Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.3 [2009]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
http://digitalnimbus.com/playlists/dn_p ... ShowID=357

Last Friday my OoT3 track 'Pine Tree Field' was played on Digital Nimus FM radiostation in California. Pretty psyched.

Site Admin
@Five Step Path: Great isn't it! :)

By sending another CD to Igloo Mag, for the reviewer himself, we deserved a free banner for about a month at Igloo Mag!

Should I put this one in the newsblock here as well, to grab some attention to this happening?
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
http://blog.iso50.com/2010/02/10/loscil ... hode-lake/

OoT featured on Scott Hansen's aka Tycho's blog, with the full pretty artwork as well. Go twoism go!
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Dayvan Cowboy
I see a huge surge in OOT3 downloads. In the past months the average number of downloads of oot003mp3.rar was below 30, and now, halfway into february, the number of downloads this month is already 170.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Friendly Stranger
my track from this compilation is being listened more then my track from another, Intelligent Toys 5 compilation by sutemos.net, which i thought is much more famous! cheers.

Posts Quantity
Wow, that's pretty good soulsonic. I think the sutemos compilations are absolutely brilliant, so for OoT3 to get even close to the downloads that sutemos get is quite an achievement!

Dayvan Cowboy
I agree. My track from OoT3 is far and away the most listened to song week by week on last.fm. This week my OoT track had like 80 something listeners while my next had only 30 unique listeners! Quite amazing! I guess the Igloo mag and Tycho blog post coming at the same time really got a lot of attention all at once with these downloads!

Good news and good job everyone. Now people's appetites should be primed for OoT4 :)

Friendly Stranger
Hi,

I've been listening to OoT3 for a while now. It's amazing music ! Kudos and props to all the contributors :)

I'm downloading while listening to it.
Defend your constitutional rights. No-one else will do it for you.

Eagle Minded
been pretty stressed out these days so... listening to 1, 2, 3 back to back

Site Admin
Another review:
http://mutantmaestro.blogspot.com/2010/ ... html#links

In 1999 or 2000, when I first began listening to independent music, I would always see a mention for a group called Boards of Canada on all the independent music sites. Their debut "Music Has the Right to Children" was consistently referred to as a electronic music classic. So obviously, I had to purchase. After giving the album multiple listens, I could not understand the hype. Now the album was not bad but did not think it should be considered a classic. Couple years later, they released Geogaddi. Once again, the album received great praise from critical circles. I purchased the album shortly after release and gave Boards of Canada another chance. Sadly, I was disappointed again. I was not a Boards of Canada fan. But while I was not spending my time listening to Boards and Canada, they were leaving an undeniable mark on aspiring electronic music artist.

In recent years, I have noticed a decent amount of experimental electronic work has been influenced by Boards of Canada. You can hear it in the cords used and the atmosphere created. But unlike Boards of Canada, groups like Moon Wiring Club, Bibio, and any of the various artist on the Ghost Box label, in my opinion, have created some wonderful music. They are an evolved version of Boards of Canada. And this lead me to why I created this post. The record label Twoism has released 3 volumes of Boards of Canada inspired music from various unknown electronic music artist. I have not heard volumes 1 and 2 but can attest for the quality of volume 3 which they are currently giving away for free here. As a huge fan of electronic music, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this release. Even though I am not a fan of Boards of Canada, I have always respected what they were doing within the electronic music field. The artists on this compilation one up their style and create music that is at once funky and experimental. I highly recommend you visit the website and take a listen to "One on Twoism Vol. 3" (hell even the title is influenced by BoC).
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha you know what I've just realised? The track I sent for this ended up garbled, I remember I think it was Aesthetics who asked how I managed to do the glitchy sounds at the end, the fact is thats just an actual glitch haha, but it fits in a way! Shame I can't find the full 5 minute long version any more anywhere :(
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Just noticed: anyone else think the intro (and underlying melody) of VAKOG Reframe by Xurba sounds like Echus?

Not a criticism btw, I love both tracks :D

Chords straight up lifted from that track, doggie.

(It came on shuffle and I came to post the same thing ;) )

Previous

Return to Twoism Records