WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Five Step Path wrote:Am I famous yet?

of course! see "six degrees of separation"

<DL>
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
I'm not sure if you've already heard, but quite a few of the One on Twoism V.3 tracks have made it on the air in LA via Digital::Nimbus. Here's last week's show:

. Bitcrush :: Nimbus Effect [D::N] M/Cadoo
. Karsten Pflum :: Capstone Switch [Miwak Twelve] Hymen
. Tonikom :: The Source [Miwak Twelve] Hymen
. Ford Proco :: Universal Flux [Diagrama Percutor] At-at
. Spooky :: Little Bullet [Sally's Photographic Memory] Volume
. Meat Beat Manifesto :: United Nations (E.T.C.) [Subliminal Sandwich] PIAS
. Boreal Network :: The Copper Harbor Conglomerate [One On Twoism V3] Twoism
. Lawrence King :: Erroneous [One On Twoism V3] Twoism
. Icarus :: Volks! (Volked Up by NABO) [Sylt Remixes] Rump
. Meditronica :: The Third Planet [Meditronica] RareNoise
. Kibuka :: Sucking Up That Stuff [Dystopia] Kodama
. Kibuka :: System Control [Dystopia] Kodama
. Tonikom :: Temporarius Delerium [The Sniper's Veil] Hymen
. Tzolk'in :: Sotz [Haab'] Ant-Zen
. L'ombre :: Living In Memory [Simulations 1.0] Ant-Zen
. Portland :: Fidalgo [My Daily Routine] Component
. Divine Basis :: Waiting [Incarnate Perspective] Post Contemporary
. Delerium :: Resurrection [Somantic Spaces] Nettwerk
. Intermix :: Targeted [Intermix] Third Mind
. Intermix :: Blackhole Amizon [Future Primitives] ESP-Sun
. Shep Meyers Quartet :: Evidence [Cornerstone] Proxy

...and this week's show:

. Bitcrush :: Nimbus Effect [D::N] M/Cadoo
. Shamanic Technology :: Ode to the Machine [Doorways] Herb
. Deru :: Walk [Say Goodbye to Useless] Mush
. Tonik :: Radio edit (Radio edit) [Icelandic Electronics] Weirdcore
. Mika Goedrijk :: Sore Eyes [Miwak Twelve] Hymen
. Jack Marchment :: Maximillian [Who's Afraid of Iannis Xenakis?] Herb
. Jean-Paul Bondy :: L.A. Is Burning [The Path of Most Resistors] Compost
. Crunch: Cassette (Acid Mix) [Kima Video Project_Bit Hop] Colony
. Scorn :: Rove [Stealth] Ad Noiseam
. Meat Beat Manifesto :: 62 Dub [Autoimmune] Metropolis
. Mobthrow :: My Dub Kingdom [Mutant Dubstep V3] Spectraliquid
. Biomass :: Credit [Electrozali] Low Impedance
. Audiose My Angel :: Vestli [Kinetic Kinship] s/r
. Deru :: I Want [Say Goodbye to Useless] Mush
. Combustion :: Building the House of Vanity (feat. Caro Roth) [Miwak
Twelve] Hymen
. Skytree :: Lake Language [Demo] skytree-music.com
. Frequent C :: C Sick [One On Twoism V3] Twoism
. Boards of Canada :: Bassfree [Twoism] Warp
. Aphex Twin :: The Waxen Pith [I Care Because You Do] Warp
. Aphex Twin :: Cliffs [Selected Ambient Works V2] Warp

Happy Cycler
Hey! Awesome!

Happy Cycler
i had no idea about this, but wow!! i am flattered they'd pick my entry given all they had to choose from
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
Nice indeed...especially considering the DJ is the head editor of Igloo Magazine.

Site Admin
Skytree wrote:Nice indeed...especially considering the DJ is the head editor of Igloo Magazine.
He requested another review copy for one of their authors. I really hope Andy Garcia will come up with a nice review soon!

After telling Pietro that I can't sent another review copy and that the compilation is freely available I got this reply:
Not a problem, I completely understand. I've forwarded the download link to Randy in the meantime.

In future please continue to send to our address physical or digital music. I've put the release into rotation at our radio station (KUCI 88.9fm, Digital::Nimbus) with positive response, especially with Xurba's contribution. I personally love the compilation dynamics.

Thanks for the reply.
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
That's awesome! :D

Happy Cycler
2ism = juggernaut

pay attention homeys

Posts Quantity
Aesthetics wrote:
Skytree wrote:Nice indeed...especially considering the DJ is the head editor of Igloo Magazine.
He requested another review copy for one of their authors. I really hope Andy Garcia will come up with a nice review soon!

After telling Pietro that I can't sent another review copy and that the compilation is freely available I got this reply:
Not a problem, I completely understand. I've forwarded the download link to Randy in the meantime.

