Switch to full style
Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

Re: APHEX TWIN NEW ALBUM?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:51 am

T69 leaked lol

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:05 am

phpBB [media]

Hope we get the video soon. Also the quality is potato.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm

T69 Collapse, does absolutely nowt for me.

Soulless and emotionally devoid.

Anyone know when new BoC is out? :wink:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 am

phpBB [media]

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 am

https://bleep.com/release/106868-aphex-twin-collapse-ep

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:22 am

polarbear wrote:
phpBB [media]

That's quite the video, eh?

I'm not really sold on the track (yet).

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:40 pm

In my opinion, the track is very good. Not his best, but certainly not his worst. As for the video, I thought it was really well done, fits the theme of the track excellently. It's a shame that the youtube compression was so hefty, what with the insane amount of crap flying all over the place at light speed. It would be awesome if there was an uncompressed version out there somewhere.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 pm

The song is alright, but I don't really like the section on the middle. The video looks like a shitpost

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:34 am

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Track is purdy. Video is very nice, though a bit "weirdcore got their rendering farm" imo (not that I could do better with all the rendering farms in the world). Also,can we get that gif pingponged? :D

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Looking forward to this new E.P

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Moloch wrote:
Ectonaut wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:BoC will certainly not be releasing anything in the next month or two as Aphex has the warp spotlight for a bit.

Things could be worse

Well, nope. Aphex has been going downhill for a while now, and I don't expect anything good for his next release.

I disagree with you Moloch. Syro was a killer album and I am so happy that RDJ is still making music.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 am

It is ok. It feels like he is doing this type of sound for many years now. Maybe something freash instead?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 am

i just gave it a listen. i'm not sure what to think of it

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Leaked.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Ectonaut wrote:I disagree with you Moloch. Syro was a killer album and I am so happy that RDJ is still making music.

Agree, Syro was a really decent album on its own merit. When placed next to RDJ's other works it kind of lacks that magic that I grew to like in his earlier music, though, especially ones done under the AFX name.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:56 pm

It's funny how opinions differ. I really like his older stuff, but Syro is one of my fav albums of him. Best comeback I could've hoped for. It's such a coherent piece of work, with all the little details. Such a groovy album, pure electronic bliss when listening on higher end audio gear.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm

I actually quite enjoyed Syro. Heck, I even have it on double LP. The following EPs and tons of tracks released on Souncloud were pointless though, imho. I guess AFX had to empty his backlog in some way.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Pointless? What? He just wanted to share his unreleased here and theres with his fans. My best friend died right before the dump and all those daily comments and quirky tracks really saved my summer. Of course that's super subjective but I really wouldn't call making his nethead fanbase super happy for a while pointless :roll:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:28 pm

chronical wrote:Pointless? What? He just wanted to share his unreleased here and theres with his fans. My best friend died right before the dump and all those daily comments and quirky tracks really saved my summer. Of course that's super subjective but I really wouldn't call making his nethead fanbase super happy for a while pointless :roll:

People will never be satisfied enough...
I was listening to BOC’s entire released catalog and I am now humbled if TH is the end... I know it’s not, but if it turns out they just aren’t as interested anymore, I am so happy I was able to exist long enough to experience what they have made for us. I recorded copies of Tomorrow’s Harvest the movie (fan) onto old vhs tapes! The vhs tone really brings out their old warbled aesthetic ha!
Post a reply