--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Fredd-E, Mexicola, Aesthetics, saturdayindex

Happy Cycler
Nothing, for once. I finished a version of the record I'd been working on. I revised it. I put it away. I've no clue my worth as a musician or person anymore.
ROAMING...

Boqurant
FWIW I've felt that way several times over the years. I found my way, and maybe you will too.

Boqurant
@Jonse Yes i know the feeling too....it took me a long time to break free from the same old thing, i have put down the synths many time for months on end...

Here is the thing though and i hate the analogy i'm going to make ...music is like a well that needs time too refill it's not something that you can always pull from and expect it to be there.

The best music i ever made was made in the mind set of fuck it, i just want to play,then i'd make a mistake and BINGO that's it! let me play that again.

Anyways Jonse i really like your work it takes you on a journey akin to watching a film, maybe even a mystery it's full of strong emotion and really well crafted textures ....just saying

I think you will find it again, one day you will listen to a demo you created with a fresh ear and say hey "that's pretty good" ...

Try working with other musicians too, this has helped me quite a bit. Sometimes i send stuff i think sucks as a joke and then it comes back to me and i am blown away as in "o shit i didn't think of it that way" and that can help you find a whole new approach.

clocolan is right i think it happens to all of us, out of frustration i have even trashed complete songs ,good ones.....but fuck it i will make more and they will be even better.

Posts Quantity
747Music wrote:I always love your super positive and playful melodies, TheStatPow! Lifts my mind every time 8)

I was playing with some percussion sounds today:

phpBB [media]

Also worked on a house track a while ago:

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/anvil-stereo-untitled-house-track-j-tape/s-bx2qL

I dig the end of that perc track, pretty trippy altogether.

Not sure if im being crazy here but is it pitched down and then at the end pitched up??

I hear a bit of delay in the end that make it feels like it was pitched up with resampling.

Prefer the house track though, synths pad out of a forza game and a kick ass bass!

Posts Quantity
Had a boost of inspiration outta nowhere, this is my favorite so far and I think anything from me is gonna top it for a while.

I have no fucking clue why that beat works, it doesn't make any sense to me because I don't know my rythm theory very well, this is probably me accidentally doing compound times or stuff like that, I keep analysing all of it and I still cannot figure out why this still sounds correct. It shouldn't

Anyway, enjoy:

phpBB [media]

My music alias is now "Synths Whine And Cheese".

Sherbet Head
When I go months and months without anything really great happening I know it's generally time to work on skills instead. So I pick up an instrument. In my case I tend to play guitar and recently started learning the bass. I've been working 50 hours a week since Sept and have been having some other issues that have put a damper on creativity. I figure it's a good time to practice instead of noodling. If I'm noodling I can get something that sounds good, when I practice I tend to sound shit because I'm trying to learn something.

Friendly Stranger
TheStatPow wrote:Had a boost of inspiration outta nowhere, this is my favorite so far and I think anything from me is gonna top it for a while.

I have no fucking clue why that beat works, it doesn't make any sense to me because I don't know my rythm theory very well, this is probably me accidentally doing compound times or stuff like that, I keep analysing all of it and I still cannot figure out why this still sounds correct. It shouldn't

Anyway, enjoy:

phpBB [media]

My music alias is now "Synths Whine And Cheese".

The beat sounds like it fits a sort of latin/world trope in percussion, where the bass drum (or a low tom) strikes on every 1 in each 4/4 measure, and a high tom or some other percussion sound changes from 4 to 3 every measure, like this:
(Bassdrum: X, 2nd perc: O)
X - - O X - O - X - - O X - O -
It has a very unique swing that stands out in a sea of other 4/4 rhythms, but it works and you used it well. I can also tell there's just a slight bit of misalignment with the hats, but it's nothing too extreme and it works as well.
Unfinished drafts, previews, and other incomplete works:
https://soundcloud.com/metallark
I am not to be associated with the jewelry boutique in Billings, Montana. That ain't me.

Friendly Stranger
Love the sounds in your track 747music. Nice to hear something a bit darker!

This is a bit rough around the edges but I have just started it today. I've tried to make something with a bit more space in the arrangement for once. I really should learn how to embed the soundcloud player as well if anybody cares to give me a hint?!

https://soundcloud.com/artcorvelay/second-contact-demo

I finished a record called 'Janus' last year but it has just been released on vinyl as well.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... lham-janus

Previous

Return to This Random Sound