In future please continue to send to our address physical or digital music. I've put the release into rotation at our radio station (KUCI 88.9fm, Digital::Nimbus) with positive response, especially with Xurba's contribution. I personally love the compilation dynamics.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this is the second time Digital Nimbus have played OOT Vol 3, this was the first time:

http://digitalnimbus.com/playlists/dn_p ... ShowID=329

Also, Igloo Magazine have already reviewed two albums I release via the Kahvi Collective:

http://www.igloomag.com/document.php?ta ... &q=&limit=

Just a post to give extra information really. I shall now return to the shadows.....
Cheers,
Will

Xurbatronics
www.xurba.co.uk
www.xurbatronics.co.uk

Happy Cycler
I gotta get into the next compilation. >_>

Eagle Minded
That's funny that they listed Xurba's name, but my song name on the Digital Nimbus playlist.
Ooops. typo.

Xurbatronic wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this is the second time Digital Nimbus have played OOT Vol 3, this was the first time:

http://digitalnimbus.com/playlists/dn_p ... ShowID=329

Also, Igloo Magazine have already reviewed two albums I release via the Kahvi Collective:

http://www.igloomag.com/document.php?ta ... &q=&limit=

Just a post to give extra information really. I shall now return to the shadows.....

Dayvan Cowboy
Download statistics.

oot003mp3.rar - 1038 times
oot003flac.rar - 142 times

Pretty decent.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Eagle Minded
i passed it on to fair few people. i'm sure others have as well. 8)

Happy Cycler
a fair number of you guys need to be signed. i wish i had the money to start a record label. would love to have the capabilities of promoting you guys in japan.
"It's been a long time..."

Site Admin
The demo's I sent out are finally beginning to pay off! :D

http://igloomag.com/reviews::1908::V_A_ ... _3_Twoism_

V/A :: One On Twoism Volume 3 (Twoism)

"...Relatively simple laid back tracks, not exactly ambient but hardly beat driven, unified by an overall pleasantness and synthetic sounds that somehow feel more natural then nature itself..."

Andy Whitaker, Contributor [read all]

1908 image 1 (January 2010) Like most music fans I get almost embarrassingly excited about stumbling into a quality artist I've never experienced before. It's almost better than hearing a great album or seeing an amazing live show, because of the unlimited potential it represents. In fact the only thing I like more then discovering a new artist of merit, is finding 20 of them all at once. Luckily, One on Twoism Vol. 3 offers just such an opportunity. This comp is a group project from the Twoism net community, which seems to be equal parts a Boards of Canada fan site, net label and general underground music message board. The album is available as a free download or you can purchase a physical copy from their site. As you might expect from a community named after a BOC song, this album shares many of the qualities we have come to expect from the Scottish duo. Relatively simple laid back tracks, not exactly ambient but hardly beat driven, unified by an overall pleasantness and synthetic sounds that somehow feel more natural then nature itself. I like to imagine these producers leaving synths in the sun to achieve that special kind of warble in their pitch bends or letting moss grow on drum machines so they have a more organic quality.

The traditional way to discuss compilations is to praise the high points, of which OOTV3 contains many. Pasens's "Blue Ridge Sunrise" sports some exquisite melodic work, combining keyboard, acoustic guitar and a midi string section via rapid changes that flow together without feeling rushed. Misner Space brings the heat on "A Clock in the Kingdom," an intriguing mix of sampled jazz piano over a break beat that would sound at home on any Stones Throw record. But if I listed all the comps highlights I would end up just cutting and pasting the track list. Besides, the key with compilations is balance and in that respect standout tracks can end up detracting from the overall experience as much as bellow par offerings. The trick is to some how make every song feel like it is coming from the same place, without sounding overly similar to each other. It is not an easy thing to accomplish but the folks at Twoism have pulled it off wonderfully. With that in mind, the records true highpoint is not any individual track but rather the way they all compliment each other, creating a whole that is far more then the sum of its parts.

The only complaint I can make about OOTV3, is the wish they had explained the thesis of this album more clearly. The 2nd track is clearly a reinterpretation of a Geogaddi era BOC song but isn't listed as such. Other tracks contain elements that tickle my peripheral memory, though I couldn't say for sure if they were samples of Boards songs or just sounded similar. So I'm left wondering, is every song is a remix, or at lest "inspired" by Boards songs, or is it some of both mixed in with originals? This may sound like splitting hairs, but to me the conceptual purpose of any given record is as important as its sonic characteristics. OOTV3 is a great listen on its own but more importantly it offers a chance to discovered an abundance of independent artist who might otherwise stay below most listeners radar. Any label out there seeking to add to its roster would do well to pay attention to this compilation, because it represents some of the brightest new voices electronica has heard in quite awhile.

One On Twoism Volume 3 is out now on Twoism. [Purchase a CD or download for free!]

EDIT: Just read it, I quickly had to post it before the battery of the laptop ran out, but damn, this reviewer took some time to write a decent review! I'm not saying I'm comfy with everything he wrote but this is a great compliment to all those who are involved in this great project! :)

Cheers!
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
wow, awesome

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks for posting this, nice review.

Sherbet Head
Well deserved review!!

Like most music fans I get almost embarrassingly excited about stumbling into a quality artist I've never experienced before. It's almost better than hearing a great album or seeing an amazing live show, because of the unlimited potential it represents. In fact the only thing I like more then discovering a new artist of merit, is finding 20 of them all at once.

Fantastic quote!!

Posts Quantity
Well done, glad to see we got a review!
Cheers,
Will

Xurbatronics
www.xurba.co.uk
www.xurbatronics.co.uk

Happy Cycler
8) awesome.