New BoC track (likely not) on Covert compilation?

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
Min-Y-Llan wrote:Yeah thanks 747Music, i have been feeling a bit shit about it all as I’m only trying to do good things with music.
I’ll be doing touched 3 next year so if anyone wants to be part of that let me know.

yeah i saw that i put LFO, i was 2 bottle of wine in at that point so i could have typed anything.

Hahaha! That's one of the reasons I stopped drinking a while ago. I was doing things far more foolish than that though lol. I mean, I'll still drink alcohol, I just wont get drunk anymore.

Touched 3 sounds intriguing if that's an offer for us to submit songs. I'm just getting things set up again studio-wise, finally. So I'm sure I'll be pumping out tunes again in the near future. I'll keep you in mind for sure while I'm working.

I came up with a new band name too. I was the first one to copyright music under the name 747Music, but now someone else is using that name. How someone else came up with that name for a band is beyond me, because the reasons I have for the name are really personal and weird. It's not even a good band name to begin with lol. So I changed my name to "Travel By Clouds", which was a song title of one of my earliest works. But I don't really like that either. I wanted something that represents me a bit more. My sense of humor, my weird personality, my fascinations. Anyways, I came up with something, and I love it. It represents me well, especially my sense of humor in spending hours with a few friends talking about what would be an awesome/funny band name. The name I chose has a hidden meaning to it too. I'll tell you guys in time. I'll start a thread when I write my first song for it, OR when I upload an Old Tunes release of sorts composed of a lot of my best previous work. I already started a bandcamp page with the new band name. Just gotta organize the old songs and then upload them. Maybe I'll do that today... Ya, I'mma do it today. I really just wanna get an opinion outta you fine folk here on twoism on the name I chose.

Eagle Minded
I think the whole project has been amazing so what if boc aren't on it and it sold few more copies, surely the whole project is all about ambiguity, and conjecture by the listener.

Hold your head high my Welsh brother, you have done an amazing job to help others less fortunate than ourselves, health is everything, much more than boc will ever be.

Ok, so in light of MDG's post and also other information that's come my way offline, I'm moving this topic into Random Sound as not really BOC related. Title edited too to avoid confusion.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Irrelevant since mdg happened, but...
2020k wrote:some inspiration from Tomorrow's Harvest came from sci-fi soundtracks. Who's to say that doesn't include sci-fi TV shows?

Chinook samples incidental music from an early episode of Doctor Who, just thought I'd put that back out there.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Nova Scotia Robot
Stavorius wrote:
I’ll do my best to get a boc track for Touched 3

If you want to catch the BoC, you have to think like the BoC

The following is a well hidden but alluded to* process, confirmed as fact:

*allusions will become obvious once understanding the process.

How to Think Like BoC

Basics:
You need to have an eagle in your mind. After an extensive wildlife analysis, we found that many types of eagles have been used and no species seems to stand above another. So in your country/area, go out into the woods or cliffs near a water source, in an area where eagles have been known to be spotted. Now this is of vital importance, bring a balloon with you. This is your main eagle bait. Why? Because when choosing your eagle, you have to be sure that it loves balloons, and I mean REALLY loves balloons. Enough to even want to be one. That way once you have the eagle in that mind of yours, everything you do will in effect be a balloon. If you find the right eagle, it will simply approach the balloon after a mating call. It will not resist gentle capture at this point. Using telepathy, the eagle and the balloon will become one, and then it will enter your mind. Capturing 2 eagles is almost required in this process. This is to give you a better chance in finding an eagle that has a stronger compatibility with the balloon. During the telepathy process you can determine which eagle is better for the job.

