Twoism Records, single artist release announcement

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Site Admin
Way back in the autumn of 2004, while I was still in my carefree mid-20’s, I took a chance and pushed Twoism.org out, kicking and screaming into the world. Taking inspiration from Chyld, I wanted to give fans of Boards of Canada a new home to discuss our shared obsession and love of music, art and culture. I had no idea if anyone would even say hello, let alone whether we’d still be here fourteen years later. Frankly, it was all a little naïve and innocent, or at least that’s how it feels now looking back at those early posts.

Today, in 2018, I’m proud and amazed that Twoism continues to go from strength to strength. Collectively, we harbour the freaks, shelter the outcasts and welcome in the pariahs of the electronic and alternative music world. We talk, we share, we support and more than this, we offer one another an online haven, a place to call home.
Also several interesting music projects developed with our pinnacle, One on Twoism. which became a household name.

Now, we want to take things to a new level.

We’ve all known for some time that Twoism.org harbours many incredible artists. Without even pausing for thought, I think of Com Truise (SarinSunday), Lone, Solar Bears (John Fonda), Skytree, Flamingo Pudding (Cupz), Saturday Index, Boreal Network, Cities Of Earth and of course all the One on Twoism artists….. The list of incredible artists connected to our fertile corner of the internet goes on and on and on. Sadly, we also learned that some, who shall remain nameless here, exploited that rich vein for their own nefarious means and that hurt me personally. I know it hurt you too and this sowed a seed of an idea which has now come to bloom.

So, it is with great pride that today we are announcing the single release launch on Twoism Records. This has been long in the planning, but the time is high to make this a reality. Myself and Mexicola have been working on this project in the background for a considerable time and we’re delighted to announce that our first release is from the incredible Weathermonger, a long-time Twoism.org regular who many of you will know as IanRedpoint. His full length debut titled ‘The Ephemeral City’ is nothing short of wonderful and I know you’re going to be blown away by it. Get in early and order the collector’s edition complete with a gorgeous colour cassette which includes a bonus track - a truly spectacular remix from ADecentMan. You do NOT want to miss this! Keep an eye on twoism.org as we roll out more details in the upcoming weeks.

In time, we will add to our roster. We already have several interesting artists lined up who we think you’ll love, but that’s for another day. For now, sit back and relax

To close I'd wish to express my personal gratitude to my partner in crime Mexicola. Without his endless energy and help this wouldn't have happened!

We’ve started up.
Image Image

Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
wow, amazing!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Thank you guys, all of you, for making one great community.
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Good :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Great stuff, and I'm digging it. Welcome to the world, Twoism Records. :-)

Dayvan Cowboy
Fantastic!

Dayvan Cowboy
Really enjoying the stream, some really serene and beautiful sounds.

Happy Cycler
Such excellent news. So proud to have a small stake in this talented community. Well done to everyone involved in this.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
very awesome, and a huge congrats! can't wait to see where this goes.

Eagle Minded
kudos!
preparation for a dive.

Thank you everyone. You have no idea how good it is to hear you say this!

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
I was going to be a grumpy shite but HOW CAN I WHEN THIS IS SUCH SUPERB NEWS

**YES SHOUTING**

Congratulations guys. What is this.............this...........feeli............eugh..................oh.......yeah.......I am proud of you ;)

:D

Aesthetics wrote:I had no idea if anyone would even say hello

HELLO. <:)
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Also, to those how might not have checked out the OOT compilations and maybe wondered why some are keen to see a new one, now you know! Go check em out. There's a rich vein of talent here ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Congrats to all involved and on the brand new Twoism Records! Really digging the stream :)

I kinda knew it wasn't gonna be BoC-related, but this lives up to the "hype", thanks and well done!
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
... And breathe out. :)

I can't thank enough Aesthetics and Mexicola enough for making this happen. It's been in the pipeline (and on my hard drive) for what feels like an age. Goes without saying that it would never have been made without the inspiration and support of the community on here.

TWM x

Dayvan Cowboy
Fantastic work, I will say it again. Congratulations for Ae and Mexi for masterminding this. Who knows where Twoism Records will be in five or ten years time? I sense the start of something really positive.

Eagle Minded
Frig............forgot................CONGRATS TO YOU TOO WM...................it's kinda a big day for you too ;)

What I heard of your stuff is lush, excited to hear the lot

J

Dayvan Cowboy
And of course: Congratulations to all of the artists involved for making it possible. I think people's brief disappointment that it wasn't a direct BoC announcement was swiftly replaced with fascination and excitement listening to some really interesting and beautiful tunes and knowing that Twoism has its own record label. I'm hearing some real talent on this stream!

Boqurant
congrats guys, this is fantastic

Next

Return to Twoism Records