Belong

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Quite professional melodic drone/noise.

Late Night (feat. Syd Barret)
Who Told You This Room Exists

The latter is reminiscent of the Disintergration Loops.

Two of their releases are up on Spotify.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

'I Never Lose, Never Really' is possibly one of my all-time favourite tracks ever. A seriously enormous and completely overwhelming wall of noise.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
October Language is such an incredible album...I really enjoy this type of sound. Thanks for spreading awareness about it

They just announced their debut for the mighty Kranky label. This sounds like a match made in heaven! VERY Happy about this :D :D :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:They just announced their debut for the mighty Kranky label. This sounds like a match made in heaven! VERY Happy about this :D :D :D

The record has leaked and the official release is due soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcpFzXulgI

Here's a track off the new album. I love the melody and the processing of the voice, but the percussion is a failure imho..
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

I LOVE these guys. Downloaded their Tour CD-R & Same Places (Slow Version) ages ago and always have them play me to sleep.

So tempted to d/l, but I think I'll wait and order the vinyl (probably) :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Actually I take back what I said about the percussion. At first it struck me as annoyingly simplistic, but now it grew on me and it's actually pretty appealing. I sometimes have that with music.. "Never Came Close" is my new favorite drug. Such bliss. Best shoegaze I've ever heard. Yet have to properly check out the rest of the album.

Nova Scotia Robot
Guido wrote:Actually I take back what I said about the percussion. At first it struck me as annoyingly simplistic, but now it grew on me and it's actually pretty appealing. I sometimes have that with music.. "Never Came Close" is my new favorite drug. Such bliss. Best shoegaze I've ever heard. Yet have to properly check out the rest of the album.

I was about to say the percussion isn't that bad at all. But you came around.

Awesome stuff! I see what you mean when you call it a drug. It seeps into your mind in such a good way.

Posts Quantity
The new album Common Era was released today. http://www.amazon.com/Common-Era/dp/B004H7WIRA/

Eagle Minded
They were sending it already. I received my copy on Saturday... Let's just say I like October Language way better...
Unexpect the expected

Eagle Minded
Giving this a listen... sounds amazing so far. thanks for the recommendation.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also check out the track Keep Still, love it. I'm sure this album can be interesting for many members of this board.

Boqurant
Sorry about the thread narco but I'm completely blown away by their new album.

Eagle Minded
Yeah, it's brilliant, I listened to it again yesterday.

Dayvan Cowboy
I d'led the leak. Never heard these guys before but I'm dying to check em out. This sounds right up my alley!

Dayvan Cowboy
Hmmm... Common Era sounds so much more conventional than October Language. Almost could be a completely different band. That drum machine instantly makes it sound like an identikit early '90s shoegaze act. Far prefer the tracks without it thumping away on the same 1 bar loop from start to finish.

If you're gonna use a cheap drum machine then at least make the effort to program it. ;-)

I know where people are coming from with the percussion, but have to say - I'm LOVING this!!! Quality shoegaze. :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Along with Panda Bear and Sun Glitters one of my favorite albums of the year. My problems with the percussion disappeared soon enough and I still listen to this album very often, which is a rare thing, because almost always when I discover good music I use and abuse it until it loses its replay value entirely and I never listen to it again, but Common Era stays fresh and amazing.

Posts Quantity
I haven't listened to common era yet, but october language is a fucking amazing album, sends shivers down my spine every time I listen to it.

Next

Return to This Random Sound