Telepathy Steps:
Step 1: Connect yourself, the balloon you used to capture the eagles, and of coarse your 2 eagles to a microwave emitter. Make sure the balloon is in closer range to the eagles than you. (wouldn't want yourself to be combined with the balloon before the eagle is. Obviously. :roll: ) Also, record the process with an audio recorder. (This is crucially important for Steps 4 and 5)
Step 2: Count to Ten. Tip: Eagles tend to like the number Five. Elongating your pronunciation of the number Five seems to help put the eagle at ease. This, in effect, allows for a better connection to the eagle.
Step 3: Based on how the eagles react to your counting, which is especially ascertainable upon your elongated pronunciation of "Five", determine which eagle is better for the job. Disconnect the lesser eagle at this point.
Step 4: After disconnecting the lesser eagle, using the microwave emitter, turn up the balloon's connection to the chosen eagle while repeating Step 2. Make sure your counting is not too loud. The eagle is very sensitive at this point because of it's increased connection with the balloon. Once Step 4 is complete, balloon will enter the eagles mind, making it one. You will now be able to faintly hear the eagle speak. It will say something that it observes in the room that it responds well to. Like a color or pattern of something nearby.
Step 5: Play back what the eagle had said. This is to get to know the state of mind of the eagle when it speaks something that it responds well to. Apply the same state of mind and vocal quality to your own voice by splitting your infinities. This is it! The next step will fully connect your mind with the eagle. For proper integration, it's important for you not to be nervous. Nervousness will affect your state of mind and your voice quality when speaking to the eagle in Step 6.
Step 6: Count to Seven. If done right, just before you get to Seven you will hear an echo of the number Six. After reaching Seven, you should immediately hear the eagle start it's instructions for you by saying "listen", followed by sayings of thought orientation reprogramming.

Congratulations. You now have an eagle in your mind. Follow the eagles advice and listen carefully.

Post Telepathy Eagle Maintenance:
Of coarse to keep the eagle contained, you have to wear head covering. A beanie or a toque usually works best.

Illustration 1 Through 4: Containing Your Eagle
1.Image
2.Image
3.Image
4.Image

Of coarse the eagle needs to breathe fresh air here and there. Treat your balloon loving eagle well. Let it breathe once in a while. Mike and Marcus have found the most effective, well balanced method to keep the BoC mindset going: Alternate your head cover removal. At least one person should try to remain fully eagle-minded at a given time. However, if it comes down to it, and both eagles really need to breathe fresh air, don't withhold it from them. Above all else, a healthy eagle is an effective eagle.

Illustration 5 Through 8: Taking Turns
5.Image
6.Image
7.Image
8.Image

In Conclusion:
Follow that basic guideline and in a short amount of time you will think just like BoC. Most of it was there all along. It's just that the Telepathy process was somewhat of a mystery until the release of Tomorrow's Harvest.

Now that you know, try to keep this from spreading around too much. Ultra BoC fans (referred to as New Seeds) have been deemed worthy, as they are the ones who generally understand the secrets in the music. But if this got out to the general public, the methods used and the BoC mindset/understanding would no doubt be misused horribly. Leading to truly sick times. If in case someone not worthy finds out about this from you, simply claim that what they read wasn't real. In fact it may be beast to leave no room for confidence in them at all. Collapse to the cold earth and clearly state that nothing is real.

...can you tell i'm bored... lol

...and because I just now remembered what I was going to do, I stopped looking for clever BoC puns and how I can fit them in with this post... and now I must go... It is sundown, after all... see wut i did there? :lol:

Sherbet Head
you might as well release the real artist names to make up for it, after all boc aint on it and i probably haven't heard of half of them anyway.

Eagle Minded
So I need to put an eagle in my microwave?
Out and about.

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:you might as well release the real artist names to make up for it, after all boc aint on it and i probably haven't heard of half of them anyway.

At the very least, release an alphabetical list of all the artists so we can have fun matching them up to the tracks.

Eagle Minded
The sad truth about music these days is you have to do some messed up shit to get heard. Doesn't even matter if you make great stuff or not. So fucking over-saturated. I don't feel too offended by Touched trying to gain momentum off of other artist's fame. If you are not in that group of artists that started 20+ years ago (BoC, Aphex, etc), you are pretty much screwed unless you suck off label dick or make whatever the trend is that week (trap, edm, vagina music).

/endrant

Sherbet Head
lyst wrote:The sad truth about music these days is you have to do some messed up shit to get heard. Doesn't even matter if you make great stuff or not. So fucking over-saturated. I don't feel too offended by Touched trying to gain momentum off of other artist's fame. If you are not in that group of artists that started 20+ years ago (BoC, Aphex, etc), you are pretty much screwed unless you suck off label dick or make whatever the trend is that week (trap, edm, vagina music).

/endrant

couldn't agree more. theres also a lot of distractions now, social media etc and free digi tools, cheap music boxes to try ones hand at it. masses of information overload at ones disposal that can bother ones own creative ability imo. before ebooks i reckon i took in more information from real books, you value it more or something, now its flicking through to find the information, delete, search again.

best to take a step back and get by with the basics, value that and get the most from it.

Happy Cycler
Knew something felt off from the get, didn't want to say anything because of the cause.

