--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
TFB convinced me after mentioning how the unmastered, unfinished bits/outtake version of my drone record sums up well a lot of the frustration and pain I've been feeling lately, so I think I've finally come to terms with just releasing that one as-is soon. I don't care if it's good or not. I don't care that it uses the Twin Peaks atomic bomb countdown which might not have been sampled yet as an opener to a record knowing it may not do that sample justice.

I was looking for people who play strings maybe willing to help me with one track though beforehand as well as reshaping a section as there's a new piece of music I need to record a little different than what was meant to go in there stemming from a whole bunch of absurdity.
Stick upside down, my bad.

Happy Cycler
Went paranoid over a ridiculous pattern on my R-100 last night where the syncopation was such that a single loop made Little by Little by Radiohead sound straightforward in comparison.

Telepath
vocaroo or it didn't happen
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Happy Cycler
I have one of a more recent one. Check my Facebo- OH yeah.

Eagle Minded
Finally bought a bass and've been obsessed w/ it ... I formerly lived with a housemate who let me use hers (the house in which I started recording as a solo project), and since I moved a year back I haven't had bass access. No longer a problem.

Finished this song, TownCrier: https://soundcloud.com/thai-bluejeans-s ... /towncrier

I've been interested in fucking w/ time sigs lately -- this one does not use the same time signature two measures in a row, but alternates between 3/4, 4/4, and 5/4 in different patterns depending on the part of the song.

The lyrics are somewhat inspired by Johnny Got His Gun, which is a top three novel for me.

Happy Cycler
More redundant patterns as I need to be releasing an ambient thing.

Boqurant
Made this after a friend and I spent an hour playing around with down pitched record of the spiritualist Jomanda: https://realandgood.bandcamp.com

Sherbet Head
b0qurant wrote:Finally bought a bass and've been obsessed w/ it

Funny me too. The last few months I've been off of work due to stress leave, which has really sucked but I needed to do it. I haven't really had the heart to write any music so decided to sit down and finally learn the bass guitar. This is the 3rd song I've learned although it took about 100x playing through to get it and somehow I still made mistakes once the camera was on. I was just glad finally be able to play it at the correct bpm which is 126.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24240916@ ... ateposted/

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

Just finished this, worked for ages on it. Would love some feedback and/or validation! ;)

Sherbet Head
I really like it I think my only preference would be for some of the drum sounds to sit deeper in the mix and not so front and center. I'd rather be focusing more on how the music is moving.

Boqurant
machinea wrote:I really like it I think my only preference would be for some of the drum sounds to sit deeper in the mix and not so front and center. I'd rather be focusing more on how the music is moving.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, I'm trying to find a happy medium with the drums, before people used to tell me they were too low ;_;

Sherbet Head
They might have been to low previously but I'm talking about just putting them deeper into the mix but with some good compression on the bottom so they glue to the track better and certain sounds don't pop quite so much.

Previous

Return to This Random Sound