The next Compilation

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Shadowshocker wrote:just wondering, would anybody be down to make a different compilation (separate from this one) of all autechre inspired music?

Ooh!!! That would be great! I could do some ambient space-y drone type stuff because I'm not that good at programming drums and such.

New Seed
I agree with the original concept... i.e. send in your best track and let the album evolve in whatever way it goes...

When is the deadline for OOT4 submissions?
Agent Cooper

Dayvan Cowboy
Yet to be determined.

Telepath
Agent Cooper wrote:I agree with the original concept... i.e. send in your best track and let the album evolve in whatever way it goes...

I like the idea...but I feel like 80% is going to send BoCalikes...leaving no room to mix in other stuff.
If you shove in some, lets just say F.E., Autechre'ish tracks with a total different alienated feel, the mix will break up its vibe. I think Robin, the master of mixes he is, probably wont include those, but go with the average sound and flow (which in this case will be down-tempo BoC'ish low-fi-ness).
So...maybe slight direction is a solution?

It could be just me though....it could very well be most of us have "grown up" and developed there own style more thoroughly (I know some of us did).

And my apologies if I sound like a fucking douchebag. I'm very tired.

Happy Cycler
You dont' sound liek a douchebag Cupz.

Your consideration is a real one, and you respond with the understanding of one who makes the mix.

I support you and your post and your addition to the discussion.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Telepath
thanks cole!

and besides...I don't even know how to make a BoC'ish song anymore.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:thanks cole!

and besides...I don't even know how to make a BoC'ish song anymore.

Same here. Either way, with the folks at this forum and the talent you all have, it's going to be a great compilation regardless of these details.

Can't wait to hear what the admins go with, whether it be incredibly general and open ended or specified and common-themed. Shall be fun :D

Boqurant
guys i wanted to post this here because i think a lot of people actively making music on Twoism are reading this thread. is there any sort of 'hip hop' influence amongst Twoism members? i rap and freestyle (i also loop-dig and make very basic beats) amongst other things and if there's anyone here who is into making that sort of music (whether producing or rapping) let me know!

if rapping can be featured on the next compilation, let me know as well.

here is a more traditional track in line with BoC-influenced music for consideration for the next compilation

Telepath
Calvin wrote:guys i wanted to post this here because i think a lot of people actively making music on Twoism are reading this thread. is there any sort of 'hip hop' influence amongst Twoism members? i rap and freestyle (i also loop-dig and make very basic beats) amongst other things and if there's anyone here who is into making that sort of music (whether producing or rapping) let me know!

if rapping can be featured on the next compilation, let me know as well.

here is a more traditional track in line with BoC-influenced music for consideration for the next compilation

SICK RAPS! PM me!
I rap too!

Friendly Stranger
Is there going to be another compilation at some point? I'd love to contribute...

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:
Agent Cooper wrote:I agree with the original concept... i.e. send in your best track and let the album evolve in whatever way it goes...

I like the idea...but I feel like 80% is going to send BoCalikes...leaving no room to mix in other stuff.
If you shove in some, lets just say F.E., Autechre'ish tracks with a total different alienated feel, the mix will break up its vibe. I think Robin, the master of mixes he is, probably wont include those, but go with the average sound and flow (which in this case will be down-tempo BoC'ish low-fi-ness).
So...maybe slight direction is a solution?

It could be just me though....it could very well be most of us have "grown up" and developed there own style more thoroughly (I know some of us did).

And my apologies if I sound like a fucking douchebag. I'm very tired.

No I think you are right here, to be honest I would prefer to hear a one on twoism without that boc like music feeling. Some tracks are not in this mood, there are great great tracks in, but generally it's a boc like atmosphere.

Dayvan Cowboy
I dunno. Robin's other non-OoT mixes are a lot more varied so I think if he had a less typical BoC sound from a lot of contributors he would make it work just as well.

Mind you, I'm not even sure what constitutes a BoC sound anymore, and it may be that TH sounds a little like other artists that have been mining the John Carpenter / Tangerine Dream arp sound for a while.

Friendly Stranger
BoC influenced or not I'd love to contribute a couple...

Posts Quantity
I'm definitely down with submitting a track or two!

Sherbet Head
Interesting. I have just listened to the first 2 compilations for the first time since downloading years ago. There is some nice stuff on there that I didn't really catch first time around. Are the artists stll here or have some dropped away?

I'd be up for submitting something I think or I could just submit this hehehe

http://youtu.be/nnbvDdY_dBw
You could feel the bullshit

Happy Cycler
Geogandhi wrote:Interesting. I have just listened to the first 2 compilations for the first time since downloading years ago. There is some nice stuff on there that I didn't really catch first time around. Are the artists stll here or have some dropped away?

I'd be up for submitting something I think or I could just submit this hehehe

http://youtu.be/nnbvDdY_dBw

A lot of the artists (myself included) are still here.

Sherbet Head
ah, that's cool. I had forgotten all about this place for a long time.

Happy Cycler
Geogandhi wrote:ah, that's cool. I had forgotten all about this place for a long time.

Yeah those comps are great. I hope we start a new one soon.

Sherbet Head
yeah, absolutely. I'll download the later ones when I have chance.

Posts Quantity
What's the general timeline on these compilations and who's in charge? I'm still kind of new here but I like the idea.

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records