.

I've been digging around a lot of guilty pleasure 90s Europop stuff lately. I centered in on Snap! and La Bouche this past month. Sweet Dreams as an album is a total classic. I was really surprised by how much I was digging the slower tracks like "I'll be there". They kind of scratch that nostalgic itch of the post-Disney credits RnB sound.

Happy Cycler
most of the other stuff in the genre expands passed the foundations set by Fahey, so I don't know if the Bibio fans could exactly vibe with it.

You've got experimentation with the form from folk such as Jim O'Rourke and Steve Gunn;
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

and also a bit of it mixed with Appalachian music influences and some more conventional songwriting;

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
It kind of feels like a less drug-addled Spaceman 3, I really dig it

Posts Quantity

Previous

Return to This Random Sound