In the preparation of this volume I came to realize that we released OoT6 3 years ago already and we kicked off 4,5 years ago...
When concentrating on the Twoism Records single artist release of The Weathermonger - The Ephemeral City
along with Mexicola I knew it would delay us a bit but man got I distracted! Talking about distracting... The new volume will have a theme again and to the disgust of some, the guy on top of the forum helped us to spread the news. FAKE NEWS, that is.
In our society a lot of what we hear and see is by the means of the TV and internet. We seem to take everything for granted these days and deal with all its consequences.
Without going into detail we think all you artists out there will find a way to include this in your submission somehow. Don't carry to much weight into this if you don't manage to include this in the atmosphere of the song somehow.Audio Submission:
Although most of this may seem obvious, I advise you to read the following rules very carefully
to avoid any unnecessary confusion or discussion. I strongly advise 'new' users who want to contribute to please read the original One on Twoism topics already in this subforum. They will give you a good idea of what One on Twoism is and what I hope this series will continue to be.Ground Rules:
- There is no maximum time limit or limit to the amount of tracks you send (keep it reasonable / don't send too much)
- Your submission is and will be exclusive to the One on Twoism series.
- Please tag your submissions exactly(!) like this: artist - songname (Twoism membername).
- Submit in wav or lossless format (ie FLAC). If you have any questions pertaining to file formats, please feel free to ask.
Please ensure the original file is at the very least a 44.1kHz / 16-bit stereo .wav recording (24-bit is preferred and strongly recommended) and that no dynamic compression or limiting has been applied to the stereo mix for the sake of loudness (don't worry if you mix through a bus compressor-that's fine). It is very difficult to restore the punch and transient attack of your material if it has already been severely brick-walled, so please refrain from limiting (or worse, clipping) your mixes before delivery, and ideally leave at least 2-3dB of headroom in your mixdowns.
- Send a participation email to with your forum and artist name if you are going to submit a song for OoT7. This way Aesthetics will not be surprised with an overload by the end of the deadline.
- Aesthetics reserve the right to select which songs make the compilation.
- Aesthetics reserve the right to alter your submission to fit the compilation.
- DO NOT post your tracks in this topic or anywhere else.
Some special needs, however, are for an intro and perhaps some 'gap fillers' about 30 seconds or so in length. Feel free to come up with whatever you think will work well. Even minimal or voice only samples could be useful... Think intro, mitro, outro, voice, jingle.. anything!Instructions for Submitting:
Send an email to
with the subject exactly(!)
like this: artist - songname (Twoism membername)
. Include a download link.
Once the track has been received you'll get a confirmation email. (This might take up a week)What if:
Audio submission deadline:
- There are too many contributions?
Aesthetics will decide which tracks make the compilation. (Generally, established members will receive preference.)
14 December 2018Artwork Submission:Ground Rules:
Instructions for Submitting:
- Full design: front, inlay, back & CD.
Download the other OoT artwork here to get an impression.
- Resolution: 300dpi
- Format: png
- Front cover width: 1423
- Front cover height: 1411
- Insert width: 1423
- Insert height: 1411
- Tray card (includes two spines) width: 1772
- Tray card (includes two spines) height: 1385
- Spine width: 74
- Send the font along with the artwork.
- Allowing to let the crew edit and finalize your design.
- A banner for promotion in the artwork style.
You can post the artwork in this topic, however only
full designs will be considered for the final design.
The community will pick their favorite design. There will be a poll(if needed) for the community to vote once all submissions are in.Artwork submission deadline:
1st of January 2019Website Submission:Ground Rules:
Instructions for Submitting:
- A fully working website isn't really necessary at this stage yet. A (layered) screenshot, drawing, whatever, of your idea will do as long as it is clear how it operates. A detailed example has more chance of becoming the microsite.
- Some sort of reference to your programming skills is needed so I'm sure you are capable in building the microsite.
- You can use the artwork/tracklist/info of the other OoT's to build the microsite or use artwork which get posted along the way in the artwork topic of OoT7. Once the artwork for OoT7 is ready we'll swap the artwork and change the theme.
- The text shouldn't be integrated in the design. Experience has taught us that it is difficult to finetune the microsite. Once the tracklist and info is available it should be easy to modify it.
- Prefered is an easy adjustable microsite so the final stages can be edited and tested by us.
Website submission deadline:
- DO NOT post the microsite/ideas in this topic.
- Send your design, ideas to
- Once we know which microsite to go for we'll work things out.
1st of February 2019
_______________________________________________One on Twoism Volume 7 release date:
Approximately mid 2019
This time is needed to master, compile and mix, as well as finish the artwork and creating a microsite.Bust a move twoismers!
Mexicola & Aesthetics