New BoC track (likely not) on Covert compilation?

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
http://louderthanwar.com/touched-music- ... r-support/

Welsh based electonica label, Touched Music have, since its inception raised a total of £31,000 for Macmillan cancer support and now they are set to release the second in their series of compilations entitled, Covert. Now the title is very apt as the entire project is shrouded in secrecy with no producers names announced or appearing on the track listing. What we DO know is there are VERY strong rumors that luminaries such as Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada have contributed new music to the compilation making this an essential purchase for fans of electronic music and who wish to help raise funds for a very worthwhile cause.

We'll find out tomorrow I guess?
preparation for a dive.

Posts Quantity
dayvan cowboy remix

Sherbet Head
If you go to Touched Music's Mixlr right now you can hear the long-lost Magic Window Part 2
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Sounds like aphex is on their.. this must be his surely? . Here's hoping for some new BoC :-)

Sherbet Head
Lovely track.

I would really hope so re: new BOC. With so many "album-ready" tracks supposedly laying around, and for a good cause and all (a mysterious anonymous one at that), and after a decent wait, I think throwing a track on this would make perfect sense. Or maybe throwing a whole album on here. :)

Boqurant
http://mixlr.com/touched-music/chat/history/

There was a few people talking about BOC.

Eagle Minded
I'm hoping we'll see a release of the full version of Spiro soon, either on this compilation or in future material. BoC have 5 tracks on Warp20 Infinite, and all of them except Sprio have had an official release. Of course, something completely new and unexpected would be great too :P

Dayvan Cowboy
vballs wrote:Sounds like aphex is on their.. this must be his surely? . Here's hoping for some new BoC :-)

uh....whoever this is, its freakin GREAT! [but ya...sure sounds AFX-y]

uziq? sqrpshr?

Sherbet Head
Well the title of the tune sounds like it could be straight off Syro.

Boqurant

Boqurant
They've played Sandsings (Boards of Canada mix) on the live stream. Is this it?

Edit: I don't think so:

Touched Music :
i’ll play a warm up track to get levels right and then we shall start

Sherbet Head
someone asked about if BoC was on the album, since they wont be giving out track titles right away. and the curator replied:

if you have boc ears you should know

Sherbet Head
Unfortunately I missed the first and last ~15 minutes because of my psychology class and my phone battery dying, but I distinctly remember one of the tracks having some of the same samples as Nlogax. Then again, that one had lyrics referencing things like Facebook so I'm pretty sure that wasn't them. This sounds like a pretty ace compilation of music, though! I'm totally buying this when it comes out.

(Edit)
Fuck, I just remembered that I can't purchase things off Bandcamp because they (and by extension Paypal) always reject my card for apparently erroneous reasons.
Last edited by Jango9 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Jango9 wrote:Unfortunately I missed the first and last ~15 minutes because of my psychology class and my phone battery dying, but I distinctly remember one of the tracks having some of the same samples as Nlogax. Then again, that one had lyrics referencing things like Facebook so I'm pretty sure that wasn't them. This sounds like a pretty ace compilation of music, though! I'm totally buying this when it comes out.

that first part of the stream was a mix, the album stream just started 4 mins ago!

Sherbet Head
northernlite wrote:that first part of the stream was a mix, the album stream just started 4 mins ago!

Whoops, looks like I'm outta touch with my electronic music! (And apparently I've forgotten how time zones work)

Sherbet Head
The mix was great and the stream sounds great so far.

Sherbet Head
this is BOC NOW!!! I BET ON IT 21:25PM British Time

Sherbet Head
I see you compared this track to BoC Jango9. :)

Sherbet Head
can't see the track numbers on the mixlr site, where are they? how many left?

Sherbet Head
Think this is track 10 now...? Amazing so far.

Next

Return to This Random Sound