Amazing Music 2017

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Raekwon - The Wild
Tzusing - 東方不敗

Posts Quantity
Mastodon - Emperor Of Sand. Easily their best since crack The Skye. Love it :D

Posts Quantity
Luke Abbott is releasing an EP on Gold Panda's label Notown under the name Earlham Mystics. Two of the tracks can be heard on the Notown soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/notown-recordings. Sounds really promising.

Friendly Stranger
Braveyoung - Misery and Pride

phpBB [media]

Going to be hard to top this one for me...

Friendly Stranger
Also, not sure if there's any Black Metal fans in there, or if it's even allowed. But anyway, The Great Old Ones new album 'EOD: A Tale Of Dark Legacy' is an absolute epic.

phpBB [media]

Yes there are (not me, try Fugee) and yes it is. 'Oranges are not the only fruit' ;-)

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Mexicola wrote:Yes there are (not me, try Fugee) and yes it is. 'Oranges are not the only fruit' ;-)

Grand!

Listen to Braveyoung if you haven't already, I'm sure you'll love it

That was a bit special actually. Thanks for sharing. Off to investigate more of their work.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
GAS - Narkopop
Out 21 April
Spoiler: show
phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
arvy wrote:GAS - Narkopop
Out 21 April
Spoiler: show
phpBB [media]

Ahhhh FFS. Just sold a bunch of stuff to pay for the box set. This is going to be about £60. Time to see what else can go...

Eagle Minded
Reminder: 'Stage 2' of Caretaker's Everywhere at the End of Time drops tomorrow ... I bought the first one, so every 6 months (for six stages) I'll receive an alert in my inbox re the next stage ... I forgot about it coming until last week.

At this point it's easy to appreciate the concept even more than when it was originally proposed: like real dementia, it takes time, and like people experiencing degenerative memory loss, (if I understand correctly) there are these moments of "Holy shit, wait, I'm losing it" that pop up indiscriminately in the early stages, then fade away ... the way the albums will pop out of the void every six months with (supposedly) an atmosphere that becomes more and more degenerated is like the disease itself, in form, arriving unexpectedly and being more warped and decayed than the last time you were tapped on the shoulder.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Yeah that project is really fascinating. Can't wait to hear the last couple of releases as they're meant to be really out there.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Can't wait to hear the last couple of releases as they're meant to be really out there.

His Caretaker work is some of the music that's influenced me most in the past decade or so, I'd say -- I think it's brilliant.

And w/r/t yer quote above, for sure! See you in 2019!
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Happy Cycler
Drab Majesty is gothy / shoegazey goodness. Album was released January 20th.
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
b0qurant wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Can't wait to hear the last couple of releases as they're meant to be really out there.

His Caretaker work is some of the music that's influenced me most in the past decade or so, I'd say -- I think it's brilliant.

And w/r/t yer quote above, for sure! See you in 2019!

I'm finding parts of Stage 2 unexpectedly moving. It's shaping up to be quite an incredible artistic statement.

Dayvan Cowboy
Been listening to 'Waves' by Dalham this afternoon.

https://dalham.bandcamp.com

One of the best and darkest BoC-influenced things I've heard. Gets better with every listen, so I have the vinyl on order. :)

Posts Quantity
Joey Bada$$ - ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$ (hip-hop)

First half kind of weaker, gets really interesting in the second half though. Joey has an amazing voice and flow as always, combined with godlike beats. Still doesn't beat his 1999 album, but a damn good release nonetheless.

Eagle Minded
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

I couldn't be more enthusiastic about this album right now.

Maybe I'll come by and type out some thoughts on it later, but I wanted it added to the list (it will be, inevitably, anyway).

Friendly Stranger
IanRedpoint wrote:Been listening to 'Waves' by Dalham this afternoon.

https://dalham.bandcamp.com

One of the best and darkest BoC-influenced things I've heard. Gets better with every listen, so I have the vinyl on order. :)

Thanks IanRedpoint! That's my album, really glad to see it get some Iove from a fellow Boards fan. They're so important to me that their influence is almost inescapable but hopefully I've injected enough originality as well. More work to come in the future, fingers crossed.

Dayvan Cowboy
jm031689 wrote:Thanks IanRedpoint! That's my album, really glad to see it get some Iove from a fellow Boards fan. They're so important to me that their influence is almost inescapable but hopefully I've injected enough originality as well. More work to come in the future, fingers crossed.

:D Had no idea! Haven't looked at the "post what you're working on" thread for ages. Excellent work and any BoC influence is subtly woven into your own sound. I only wish the album were longer.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound