Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

Re: Now Playing:

Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:39 pm

phpBB [media]

Shades of BOC and Broadcast in there?

Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Zaphyd -You

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA

This is really catchy

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Najlepsiejszy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA

This is really catchy

Well.... I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting that. I have never seen an Asian man even attempt yodeling let alone actually do it that well.

That said, I freakin' love yodeling! I wish I could yodel like my Opa. He was an amazing yodeler. After all, he was a professional musician in Germany all his life, playing the accordion while singing and yodeling at awesome authentic German restaurants. He was damn good and was loved by all the locals. He was pretty famous in that area of Germany. All of this makes me happy and sad at the same time. Happy because he's so awesome, and sad because he's currently dying in a hospice in Germany and I have no way of getting to him to say goodbye in person. At least I saw him just last year when he came to visit for a few weeks and we had a great time. We got to see Germany win the World Cup together while he was visiting. There's lots of great memories to be fond of.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:36 pm

phpBB [media]

Animal Collective come through with another great single in anticipation of their new record.

hopefully this doesn't let down like Centi Hz.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:14 am

Actress - Splazsh

Actress always makes me feel weird. Trying to explain it is like trying to explain a dream to someone.

phpBB [media]

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:08 am

phpBB [media]

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Hole - Violet

Love her or loathe her, there's no denying Courtney has come up with some great tunes....

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 pm

FIDLAR is awesome, really liking the new direction they've taken

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 am

phpBB [media]

I've been on the biggest Deerhoof binge as of late.

What other band can be so gleefully noisy, their approach to noise rock is so giddy, it's infectious

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Cor Scorpii - Monument

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:44 am

Mazzy Star - So tonight that i might see (album)

Never heard this gem before, ofcourse I knew Fade Into You, but the entire album is pretty damn good as well.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 pm

^ beautiful album ^

Broadcast - Papercuts

I'm rediscovering so much music at the moment. Mrs_A_Northern_Soul bought me a wireless speaker for Christmas, so I'm spending a lot of time raking through Spotify for forgotten gems. She's never heard as many Stereolab b-sides...

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:38 pm

http://listen.hatnote.com

Wikipedia.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:40 pm

portiss wrote:Mazzy Star - So tonight that i might see (album)

Never heard this gem before, ofcourse I knew Fade Into You, but the entire album is pretty damn good as well.

Best show I was at but never saw them. They played in complete darkness with one dark blue overhead stage light!

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:46 pm

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:28 pm

phpBB [media]

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:27 am

Torn n Frayed wrote:
portiss wrote:Mazzy Star - So tonight that i might see (album)

Best show I was at but never saw them. They played in complete darkness with one dark blue overhead stage light!

Haha that's pretty sick!

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:42 am

Just discovered these two today. I'm impressed.

phpBB [media]

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Goddamn man, thanks for turning me onto this stuff. Reminds me of early Kaki King with a Spanish (?) twist. Good find.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RweztawAnls[/media[

I have been completely enamoured by this record as of late, incredible stuff.
Post a reply