--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
747Music wrote:

Damn, man. These are really awesome! Found yer SC page and love that song you have up, "white horse". This is a really cool project you have going and I'm definitely a fan. I'd love to hear and see more!

What on earth?? It's all gone! The website, the youtube videos, the soundcloud song that was up. What happened?? This stuff was really quite good. I went to have another listen and am pretty bummed by this.

Eagle Minded
https://thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/releases

just helped out with this, and I did quite a bit! there's a description of who did what on each individual if you're curious (i'm bphax)
it started out as a half joke but there's some excellent parts to this, check it out
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Sherbet Head
_Pantheon_ wrote:This evening been working on a slow and sultry 80s synth fest, complete with bad tape lead ins and outs.

https://soundcloud.com/aidandodds/synthetic-love

Hey how are you?! Long time no chat. I just caught this bit and really like it, very bright and 80's.

I finally got my whole studio out of storage from the midwest and got it out to California a little over two years ago. Since then I added a *few* key pieces I've been wanting (P6, Dominion and Mini D). In fact the only synth I'm really wanting to add at this point is the OB6 and to replace a guitar I had stolen from my car when I moved. I now have my own house and am getting my studio fully squared away. Have some acoustic treatment getting added soon. Unfortunately my work and personal life schedule only leaves snippets here and there to work on music so I really haven't finished a track since I got full time work again and got engaged.

ImageImage

Dayvan Cowboy
machinea wrote:I finally got my whole studio out of storage from the midwest and got it out to California a little over two years ago. Since then I added a *few* key pieces I've been wanting (P6, Dominion and Mini D). In fact the only synth I'm really wanting to add at this point is the OB6 and to replace a guitar I had stolen from my car when I moved. I now have my own house and am getting my studio fully squared away. Have some acoustic treatment getting added soon. Unfortunately my work and personal life schedule only leaves snippets here and there to work on music so I really haven't finished a track since I got full time work again and got engaged.

ImageImage

Dude, you have an incredibly amazing selection of analog synths! Kudos on getting all the gear back together...I'm sadly in the process of tearing down my studio (temporary) and putting the bigger stuff in storage while I save some $$ for a few months. Later in the year my lady and I are getting a bigger place...when that happens, I'm dreaming of the day I get to bring everything out of storage and put it in a nice room like this. :D

Also, I feel you on the work/personal life schedule...it seems the older I get, the less time I have to work on my own music. Don't let it stop ya tho--happy tracking! 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
Thanks the room is a modest 9x12 and the jasper stand is a necessity. I've been working at getting this to where I want it for over a decade, it helps to know what room I'll be in for years to come to address ergonomic issues. It certainly has been a journey with a lot of gear sold off that didn't make it due to sound or workflow. I know myself a lot better now, if it's got a convoluted interface that I have to spend time learning it's not going to work out and as much as I like the idea and flexibility of modulars I do not enjoy patching in the slightest. It's enough to have a synth with no midi and no patch storage and I draw the line there. Actually I just got a Kenton for the juno 60 late last year. I definitely prefer keyboards to desktop units as well. My desk is already out of space. I prefer to have my hands on the keyboard as I tweak the knobs.

Good luck on your downsizing for now, sometimes I find it a good exercise even though it is a pita. I also took the opportunity when I set back up to get all the serial numbers off of everything and make a master insurance list that I keep in the cloud. I highly recommend anyone with a fair amount of stuff to do this those cables and additional odds and ends really do add up.

Eagle Minded
Coming soon. A new ambient album from Synthetrix
https://soundcloud.com/synthetrix/compl ... um-preview

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
machinea wrote:Thanks the room is a modest 9x12 and the jasper stand is a necessity. I've been working at getting this to where I want it for over a decade, it helps to know what room I'll be in for years to come to address ergonomic issues. It certainly has been a journey with a lot of gear sold off that didn't make it due to sound or workflow. I know myself a lot better now, if it's got a convoluted interface that I have to spend time learning it's not going to work out and as much as I like the idea and flexibility of modulars I do not enjoy patching in the slightest. It's enough to have a synth with no midi and no patch storage and I draw the line there. Actually I just got a Kenton for the juno 60 late last year. I definitely prefer keyboards to desktop units as well. My desk is already out of space. I prefer to have my hands on the keyboard as I tweak the knobs.

Good luck on your downsizing for now, sometimes I find it a good exercise even though it is a pita. I also took the opportunity when I set back up to get all the serial numbers off of everything and make a master insurance list that I keep in the cloud. I highly recommend anyone with a fair amount of stuff to do this those cables and additional odds and ends really do add up.

Right on dude. Building a nice little studio does indeed take serious time..good call on getting all yr serial #'s together, smart thinking! Agreed that it is a good exercise to downsize--I'm already finding ways to better organize equipment and such.

