Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.2 [2008]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Did they say anything about Vol.1?
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
just got my 3 copies each of both albums! They look great, and I've already given them away (except my two)

Site Admin
Here is a review of a Dutch site for electronic music:
http://www.eclectro.nl/2008-03-10-grati ... ism-deel-2

Als ik de superlatieven even laat voor wat ze zijn, dan blijft de volgende kernboodschap over: download als de wiedeweerga One on Twoism deel 2. Dit door de Nederlandse Grim On Mbient gecompileerde en gemixte album vol producties van leden van het Boards Of Canada-forum Twoism bundelt bijna 80 minuten spannende ambient, idm en andere melancholische euforie.

De artiesten zijn stuk voor stuk onbekend, maar het geluid is 1 groot bad herkenning, verrassing en vernieuwing. Essentiele download dus, al was het maar omdat mijn grote idm-held Ochre op fenomenale wijze het album gemasterd heeft.

Rough translation:
Letting the superlatives aside, then the basic idea remains: download quick as a flash One on Twoism vol.2. This by the Dutch Grim on Mbient compiled and mixed album full of productions by members of the Boards of Canada forum bundles almost 80 minutes of exciting ambient, idm and other melancholic euphoria.

All artists are unknown but the sound is very recognizable, surprising and renewed. Thus, an essential download, if only for the fact that my big idm hero Ochre mastered this album in a phenomenal way.
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Kickass!

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:Here is a review of a Dutch site for electronic music:
http://www.eclectro.nl/2008-03-10-grati ... ism-deel-2

Rough translation:
...melancholic euphoria...

Love it.

...All artists are unknown...

Aww, way to rub it in!

;)

Happy Cycler
YES! After resolving issues with my bank here I now have ordered my copies. Can't wait!

Dayvan Cowboy
Don't know if anyone's seen but Ochre has kindly linked us on his blogsite:

http://ochremusic.com/
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Sherbet Head
Well been away and then busy only just listened, YES!! Lovely work! Daffodil has hairs on neck standing on end!

Love the feel to this, very different from the first one, can't beleive how f***ing talented everyone is!

Heres to the first Twoism festival!

Dayvan Cowboy
SallyBear wrote:Well been away and then busy only just listened, YES!! Lovely work! Daffodil has hairs on neck standing on end!

Love the feel to this, very different from the first one, can't beleive how f***ing talented everyone is!

After listening to both albums in the same day, I think that Volume 2 simply blows Volume 1 out of the water.

Dayvan Cowboy
lovin the 199free track, is this a Dave From 2001 alias?

Site Admin
199free is silo flame, see my first post...

saturdayindex wrote:After listening to both albums in the same day, I think that Volume 2 simply blows Volume 1 out of the water.

I don't think they are comparable tbh. Volume 1 always will be special because everything was spontaneous and there weren't any guidelines.
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
Aesthetics wrote:199free is silo flame, see my first post...

saturdayindex wrote:After listening to both albums in the same day, I think that Volume 2 simply blows Volume 1 out of the water.

I don't think they are comparable tbh. Volume 1 always will be special because everything was spontaneous and there weren't any guidelines.

Yes. I too think that each has it's merits. I am a bit partial to V2, but there are some great tracks on the V1 as well.

Dayvan Cowboy
BrandNewRetro wrote:Don't know if anyone's seen but Ochre has kindly linked us on his blogsite:

http://ochremusic.com/

Ah! Very kind to mention Myuzyk again Chris, what a great chap 8)

Just got the masters back from him for the next release, done a fantastic job.

Nova Scotia Robot
I dled it and its awesome stuff. Looks like I'll order a copy or two once I get another job.

Site Admin
I just ordered 10 CDs all together (5xOoT1 & 5xOoT2) and this only costs $53.- = €33.85 including all. Now this is what I call taking advantage of the very low rate of exchange. :)

I wonder how fast it'll get here this time.

1.56597 USD is the rate of exchange right now, how much higher will it get?
It's cheaper to order music from the states in a reasonable amount and import it to here instead of buying it in the shops over here...
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:I just ordered 10 CDs all together (5xOoT1 & 5xOoT2) and this only costs $53.- = €33.85 including all. Now this is what I call taking advantage of the very low rate of exchange. :)

I wonder how fast it'll get here this time.

1.56597 USD is the rate of exchange right now, how much higher will it get?
It's cheaper to order music from the states in a reasonable amount and import it to here instead of buying it in the shops over here...

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm abusing the exchange rate big time. Ebay + second hand cd's + shipment without jewelcase + low exchange rate = :lol:.

I now bought a piece of electronic equipment, which costs 400 euro in the Netherlands and I'll eventually have it in my possession for 300 (that's the price of the gear + insured shipment from USA + import fees).

Go go go 8).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
What also caught my attention: wasn't 1 British pound 1.50 euro at first? Recently it dropped to 1 pound = 1.27 euro. Can be profitable at more valuable purchases.

Before you pay be sure that your method of payment is up to date with current exchange rates (I think Paypal lags a bit for example).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
SallyBear wrote:Well been away and then busy only just listened, YES!! Lovely work! Daffodil has hairs on neck standing on end!

i hope this is a good thing !! haha thanks

Posts Quantity
Hey folks,

If you're interested, here are the total download totals since the launch:
mp3 - 450
flac - 102
art - 28

Cheers.

Site Admin
Let me complete the OoT2 stats:

mp3 - 450
flac - 102
art - 28
sold - 24
Last edited by Aesthetics on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a Frequency

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records