Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.2 [2008]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I just received my 3 copies of OoT2. Great!
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Some of my friends and family like the mix / want to support me (I sell them non profit btw), so I might be ordering more of them soon. If I do I'll order one extra and ship it to the PO box of the masters themselves (unless someone objects with a good reason, hehe).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:Giving it another listen! SecondaryCell's track is probably one of my all time favorites. Robotanalysis, Boreal Network, Lithium Enchantment, and the Sinkfield tracks are also amazing! Also, Polar Sky's tracks totally remind me of both the 80's in general, and the early 90's mod scene, which I totally love! Such pure melodies!

Seriously killer compilation!

the early 90's mod/demo scene (in particular, artists such as skaven, lizardking, some purple motion... too many to list!) has a huge influence on lithium enchantment's melody and chord construction. i can imagine many of you have similar tastes or inclinations? you seem to have that same feel within frequent c.

music made on computers (especially modern trackers like buzz, renoise) has roots in early demoscene tracking. it's only natural to respect those who've paved the way for modern musicians.

Dayvan Cowboy
I was totally into the demoscene about 7-8 years ago, I honestly almost only listened demoscene music. Went to demoparties, competed in multichannel compo's (with screamtracker 3). For me that was my path to electronic music, I probably wouldn't have gotten into ambient and IDM otherwise.

Site Admin
Guido wrote:A question for any of the people who led this project; is there a rough estimate of how many unique people downloaded OoT2?

Downloads:
mp3 = 253
flac = 57

Last.fm full album plays = 12 (till 2 March)

Ordered:
OoT1 = 14
OoT2 = 18

Keep in mind that OoT1 and 2 are up on Last.fm in good quality.. I don't know how many times they have been downloaded over there.
Last edited by Aesthetics on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:
Guido wrote:A question for any of the people who led this project; is there a rough estimate of how many unique people downloaded OoT2?

Downloads:
mp3 = 253
flac = 57

Last.fm full album plays = 12 (till 2 March)

Ordered:
OoT1 = 14
OoT2 = 18

Keep in mind that OoT1 and 2 are up on Last.fm in good quality.. I don't know how much they are downloaded over there.

Thanks for looking it up! Seems like it's a real success.

Btw Aesthetics and others, what do you think of mailing BoC a copy? I can send my spare one tomorrow if people think this is a good idea?

Site Admin
Go ahead Guido, I think non of the artists reject this??

Here is a nice quote from Myspace by Scott of Archaic Horizons.
To all those involved in OoT 2:
Thank you for creating such beautiful music. The quality of this second compilation exceeded all my expectations and is surely a lasting release. Not one song felt out of place. excellent compositional flow. a seamless master piece! Thank you!!
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
W00t, got both mine today. Will give OoT2 a good listen this weekend. :)

Happy Cycler
powershoes wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Giving it another listen! SecondaryCell's track is probably one of my all time favorites. Robotanalysis, Boreal Network, Lithium Enchantment, and the Sinkfield tracks are also amazing! Also, Polar Sky's tracks totally remind me of both the 80's in general, and the early 90's mod scene, which I totally love! Such pure melodies!

Seriously killer compilation!

the early 90's mod/demo scene (in particular, artists such as skaven, lizardking, some purple motion... too many to list!) has a huge influence on lithium enchantment's melody and chord construction. i can imagine many of you have similar tastes or inclinations? you seem to have that same feel within frequent c.

music made on computers (especially modern trackers like buzz, renoise) has roots in early demoscene tracking. it's only natural to respect those who've paved the way for modern musicians.

You totally hit the nail on the head. Future Crew forever!

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:Go ahead Guido, I think non of the artists reject this??

Here is a nice quote from Myspace by Scott of Archaic Horizons.
To all those involved in OoT 2:
Thank you for creating such beautiful music. The quality of this second compilation exceeded all my expectations and is surely a lasting release. Not one song felt out of place. excellent compositional flow. a seamless master piece! Thank you!!

Yeah. No objections!

Also, Scott is the man!

Sherbet Head
Guido wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Guido wrote:A question for any of the people who led this
Btw Aesthetics and others, what do you think of mailing BoC a copy? I can send my spare one tomorrow if people think this is a good idea?

Please do!
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
A sealed copy of OoT2 has been mailed to Boards Of Canada. It will arrive in their PO Box in 2-3 days.

Sherbet Head
Cheers and beers! Woo!
Viper.

Happy Cycler
yo polarsky, in 82 technological toys i'm sensing huge kraftwerk vibes.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Eagle Minded
I've listened to this a lot since it came out, it's great.

Off the top of my head, I really like the tracks: These Are My Children, Letting Go of Reality Completely, 82 Technological toys and the combination of Mini-Mall and Talega is awesome. I like every track on this though, there are probably some songs I really like that I'm forgetting.

Synthetrix wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:"Me, My Friends, its Summer Again" - Acres - AWESOME!!! What a thoroughly positive and uplifting vibe. Great track.

Indeed! and Daffodil was really nice. Great job everyone. It was fun.

V

Thanks guys.

Eagle Minded
Beacon wrote:I've listened to this a lot since it came out, it's great.

Off the top of my head, I really like the tracks: These Are My Children, Letting Go of Reality Completely, 82 Technological toys and the combination of Mini-Mall and Talega is awesome. I like every track on this though, there are probably some songs I really like that I'm forgetting.

Yes, I really liked the beat-matched mix from Mini-Mall, to my track. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from those that I have shared the compilation with. I have been posting it up in some electronic music blogs as well. I hope the BOC lads will have time to enjoy it with a nice cup of tea.

Dayvan Cowboy
Beacon wrote:I've listened to this a lot since it came out, it's great.

Synthetrix wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:"Me, My Friends, its Summer Again" - Acres - AWESOME!!! What a thoroughly positive and uplifting vibe. Great track.

Indeed! and Daffodil was really nice. Great job everyone. It was fun.

V

Thanks guys.

Glad you like my track! 8)
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Happy Cycler
damn, you guys this is awesome

i haven't felt this cool to be part of something in forever

all of you should be proud as hell

word
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
just got both cds in the mail
they look great :)

Nova Scotia Robot
what a great mix. I hope I can contribute to the next album. eager to hear what the bros have to say about OoT2.

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records