Mental Health Awareness (COMPILATION)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Hey guys, I'm putting together a compilation to raise money for mental health awareness. I haven't decided if I'm going to donate to ADAA (Anxiety and Depression Association of America) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), or both. In any case, if any of you are interested in contributing a song, all submissions are welcome. Also, if you suffer with any mental disorder and would like to share, that's welcomed as well. I'm thinking of putting personal notes from the contributing artists in the liner or something. I want to make it as human as possible.

If you're interested, you can drop a link here in the thread. Just make sure it's WAV of course. <3

This is an AWESOME idea! Fully behind this. Let us know how we can help.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I mainly want to get the message out there to anyone here who makes music, and is interested in being a part of the compilation. You already know where I come from in regards to mental health, so I don't think there's any need to get into that. It would be especially cool to have people contribute who struggle with some mental disorder/ailment/illness themselves. Of course, it's not limited to only people who struggle with mental disorders. Anyone is welcome to contribute.

Aside from the donation aspect, I want it to be personal. I want the listener to feel connected to it, and to be left with something positive. I want it to be a resource for other people, it's not just about raising money. I'm still ironing out the details, but it's mostly there.

Wakey wakey Twoism! A fantastic idea from a great artist, for a superb cause. Get in it!

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
As said before, absolutely contributing/donating now that I have the means when I missed your fundraiser before/et al.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
http://canyouhearus.bandcamp.com

This is where the album will be found.

Nova Scotia Robot
I was planning on doing this myself, actually. This is fantastic! I was diagnosed with Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder along with OCD. My brother is in the mental asylum of a high security jail because he is an extreme case of Paranoid Schizophrenic. He is a wonderful person without his delusions. With his delusions he walked around his apartment complex with an ax, threatening to kill anyone and everyone with full intent on doing so. So now he is in jail as I mentioned.

Lack of awareness is a huge issue and I am 100% for this cause.

I will do my part and submit.

Happy Cycler
747Music wrote:I was planning on doing this myself, actually. This is fantastic! I was diagnosed with Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder along with OCD. My brother is in the mental asylum of a high security jail because he is an extreme case of Paranoid Schizophrenic. He is a wonderful person without his delusions. With his delusions he walked around his apartment complex with an ax, threatening to kill anyone and everyone with full intent on doing so. So now he is in jail as I mentioned.

Lack of awareness is a huge issue and I am 100% for this cause.

I will do my part and submit.

Fellow OCD person here. Purely obsessive. Terrible plagues of swarming thoughts that cause you to say shit that cost you things you felt relevant or important in life from time to time or strike out against someone when you do not mean to. It's terrible. I've learned to deal with it as no one really fucking cares to try and understand it apparently though the support of others and myself re: my own behavior is helpful.

I have a thing where I seem to inherit guilt. I feel some fierce sorrow from you. I wish you and your brother well.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
I am also interested in participating. I suffer with OCD as well (not pure-O, but primarily obsessive).

Lots of us here, it seems. It's very annoying how OCD is portrayed in the media as "being a neat freak," or quirky, rather than the internal mental torture that it is.

Side note - any genre restrictions? I primarily make electronic music but have an experimental rock group I play in as well.

Sherbet Head
Anything goes really, no restraints on style. Soft and melodic seems to be what most people have sent me.

Sherbet Head
https://audiu.net/projects/perplex-odeon

Awesome! this is my Submission, there should be a small icon to download it, if that doesn't work I'll just email you the file.

This means a lot to me because mental health has been the main cause of me not being productive.
Drugs (DXM, Weed, Benadryl, Fly Agaric, LSA)mixed in with digestive problem have brought me anxiety and paranoia, something I've never actually had before in my life, I think its mostly the digestive problems it started showing up at the same time these started.

It usually goes like this: Im just at my computer chilling or walking around when suddenly I just get this feeling that something is not right, something's off, which follows up with me just getting scared for absolutely no reason, objects seem aggressive and I get this intense impression of deja vue, so intense its made me believe that my life is a loop and that even death isn't an escape.
(now thats a healthy mindset!!) The more I get these deja vue the more I think Im going to die in the upcoming days.
These lead me to waking up every morning thinking "is this it, is today the day im having a psychotic breakdown?"
its 1 month left until my birthday and t'ill im moving out of town in a village, I have this weird feeling im not gonna make it and it bugs me the hell out. (I will update on my birthday after the 21 of june! If I don't for some weird reason then know that I've predicted it and that im a fucking badass, if not then call me stupid and I'll take it with a smile!)

The song name comes from "Cineplex Odeon" its a cinema. Its a reference to my last usage of drug 4 months ago, I had taken a edible and went with friends to watch black panther at the local cinema, I was so scared in there that It felt like my consciousness just dug into my brain and hid itself in there, it felt like I was hiding inside of my brain, thats how scared I felt even though that doesn't make a lot of sense :oops:

I don't even remember anything from the movie, all I remember is that I was too high to open the little bag with the 3D glasses and that when I finally got the courage to go to the bathroom after an hour and a half into the movie, I came back and stepped on my popcorn and somehow found the bag with the glasses opened??? :?

But I've stopped smoking weed and told myself that if im sane enough to think im insane and actually know that what im having are delusions, then im not that insane :mrgreen:

Anyway feels good to talk, thanks for reading!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
I have a problem with a rare form of existential depression coupled with eidetic memory which leads my brain to remember almost every single moment.... I have memory that extends all the way until i was in a crib and couldn't even talk or really move (i remember the smell
and taste of the bars of my crib, and the little fabric banner wrapping around it with little blue rocking horses all over it.)
Every day is exactly the same and this world has become so predictable and same with humans that it feels like not much surprises me anymore. I see the world in its "existence" and not in it's "essence".
Which has made it very difficult to maintain certain relationships, especially my dad and brother, they don't experience this, and their "machoness" conflicts with the way I perceive reality. :(
But on a more positive note, it has lead me to become a skilled musician, audio engineer, and traditional artistry.. :)
Will post my submission soon!
-Soul Slip

Boqurant
Great idea. Personally I have minor OCD issues but haven't been diagnosed yet.

When's the deadline? I'm currently still in the final throes of school work and study, but I'll get to work on this ASAP.

Thanks for this opportunity and I'm praying for all of you who are going through these hard times.

peace
nautilus | member of the orange collective

Nova Scotia Robot
Thank you Jonse.

We have ourselves a good group here. I wish all the best to you all.

Here is my submission:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1u0iiceiqgwi7u5/Anvil%20Stereo%20-%20Finding%20Calm%20After%20the%20Storm.wav?dl=0

Nova Scotia Robot
Your submission sounds great, TheStatPow.

Boqurant

Happy Cycler
I love the idea of this. (Hello, lifelong sufferer of chronic depression, anxiety, also trans woman with the accompanying gender dysphoria)

If it's still open I should very much like to scoop something together for this.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

turquoise70 wrote:I love the idea of this. (Hello, lifelong sufferer of chronic depression, anxiety, also trans woman with the accompanying gender dysphoria)

If it's still open I should very much like to scoop something together for this.

*Spits out drink* Nice to see you wandering around here...

IT IS NOT A RECORD WITHOUT NICOLE.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Boqurant
But wait, there's more...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0az8tgv2ae44h3/nautilus%20-%20Sunlit%20Grass.wav

Are these submissions exclusive to the compilation or can we reuse/repurpose them?

[EDIT: Also, are you (Jonse) going to be the one mixing this compilation?]

Boqurant
:shock: Oops. Stupid me. I meant bearhead.

Next

Return to This Random Sound