Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.3 [2009]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Site Admin
polar sky wrote:House Jester? Nice... haha :wink:
Pretty close, right? ;)
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Don't feel like you're the only one, Polar Sky, I have my own criticisms already, I just haven't mentioned them because I wanted to take some more time to get used to this new release before I say anything about it, and did not want to cause criticism to overshadow the accomplishment itself. Everyone did do a great job and I think it's another strong OoT comp overall.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:
saob wrote:I'm very curious about how and where in the production these small glitches gets introduced. Is it in the mixing process? Any qualified guess Aesthetics?
Some of the artists should give me an exact time so I can hear the actual glitch (It seems like only the artists themselve hear it) Then I can trackback where in the process this glitch got in.
- Soundcloud - mixing process - mastering - swapping mastered tracks with original - exporting mixdown - encoding -

Well, in Gone But Not Forgotten from OoT2, it kind of plays throughout the track. It's this rhythmic low end kind of thumping sound. Not so much distortion I suppose. I was thinking it had something to do with the beat matching/ time stretching process or something.

Eagle Minded
Thanks for the comments on the microsite guys. Joebot and I had fun with it.

I really like the compilation as a whole. I think it's more chilled and mellow than the past volumes. I've got to let the individual songs sink in a bit before I can comment more.

Dayvan Cowboy
artwork- DOPE
microsite- KILLER
mix- SICK

OoT3- KICK @$$

well done everyone. i had a long drive in the car today and this made it so enjoyable.

Posts Quantity
Just listened to OoT3 once and was very impressed. Great job everyone! Looking forward to subsequent listens.

Site Admin
Nice to see you passing by robotanalysis! :) Any idea on the download stats of OoT2??

mechanismj wrote:Well, in Gone But Not Forgotten from OoT2, it kind of plays throughout the track. It's this rhythmic low end kind of thumping sound. Not so much distortion I suppose. I was thinking it had something to do with the beat matching/ time stretching process or something.

Although I always try to play the song at its original bpm, it sometimes happen that a song is played on another speed. If this is what causes it then it should be only at the start and end of some songs. Do you guys also hear this in other songs or only in your own?
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
Aesthetics wrote:Nice to see you passing by robotanalysis! :) Any idea on the download stats of OoT2??

mechanismj wrote:Well, in Gone But Not Forgotten from OoT2, it kind of plays throughout the track. It's this rhythmic low end kind of thumping sound. Not so much distortion I suppose. I was thinking it had something to do with the beat matching/ time stretching process or something.

Although I always try to play the song at its original bpm, it sometimes happen that a song is played on another speed. If this is what causes it then it should be only at the start and end of some songs. Do you guys also hear this in other songs or only in your own?

Yes, the rhythmical thumping mentioned concerning Gone But Not Forgotten is the same effect which is apparent in VAKOG Reframe. I totally appreciate Aesthetic's comment about it perhaps only being noticeable to the artists themselves, because I wouldn't have known that the effect in Gone But Not Forgotten was unintentional. If you have produced a track yourself from beginning to end and spent much time listening to the nuances, you are bound to be hyper-sensitive to any sonic changes! It does sound exactly like the side effects of time-stretch engines used by Virtual DJ software, by the way.

Anyhow, I'm very happy to be on the compilation, and have no regrets at all about submitting the track, or the final result!

On the subject of Igloo Magazine, I don't know if you knew that they have a review of two of my albums in their archives?

Here it is:

Xurba album reviews

Cheers for now,

Will

www.xurba.co.uk
www.xurbatronics.co.uk

Site Admin
Nice review Xurba!

Let's not get too much into the soundquality in this topic. Not that I don't want to discuss this but more to keep this concetrated to the release itself. :)
Please contact me via PM so I can have a look to where these hardly audible glitches are so we can try prevent this with the next release.
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:
polar sky wrote:House Jester? Nice... haha :wink:
Pretty close, right? ;)

Yeah. Haha. :)

Posts Quantity
@ Aesthetics
Would it be worth submitting the link/send a CD to sutemos.net? Maybe they wouldn't review it, I don't know, but I respect what they do. I don't mind doing it on a personal basis.

Dayvan Cowboy
I really like how my longer tune is mixed with SoulSonic's and Picknick At Cathode Lake's tune. The last three (repeating) notes of Music For Free are very similar to the notes in my song 54 seconds inward. Very clever, actually I didn't notice this until today. And the wind sound at the end of my tune actually adds to its quality I think. Very well done :).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone notice the particular melody of the jingle at the beginning?
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
Yeah, but I don't recognize it, if that's what you mean.

Hey, Saturday, I would just like to reiterate that your music is awesome. Back to Human makes this album for me. I want to hear more Saturday Index. Don't go all Boards of Canada on me now! :P
Viper.

Posts Quantity
Haha, is it not the first 5-6 notes of Roygbiv, only about 3 octaves higher and on some bell sounding synth? :D

Posts Quantity
CoBoC wrote:Yeah, but I don't recognize it, if that's what you mean.

Hey, Saturday, I would just like to reiterate that your music is awesome. Back to Human makes this album for me. I want to hear more Saturday Index. Don't go all Boards of Canada on me now! :P

yes, we all need that new album now! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
lawrenke wrote:Haha, is it not the first 5-6 notes of Roygbiv, only about 3 octaves higher and on some bell sounding synth? :D

EXACTLY. Glad someone noticed :)

Josh and CoBoC--the album is already done, I'm just trying to figure out how to release it. But it's all finished. It's sitting on my desk actually.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Posts Quantity
release as digital and physical. or archaic horizon perhaps?
hopefully we get to hear this by june 7th (my birthday)
that would be a nice gift.

no but seriously, take your time. :wink:
its good to know that its coming soon.

Sherbet Head
saturdayindex wrote:Josh and CoBoC--the album is already done, I'm just trying to figure out how to release it. But it's all finished. It's sitting on my desk actually.

UHMMM...

PM it to me?! Lol :lol:
Viper.

Sherbet Head
Dude...put it out.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records