Segue: I meant to share this a while back but forgot. Finally started working on an ambient EP! It's something I've always wanted to do but have never had the time to. I don't normally make totally electronic music like this (I'm a songwriter/engineer primarily) but I love the genre and last year I bought a few new (old) toys that ended up working great for me and led to this track. It's just a short thing I made but I'm hoping to have a few more tracks in similar tone to it and maybe put it out in March. The winter seems conducive to making this type of music....

Enjoy! :D

https://liamking.bandcamp.com/track/december-ecco
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
Suck my BUTT

Boqurant

Sherbet Head
machinea wrote:
_Pantheon_ wrote:This evening been working on a slow and sultry 80s synth fest, complete with bad tape lead ins and outs.

https://soundcloud.com/aidandodds/synthetic-love

Hey how are you?! Long time no chat. I just caught this bit and really like it, very bright and 80's.

I finally got my whole studio out of storage from the midwest and got it out to California a little over two years ago. Since then I added a *few* key pieces I've been wanting (P6, Dominion and Mini D). In fact the only synth I'm really wanting to add at this point is the OB6 and to replace a guitar I had stolen from my car when I moved. I now have my own house and am getting my studio fully squared away. Have some acoustic treatment getting added soon. Unfortunately my work and personal life schedule only leaves snippets here and there to work on music so I really haven't finished a track since I got full time work again and got engaged.

ImageImage

Heya! Yeah its been a while :)
I'm good thanks, much better then I was last I was active here. Congrats on your engagement, that's really nice to hear!!
I know what you meen about having no time to work on music, its the same story for me. I have an amazing job now, which has funded me a studio full of amazing synths but now I have little time to play with them haha. I've just bought myself a new flat, so will soon finally be able to set them all up for some nice jams.
What an amazing setup you have! Well jealous haha. You've always had a great eye for hardware ;)
I've not heard any of your recent stuff, got any links to share?

Eagle Minded
'nother GarageBand track, "Rooms In Which I Was Honest": https://soundcloud.com/thai-bluejeans-s ... was-honest

I'm trying to simplify my songwriting process ... I usually get so eager to play with the effects on GarageBand that I overdo it.
Trying to focus more on the song itself before going in and manipulating it.

I played this song at an open mic (me w/ acoustic guitar) last week.
This is also the first time I've played a song live and recorded it afterward ... it's always the other way around.
It definitely affected how I conceptualize the track.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Nova Scotia Robot
b0qurant wrote:'nother GarageBand track, "Rooms In Which I Was Honest": https://soundcloud.com/thai-bluejeans-s ... was-honest

I'm trying to simplify my songwriting process ... I usually get so eager to play with the effects on GarageBand that I overdo it.
Trying to focus more on the song itself before going in and manipulating it.

I played this song at an open mic (me w/ acoustic guitar) last week.
This is also the first time I've played a song live and recorded it afterward ... it's always the other way around.
It definitely affected how I conceptualize the track.

I like this a lot. I like the idea to write the song as you did: simple, live, no manipulation. Do it as if you have no intention of processing or manipulating the sound afterwards. Then once it's "finished" do your processing and manipulations to the sound. More so to the sound than the writing/sequencing/layout.

Good stuff, man.

Sherbet Head
Bought the Volca FM a few days ago to go alongside my Volca Sample, decided to give it a little go: https://soundcloud.com/thestatpow/volca ... nd-fm-test
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:Bought the Volca FM a few days ago to go alongside my Volca Sample, decided to give it a little go: https://soundcloud.com/thestatpow/volca ... nd-fm-test

groovy. what parts of the song are the FM, and which parts are the Sample? It's hard to distinguish.

I released a little album thing a few days ago. I'm trying to get used to not using a DAW.

ccradle.bandcamp.com
PlacentaSand wrote:One time I listened to Geogaddi and i got scared.

Eagle Minded
Vostok wrote:I released a little album thing a few days ago. I'm trying to get used to not using a DAW.

ccradle.bandcamp.com

Very nice... I downloaded it. Gonna give it a good spin the next few days. I'm longing for some warm weather myself... :]
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
Elexen wrote:
Vostok wrote:I released a little album thing a few days ago. I'm trying to get used to not using a DAW.

ccradle.bandcamp.com

Very nice... I downloaded it. Gonna give it a good spin the next few days. I'm longing for some warm weather myself... :]

Hey thanks man!
PlacentaSand wrote:One time I listened to Geogaddi and i got scared.

Sherbet Head
Vostok wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:Bought the Volca FM a few days ago to go alongside my Volca Sample, decided to give it a little go: https://soundcloud.com/thestatpow/volca ... nd-fm-test

groovy. what parts of the song are the FM, and which parts are the Sample? It's hard to distinguish.

I released a little album thing a few days ago. I'm trying to get used to not using a DAW.

ccradle.bandcamp.com

Anything thats drum is the Volca Sample, and everything thats synth is the FM.

I like what you got going on there, nice warm synth sounds!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded

Love it! Sounds very punchy and polished, with just the right amount of depth to it. Nicely done!
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound