--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Not exactly "right now" but something short I made on a rainy evening back in May. Just sold one of the synths on it so I doubt it'll get revisited.

phpBB [media]

https://soundcloud.com/theweathermonger ... k-and-bone

Nova Scotia Robot
Cupz wrote:
phpBB [media]

https://soundcloud.com/wizardsoftopaz/d ... housewives

Made this yesterday, to flex the nostalgia muscles for what's to come. Have to make that climax at 2:30 more interesting somehow.

Goooooood gravy! I'm in love with this song!

Maybe after the climax at 2:30 have one kick per bar with the longest time before the next kick sidechained to the other sounds, except high frequencies, and with a high release time to give it more breath.
A little synth solo would fit in brilliantly, too. It wouldn't need to be extensive, but it would need pitch bending for sure. Maybe a sawtooth based synth voice. 8)

I just listened to it 7 times in a row. lol. I wasn't kidding. I love it.

Nova Scotia Robot
Ian, Of Bark and Bone sounds great, man. very mellow and relaxing melody. :)

Started a new song today. This is what I have so far:

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:Ian, Of Bark and Bone sounds great, man. very mellow and relaxing melody. :)

Thanks, man. Loving your film score pieces up on SC, although it is reminding me why I got so frustrated with using old tapes!

Nova Scotia Robot
Haha! Thanks.

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Nova Scotia Robot
TheStatPow wrote:
phpBB [media]

This is a really fun listen. I love the odd melodies that you come up with and FM synths suit them perfectly.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:
phpBB [media]

This is a really fun listen. I love the odd melodies that you come up with and FM synths suit them perfectly.

Well, this is my 100th post, I shall use it well by thanking you for your kind comments, you've always been supportive of the stuff I've made and it has helped me many time and prevented me from giving up, I am now at a point where I am satisfied with the music that im making AND i'm actually enjoying the stuff that I make and listen to it, so thank you for that :oops:
Suck my BUTT

Nova Scotia Robot
TheStatPow wrote:
747Music wrote:This is a really fun listen. I love the odd melodies that you come up with and FM synths suit them perfectly.

Well, this is my 100th post, I shall use it well by thanking you for your kind comments, you've always been supportive of the stuff I've made and it has helped me many time and prevented me from giving up, I am now at a point where I am satisfied with the music that im making AND i'm actually enjoying the stuff that I make and listen to it, so thank you for that :oops:

It's absolutely my pleasure. Don't stop makin' them fun tunes and I wont stop listening. 8)

Nova Scotia Robot
I'm working on some psychedelic instrumental hiphop atm.

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:I'm working on some psychedelic instrumental hiphop atm.

phpBB [media]

Thats some really Moby sounding stuff, like it.

Some kind of downtempo emotional hip-hop :P
Suck my BUTT

Boqurant
https://soundcloud.com/theweathermonger ... k-and-bone

This song is so peaceful and dreamy @IanRedpoint , being an Arborist I love the title too :P

Here is something i did, a one off kind of thing i didn't expect people to like as much as they did.

This is me fooling around with playing chords i thought would sound good backwards and as it turned out they did.

https://soundcloud.com/thefadebeta/poppy-tea

Very simple, just 2 stems :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Really enjoying your latest tracks. Love Poppy Tea too.

Friendly Stranger
phpBB [media]

Been working on more lo-fi house cuts with LMMS, if anyone hears this and has thoughts I'd love to hear them. I'd like to start trying to get tracks on compilations and small EPs but I'm not entirely sure where to start.

This was a fun track to work on, might do another mix with different eq'ing. I want to make a few more tracks like this but I just migrated computers so it might take a little time to set back up, this is something I had done a little bit before.
Just found out I lost all my project files in the move, gonna have to start over :cry:

Sherbet Head
Chroma02 wrote:
phpBB [media]

Been working on more lo-fi house cuts with LMMS, if anyone hears this and has thoughts I'd love to hear them. I'd like to start trying to get tracks on compilations and small EPs but I'm not entirely sure where to start.

This was a fun track to work on, might do another mix with different eq'ing. I want to make a few more tracks like this but I just migrated computers so it might take a little time to set back up, this is something I had done a little bit before.
Just found out I lost all my project files in the move, gonna have to start over :cry:

Thats nice and catchy, althought your drums EQ really over power the rest, not sure if that is intentional as I don't listen to a lot of lo-fi house stuff.

Don't worry about starting over dude, its actually great, you'll rebuild even stronger, kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to build some ships out of Lego®, but my dad would just come buy and destroy them and put the lego back in my Lego® bin because I'd leave my ships laying around and not cleaning up.

But I can tell you god damn well that each time I rebuilt a ship with my Lego®, it was always better then the one before, they eventually became so cool that it made my destroyed ones absolutely irrevelant and thus my mourning was over. :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Nova Scotia Robot
More music for a film that was never made. This is a small section of the song I'm working on. I was trying out some tricks on tape and while mastering and put a few test renderings together.

I'm also completely obsessed with arps at the moment. And the Juno60's sound.

phpBB [media]

Nova Scotia Robot
Another idea I need to feed and make bigger:
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:Another idea I need to feed and make bigger:
phpBB [media]

I likes this one, some N0ir Dec0 vibes in there 8)

The first one is a bit muddy but thats normal, tape mastering is hard as balls :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Friendly Stranger
TheStatPow wrote:
Chroma02 wrote:
phpBB [media]

Thats nice and catchy, althought your drums EQ really over power the rest, not sure if that is intentional as I don't listen to a lot of lo-fi house stuff.

Don't worry about starting over dude, its actually great, you'll rebuild even stronger, kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to build some ships out of Lego®, but my dad would just come buy and destroy them and put the lego back in my Lego® bin because I'd leave my ships laying around and not cleaning up.

But I can tell you god damn well that each time I rebuilt a ship with my Lego®, it was always better then the one before, they eventually became so cool that it made my destroyed ones absolutely irrevelant and thus my mourning was over. :mrgreen:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and feedback. I wasn't totally satisfied with this take of the track so at this point I'll have to go with what you said and rebuild it. I'm not very good with writing music so I'll have to go back and at least try to figure how how I wrote the melody so I can use it in a new track.

Friendly Stranger
phpBB [media]

1st share
As the thread title says basically *right now* done a musical doodle
was trying out some new toys added to the collection recently so this is just me experimenting really (hence the shortness too) but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!.....still wouldn't class it as a song...just a musical meander..(a v brief one
All NNYz? music....Streams CDs & digital....https://linktr.ee/NNYz

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound