Total votes : 76

One on Twoism - Volume 6 [Artwork Poll] ROUND 2

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Round 2.
Will the real winner step up?

Click image for original size.

1. long shadows

2. Perch

PS. No real progress on the mixing yet. Release date still set somewhere summer 2014.
PS2. Anyone who wants to create a microsite?
PS3. = oudated.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:47 pm

While both great, I voted for Perch, 'cause the front reminds me of a boys storybook I had as a child.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:56 pm

It's really close. I love Long Shadows' cover, but I think Perch's overall package edges it. Both very hauntological to me.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Toe to toe, they slug it out!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:29 pm

double posting is actually good
Last edited by BrunchTime on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:48 am

I'd be willing to be that this one will be just as close..

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:33 am

Just wanted to say I'm super honored that my design is in this final round. I just wanted to make sure credit is being given where its due. Polar Sky actually did the insert on my submission, and designed the final texture for the final cover image. So big credit to Polar Sky.

Also, I'm also a bit torn because I LOVE perch's design. I'm not even sure who I want to win this.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:26 am

love them both so much! great work and props to everyone involved

art is great innit

Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I originally voted for longshadows, but I think Perch's design is more professional looking. Cheers to both of you, great work.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:37 pm

my vote goes to Perch again, but a sincere nod to long shadows for his incredible design. a really hard choice, for sure.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:34 am

Perch's design grows on me even more every time I look at it, especially after hearing a little about how it was made; and in the end it gets my vote.
I tip my hat to all the participants--I'd be delighted if my tunes were included on a disc adorned by any of the beautiful and unique designs submitted for the contest! Brilliant work to all...

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

Perch's is different from past artwork and strays from BoC iconography. It will also go perfectly with my submission (provided that my track is included in the end tally) ;p

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:09 pm

I like them both. And congrats to the two guys for coming so close in the last voting. But I'm a huge fan of the imagery in Perch's design, and just feel like it's much stronger as a full piece of artwork.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:02 pm

perch gets my vote. i like long shadows's cover image but perch's is a better and more intriguing design overall.

EDIT: only thing is though - GREG on mbient?? is that a typo or did robin change his dj name??

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 am

ross adey wrote:perch gets my vote. i like long shadows's cover image but perch's is a better and more intriguing design overall.

EDIT: only thing is though - GREG on mbient?? is that a typo or did robin change his dj name??

haha sorry about that. I don't know how that happened, but it was my goof-up. I was told after I submitted, and figured that if the design got anywhere all the text would have to be redone anyways

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:55 am

I have an idea, since both tied in the last round and both are designs I love. Seems like Perch is ahead, and he was ahead before and I liked his design the most, but I feel both are done so well that it'd seem odd for one to be discarded. The other one has grown on me and I've been thinking about how these two could work together.

I don't expect this to be entertained, but I felt I'd propose it: what if artwork from BOTH were used? Like say one is the CD cover, the album artwork, the insert - the other is an alternate cover specifically for a certain edition. There's always that thing where the tracks are split and the other version has them like a long mixtape - the two could have separate digital artwork. Another thing would be to have the download come with both versions of the artwork as well. At the very least, the site could also incorporate both versions of the artwork, such as Perch's smoky effects and long shadows' RGB "6" and title at the top as well as the glow at the very bottom of the page (it'd be quite easy to mix the two seeing as long shadows' design is more minimal).

If it were financially possible, the physical copies could be 50/50, with a "pick your artwork" sort of thing. That's not something I expect to happen under how this compilation has been made, so it's just a what-if, but I seriously think not using components of both designs would be a waste of talent. I'd like to see what it'd look like to have Perch's back artwork with long shadows' "666" OOT thing in the upper lefthand corner and whatnot, faded and modified a bit to fit better. Maybe they could come up with something awesome mixed together.

At any rate though, the microsite should use parts of both. That would be fantastic. Opinions?

'Tis just a thought. If I'm completely honest, long shadows' design and Perch's design REALLY look like a foreground/background, culminating in something amazing if assembled properly. I did that in five minutes so obviously it wouldn't compare to proper collaboration. If they combined it then the big 6 would possibly work best on the back, under track names.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 pm

PPPPERRRCCCHHHHH.

Rodheh's idea is intriguing..!

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:55 pm

I did wonder about the possibility of using the other artwork - maybe even including some of the other entries - in some kind of gatefold booklet / supplement within the CD artwork? Guessing cost would be prohibitive though.

Perch for me by the way, but both are incredible, as were the earlier entries too. Twoism really upped it's game for this year I think 8)

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

My vote goes to Long Shadows. Perch is a great design and would make excellent album artwork for sure, but something so nostalgic and fitting about Long Shadows.
Topic locked