--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Yea so took a little sidestep / foray into the house genre for this track (I THINK!). So its not going to be anything mind blowing, but a nice lofi chill tune to bump. Don't expect anything crazy, was not the intention-- but I do believe my signature sound is still there.

phpBB [media]

I also think my sound as far as mixing goes, this may be my best work yet. My ear is getting better I think.

Cheers!

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

Theres still some work left to do, like drums and a little better tune structure and a proper intro.
Suck my BUTT

Friendly Stranger
I've been working on an album on and off for the past five years and it's finally out there to be consumed. Im a huge boc fan and my music has been heavily influenced by them.

Anyway: http://cubcub.bandcamp.com/album/trig-point

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!

Eagle Minded
kftkft wrote:I've been working on an album on and off for the past five years and it's finally out there to be consumed. Im a huge boc fan and my music has been heavily influenced by them.

I would not purchase this. It doesn't sound like 5 years went into these songs.

Friendly Stranger
ShaneAnthony wrote:
kftkft wrote:I've been working on an album on and off for the past five years and it's finally out there to be consumed. Im a huge boc fan and my music has been heavily influenced by them.

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Eagle Minded
Chroma02 wrote:
ShaneAnthony wrote:

Be careful. Not very official looking.

Friendly Stranger

I see that now, I was only pointing out that rather than offer constructive criticism or ignoring the post, he goes off to insult the guy's music.

Eagle Minded
Chroma02 wrote:

I see that now, I was only pointing out that rather than offer constructive criticism or ignoring the post, he goes off to insult the guy's music.

The sound quality for someone that works 5 years on a record would be different in my opinion. It's not an insult, it's how my ears were trained.

Nova Scotia Robot
I'm rewatching Stranger Things and will never lose my love for old synths. Also a friend has recently suffered a tragedy in his life so I made him this song. I may still add a thing or two (slowly gated vocal notes and/or 1 more complementary synth).
phpBB [media]

Download available if you wanna listen in WAV format. (recommended, d'uh)

Friendly Stranger
ShaneAnthony wrote:
Chroma02 wrote:

The sound quality for someone that works 5 years on a record would be different in my opinion. It's not an insult, it's how my ears were trained.

One mans lofi nightmare is another mans lofi dream. ;)

Sherbet Head
I stayed up entirely way too long finishing this.

phpBB [media]

Telepath
That's fuckin' sweet, bearhead. Was hoping to hear some more dissonant sounds build up in the background followed by a final release of tension, but it's very purdy all the same <3

Telepath

Not too shabby for an old-tunes-like, actually. Wald World is funky as all hell. Good lounge/coffeeshop music. Wald World Woyold Wooled w00t.

ShaneAnthony wrote:I would not purchase this. It doesn't sound like 5 years went into these songs.

It's pay what you want, and not all music is made by full-timers. Don't be dissin dem freebee made-in-spare-time music yo 8)

Eagle Minded
Who is this producer?

Eagle Minded
bearhead wrote:Yes, I used that Sesame Street sample in this.

Love this track. Reminds me of an old Domino produced Hieroglyphics jam.

Happy Cycler
Technically not something I'm working on right now as far as the base music goes, but I've been compiling/sequencing/producing images for my equivalent of an old tunes tape before I ditch the Powernap name for good since every hypothetical new release I have shelved over the last five years. Been uploading some excerpts (FB because my SC was full, but it'll be Dropbox while my trial lasts and then perhaps Cupz can get me some access to Techboy's cloud server).

phpBB [media]

I believe this one was called "Smite(s?)". Completely forgot about it, think I remade it once for an VA/comp EP. While otherwise simple, I love that 12-bit/32000 sampler sound. This track's gotta be from before this decade. Probably will be track 1 of disc two/side C.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
Finished a musics tonight.
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
I made a tune called thererapy because the samples were taking at a fysiotherapy session of my daughter. I use a txt based coding environment (for educational purposes for teens, but so much fun and possibilities). Any one else posting music here made with txt-based code (super collider etc...)?
https://soundcloud.com/user-397056292/pall-dotlep-thererapy-master
whooosh

Nova Scotia Robot
Kyla wrote:Finished a musics tonight.
phpBB [media]

Love this! I already told you that, though. :) Worth saying a second time, for sure.

Rodheh, where do I listen, bud?

Telepath
phpBB [media]

https://soundcloud.com/wizardsoftopaz/d ... housewives

Made this yesterday, to flex the nostalgia muscles for what's to come. Have to make that climax at 2:30 more interesting somehow.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound