The next Compilation

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
saurus wrote:I would love to see collaborations between artists on songs... Or even Oot Vol 4 and a counterpart remix album by other members.

:shock: OOHHH :D That would be fun and very inspiring and influential on me, cause you guys are pretty much my role models! (minus the drug part)

Dayvan Cowboy
as soon as i figure out what the hell i'm doing with anything ever,

maybe i could contribute.

probably wouldn't have anything in the way of actual electronica.. more like real acoustic music with influences of BoC
meh
we'll see.

Posts Quantity
saurus wrote:I would love to see collaborations between artists on songs... Or even Oot Vol 4 and a counterpart remix album by other members.

This co-lab idea sounds really fun, I like it.

Dayvan Cowboy
yeah i agree i do like the collab idea. i think it would be a lot fun and we would get some very unique sounding stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
can we collab with non twoism artists?

Dayvan Cowboy
Phasen wrote:can we collab with non twoism artists?

Huh, that's a good concept, but who are some examples? Cause I don't know very many that would be willing to.

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone. I''ve been supposed to do some ambient collab with Ian Hawgood for like 2 years but we never really got motivated.

I dunno, artists we like.

Dayvan Cowboy
I WANT A NEW COMPILATION NOW IT'S NOT FAIR I WANT ONE :evil:
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Site Admin
There is something brewing...
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
YAYAYAYAY

Dayvan Cowboy
I've got a bunch of nice stuff laying about for the next compilation. I have a feeling we're building up a pretty decent trademark with OOT.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:I've got a bunch of nice stuff laying about for the next compilation. I have a feeling we're building up a pretty decent trademark with OOT.

Indeed. A lot of (non-twoism) people seem to get excited when they come out.

Dayvan Cowboy
lets open the forum...sorry i have not gotten a chance to talk to aesthetics before hand :oops: i just now received your messages..nonetheless

the n ext compilation will soon be on its way...

any ideas are welcome...speak now. conversations or discussions that have to do with taking the 4th installment to new directions will take place here...

all prior compilations have been a product of the board coming to an agreement and truly collaborating on a single idea..

so...before we put anything to a vote, speak and open your mind to new horizons. we will work hard to make sure pojects like OoT and the Twoism Tape Trading reach ultimate effiency so as many people can benefit as possible...

cant wait to see what we are capable of...

Happy Cycler
my vote still goes to another more or less open-ended comp that is basically just a showcase of what we all do. i think we said the last one was supposed to be wintery sounding, and that's fine by me, but more specific or contrived ideas don't hold me too much. the idea of doing a series of songs inspired by a single photo or group of photos would be cool too.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm a noob, and I'm willing to give a shot. If I do get a chance, I hope I don't ruin the rest of the album, since it will probably be orgasmic. :)

Sherbet Head
I'd like to give it a shot too. Wanted to do so since there were plans for the first one, but never got to record anything.

Site Admin
I never really posted in this topic because I don't want to be too much of an influence but I really like the idea to do it like the 1st edition. So, no theme, no direction at all. Only a time or song limit because there are a lot of artists on here who want to be on the compilation.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
I'd say perhaps make a song time limit, but allow more submissions of songs by each artist, therefore there's more selection when the final mix is made. Just a suggestion, seeing as the last mix was only like 50 something minutes as opposed to being closer to 80 for the other two.

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:I never really posted in this topic because I don't want to be too much of an influence but I really like the idea to do it like the 1st edition. So, no theme, no direction at all. Only a time or song limit because there are a lot of artists on here who want to be on the compilation.

I agree. Why can't we all just make the best music we can and then let the admins pick from the bunch? Why fix what ain't broke?

Happy Cycler
Small suggestion - what do you guys think if we made the song length limit shorter? An album of shorter songs as opposed to 3-and-a-half minute ones? We could keep them all between a minute and a half, and two minutes or something. Fit more songs that way, and drive people to consider more carefully what they put into that short span of time? Just an idea.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records