There's no BoC here...not to ruin the fun for those who believe it, but I just can't hear them. Didn't even need MDG's confirmation. The bit of info about the compilation's production coupled with that comment about "BoC ears" was more than enough. I wouldn't even assume they stopped solely at claiming BoC (but don't know enough about some of the other well known artists teased to go with my gut here).
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Boqurant
Ha fair play man!

You got the rumour mill into overdrive, exposure of the album and money raised for a good cause, so success all round. In fairness with the good work you have done with the whole Touched label and past compilations I think we can let you away with misleading us (...slightly) ;) :D

Posts Quantity
Covert 3 has just been release. Have a listen to the first track November Air:

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/covert-3

I'm just about convinced that this is BoC. If it's not them, it's a brilliant track anyway.

There are some other good tracks on the compilation and it's for charity, so worth checking out

Eagle Minded
deadfly wrote:Covert 3 has just been release. Have a listen to the first track November Air:

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/covert-3

I'm just about convinced that this is BoC. If it's not them, it's a brilliant track anyway.

There are some other good tracks on the compilation and it's for charity, so worth checking out

sounds more like newer Christ. rather than BoC.... I heard he didn’t really fancy Tomorrow’s Harvest upon first listen, however, one of his newer songs sounded exactly like a Tomorrow’s Harvest outtake or B-side... and this has all of his classic sounds and style just slightly more on the brothers’ vein

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't think it sounds like Christ but it sounds like Tycho or something to me. Actually I would go so far as to say it sounds like the same artist who wrote Doloxan, it has, to my ears anyway, pretty much the same production, melodic and rhythmic sensibility.

iirc Christ made a facebook post basically saying TH was some kind of masterpiece but it has been more than 5 years so I'm not about to fact check that distant, distant memory. :O

by the way, in this case I don't use sounding like tycho as a criticism. Actually I think that's a great track, really nice.

Eagle Minded
yes it is, very much so... the whole album is good

The production is way too transparent too be Boards and not enough sheen to be Tycho, but the song is VERY nice. I'd guess Christ. too or whoever wrote Doloxan as well.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Sherbet Head
"this thread is full of shenanigans"
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
Reminds me a little bit of Com Truise

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:
Min-Y-Llan wrote:Yeah thanks 747Music, i have been feeling a bit shit about it all as I’m only trying to do good things with music.
I’ll be doing touched 3 next year so if anyone wants to be part of that let me know.

yeah i saw that i put LFO, i was 2 bottle of wine in at that point so i could have typed anything.

Hahaha! That's one of the reasons I stopped drinking a while ago. I was doing things far more foolish than that though lol. I mean, I'll still drink alcohol, I just wont get drunk anymore.

Touched 3 sounds intriguing if that's an offer for us to submit songs. I'm just getting things set up again studio-wise, finally. So I'm sure I'll be pumping out tunes again in the near future. I'll keep you in mind for sure while I'm working.

I came up with a new band name too. I was the first one to copyright music under the name 747Music, but now someone else is using that name. How someone else came up with that name for a band is beyond me, because the reasons I have for the name are really personal and weird. It's not even a good band name to begin with lol. So I changed my name to "Travel By Clouds", which was a song title of one of my earliest works. But I don't really like that either. I wanted something that represents me a bit more. My sense of humor, my weird personality, my fascinations. Anyways, I came up with something, and I love it. It represents me well, especially my sense of humor in spending hours with a few friends talking about what would be an awesome/funny band name. The name I chose has a hidden meaning to it too. I'll tell you guys in time. I'll start a thread when I write my first song for it, OR when I upload an Old Tunes release of sorts composed of a lot of my best previous work. I already started a bandcamp page with the new band name. Just gotta organize the old songs and then upload them. Maybe I'll do that today... Ya, I'mma do it today. I really just wanna get an opinion outta you fine folk here on twoism on the name I chose.

You should have trademarked the name before copyrighting music... that way you can own the name and no one else can do anything with it unless you say so, or they pay you. I just recently trademarked the name Soul Slip, even though a few others have used it in the past... I used to have the band name "Sauropod" (long-neck dinosaurs), but there was a band in the UK that already had that name and had over 1000+ listeners so I chose to give it up to them... I chose "Soul Slip" because it was a song name my bandmate came up with describing the death of his grandmother. I really like that name now. There are others currently using it but I have the most active use of the name and my trademark is currently under review with a lawyer and he stated that he is close to 98% certain that he will approve my mark for Soul Slip. Then, once I receive the certificate, I can send cease and desist letters to those who still use the name in the USA. Which I absolutely plan on doing.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound