APHEX TWIN NEW ALBUM?

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
chronical wrote:Pointless? What? He just wanted to share his unreleased here and theres with his fans. My best friend died right before the dump and all those daily comments and quirky tracks really saved my summer. Of course that's super subjective but I really wouldn't call making his nethead fanbase super happy for a while pointless :roll:

That's just my opinion pal. Don't take it personally. Everyone's vision on music is different.

Eagle Minded
Btw, the leaked version is a fake. According to Bleep, the songs' length don't match. Better wait for the real version.

Sherbet Head
Moloch wrote:That's just my opinion pal. Don't take it personally. Everyone's vision on music is different.

Not taking it personal, just sharing my subjective take on the manner from an objective and personal point of view :)

Also abundance10edit is beautiful. Wonder if it's a film he sampled there.

Eagle Minded
I dig T69 -- middle section reminds me of some of the schtuff from Autechre's Confield.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Eagle Minded
Ok so this leaked and it's really fucking good. Probably my favourite Aphex release since the big comeback. Can't wait for the ltd vinyl to show up!

Sherbet Head
chronical wrote:
Moloch wrote:That's just my opinion pal. Don't take it personally. Everyone's vision on music is different.

Not taking it personal, just sharing my subjective take on the manner from an objective and personal point of view :)

Also abundance10edit is beautiful. Wonder if it's a film he sampled there.

"Just a mystery mixture" - MDG
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Nova Scotia Robot
The album is out. I'm still waiting for my cassette, but listened to the album on spotify on my walk to work this morning. Holy crap it's really good!

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:The album is out. I'm still waiting for my cassette, but listened to the album on spotify on my walk to work this morning. Holy crap it's really good!

Gave it two spins during my mail delivery round today, fuck yeah it is REALLY good! Probably getting even better after repeated listens. It's certainly not groundbreaking in terms of the Aphex sound, but holy damn the flow and groove here is so nice! Really lush sounds man.

This track is so so sick!
phpBB [media]

And the last (acid) track is also amazing!
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
Abundance track is one of the best electronic tracks I remember, that transition at 1 minute...

Sherbet Head

Posts Quantity
Hey hey it's been a while since I've logged on here. My bad, been going through some bad health lately with OCD and all.

Anyway apologies for the off topic part but I gave Collapse EP a listen, and it's okay at best. I don't know with T69 Collapse not clicking with me a lot, I was afraid this was going to happen with the rest of the songs. And it did. I don't know, may end it'll take a while to click with me, perhaps a few listens...??
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Sherbet Head
PresidentSquidward wrote:Hey hey it's been a while since I've logged on here. My bad, been going through some bad health lately with OCD and all.

Anyway apologies for the off topic part but I gave Collapse EP a listen, and it's okay at best. I don't know with T69 Collapse not clicking with me a lot, I was afraid this was going to happen with the rest of the songs. And it did. I don't know, may end it'll take a while to click with me, perhaps a few listens...??

My experience is that with Aphex (and Autechre to a much larger extend) there is so much going on in the tracks that I really need to listen to it several times for the depth of sounds, layers and "hidden" rhythms to integrate. Given enough time, things really start to "click" and there you go. Some of the less accessible albums take me months to fully appreciate and love, but at the end they all do kind of. Some more than others obviously. But the bottomline is "getting it", which could take some time. Or maybe you didn't like it after all, but most of the time that is impossible to tell on the first listen imo.

I don't really find Collapse EP inaccessible though, but that's me. Just spin it a few times and see what happens I guess :)

Dayvan Cowboy
I have to say... I actually prefer a couple of the leak/fake tracks more than the actual ones!

Collapse is okay. I miss the more emotive tracks from Aphex Twin. Things post Drukqs come from a way more technical standpoint - which I deeply understand and appreciate, but isn't something I throw on for casual listening too often. It's the same reason I'm not the biggest Autechre fan.

That being said, I know emotion is not dead in Aphex Twin's stuff and obviously love songs like XMAS_EVE, 180db, and aisatsana from Syro and certain aspects of the Cheetah EP.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
Collapse EP is amazing. Haven't been this hyped over new Aphex since The Tuss.
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

Happy Cycler
That strange 'voice synth' at the beginning of MT1 reminds me a lot of the one at the beginning of track 6 on SAW II. The one often called Mold.

This is probably his most fresh sounding release in a while. I am enjoying it.

Nova Scotia Robot
I still haven't received my cassette in the mail. :(

It shipped out on September 10th. I got word that other Canadians haven't gotten theirs yet either.

For the love of beavers*, where is my cassette??

*(Canada's national animal. Yup, you wish your national animal was a beaver.) :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Its on its way, sir. Be patient.

Nova Scotia Robot
HAHAHAHAHA!
(I prefer to imagine that it was the beaver talking)

...sorry, eh. Ya, I'll be patient.

Sherbet Head
Damn this one is a grower, MT1 t29r2 is so badass! Ridiculously good EP imo, getting better with each spin.

Previous

Return to This Random Sound