Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.3 [2009]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:shall I?
I shouldn't do it. The whole idea was to distantiate from BoC in the first place. Also BoC is very picky in their musical output, by which I think they have difficulties to listen to not-so-perfect-music which doesn't sound like the way they would've created it. So, yeah, I dunno...
My thought as well.
I proposed it because I've heard about this idea before. I just want to point out that it can be done if the majority want it.

I actually mailed OOT2 to them last year. Of course no reply, so I wouldn't bother.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think if BOC wanted to listen to it, they'd order a copy. And I sort of doubt they would.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Happy Cycler
saturdayindex wrote:I think if BOC wanted to listen to it, they'd order a copy. And I sort of doubt they would.

.........i agree......... and it might be heresy............. but i don't care about BoC...... they make sweet music........ but i could give a shit what they think about OoT........... what i think about it is way more important........
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:I don't think it's about "defeating the teacher". At least, it shouldn't be. For me at least, BOC is just a valued inspiration. A couple of cool guys. A chief inspiration, even. But not an idol that I am trying to surpass or anything like that. I don't think music should be treated like a game, where you have to try to be better than people. It's not a competition.

Understandable reply but don't foget it is media... The headline should be appealing to trigger people to read the article. The author didn't really meant it in this way as he described in the article. He ends the review with the comment that it seems as if the BoCish sound is becoming a new (sub)genre.
Whether this is questionable or not, I personally agree with it. I think some of us have difficulties to step outside of the IDM genre and take an objective view of the genre itself. I remember a reply somewhere on this board where one described that heavy metal sounds all the same for an outsider, while there are many different movements for an insider.

its media yes, but the premise is pretty weak. kind of lazy. but it is rad that this thing got written up.

as a review its a complete fail though. i have no idea what the album flow or any tracks sounds like from this information. it is just weak music writing. the association (which is obvious) has blinded the author from the actual subject.. your music. my apologies if one of you cats wrote that though.

Site Admin
Dave, if you read between the lines you'll read that the artists their music is good enough to be their own new genre.

I agree on the lack of information of the music itself.. but what is the premise of this review? to describe the music, or to get potential listeners interested? if so, which method would trigger the most?
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Dave, if you read between the lines you'll read that the artists their music is good enough to be their own new genre.

That was my point. Essays like these are handicaps. It is a review of Twoism members.

I agree on the lack of information of the music itself.. but what is the premise of this review? to describe the music, or to get potential listeners interested? if so, which method would trigger the most?

The method I would employ, to attract interest, since you ask, is the music and original artwork. I would not have employed Twoism.org as its locus, struck all BoC name-handles, and released this without a parachute. Otherwise, one is guilty of employing the Boards of Canada accelerator without authorization.

If you were to choose a method to trigger popularity in your art, and believed a focused critical review of the content as premise, would not garner a satisfactory measure of popular attention, I ask, where is the faith in this thing?

I dig the music, but if anyone here is exasperated with the comparisons etc... disengage, as it were. As a testament to BoC and the spirit of Twoism, its and A+, and everyone should feel proud about that.

New Seed
dave_from_2001 wrote:as a review its a complete fail though. i have no idea what the album flow or any tracks sounds like from this information. it is just weak music writing. the association (which is obvious) has blinded the author from the actual subject.. your music. my apologies if one of you cats wrote that though.

I'm that cat, I think, so apologies are accepted. As for the review: the site that presents the review (Eclectro) tries to refrain from 'serious' reviews. What is basically does, is to notify its readers of wonderful new electronic music. Being mentioned on Eclectro means that the writer who did so likes something, and thinks that the visitors will like it too. Therefore, don't attach too much value to the specific content of the article I wrote.

As for your criticism: you are more than right. It's a poor review. I did hundreds of serious reviews, background stories and interviews until 2008, but lost interest in that. It's the music that counts, and the best way to proof that, is to present readers the music (and not any of my attempts of describing such).

Happy Cycler
At the end of the day, I'm just grateful for the review - that's what most music sites do these days anyway. There's very little analysis of the music going on anyway, and I kind of dig that, because while musical analysis can make it more interesting, it can also just be douchey and art-majory and all up its own ass, and ruin the listener's perception of the music. I've read plenty of reviews where the voice of the reviewer was so strong that it was all I could think about while trying to enjoy the music, you know, that thing BoC and hundreds of other bands have talked about, where it's just the listener and the music one-on-one, and the listener begins to "personalize" the experience, and that becomes impossible thanks to the public analysis.

I hate to sound like an emotional teenage girl on her period but ever since going public with my music, the public aspect of it - trying to navigate my own image and determine myself artistically amidst a veritable sloshy sea of internet analysis, with the spectre of BoC looming over me the whole time - is making it less and less fun, which was what it was all about in the beginning.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
ingejanse wrote:
dave_from_2001 wrote:as a review its a complete fail though. i have no idea what the album flow or any tracks sounds like from this information. it is just weak music writing. the association (which is obvious) has blinded the author from the actual subject.. your music. my apologies if one of you cats wrote that though.

I'm that cat, I think, so apologies are accepted. As for the review: the site that presents the review (Eclectro) tries to refrain from 'serious' reviews. What is basically does, is to notify its readers of wonderful new electronic music. Being mentioned on Eclectro means that the writer who did so likes something, and thinks that the visitors will like it too. Therefore, don't attach too much value to the specific content of the article I wrote.

As for your criticism: you are more than right. It's a poor review. I did hundreds of serious reviews, background stories and interviews until 2008, but lost interest in that. It's the music that counts, and the best way to proof that, is to present readers the music (and not any of my attempts of describing such).

Will you have dinner with me? I mean, if you are really a woman? Nothing serious, but maybe something more serious after some time? Do you like red or white carnations? :oops:

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:Welcome on Twoism Inge! :)

To complete the OoT3 statistics.
digital copies: 698
physical copies: 58

8 of those physical ones are mine (sending them to people)!

I wonder if the old BoC address still works, if it does, someone should send them a copy.

Also, welcome to Twoism Inge.

picked up 3 of the OOT cds a few weeks back

finally got around to it after completely realizing when i first got OOT a while back that i completely didnt realize there were more headed out and that twoism was looking for more artists
We're gunna need a bigger boat.
-

-

Opilis

New Seed
dave_from_2001 wrote:Will you have dinner with me? I mean, if you are really a woman? Nothing serious, but maybe something more serious after some time? Do you like red or white carnations? :oops:

I like white carnations, thank you, but I'm afraid you won't be giving them to me. You can nevertheless send them anyway, knowing that it makes my girlfriend very happy.

Friendly Stranger
it is the one and only review of this compilation in the world, and you are making such a big deal out of it.

Dayvan Cowboy
soulsonic wrote:it is the one and only review of this compilation in the world, and you are making such a big deal out of it.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Posts Quantity
Wow Inge, you must love reading this forum. Not only do you have your writing criticised, you get confused with a girl and propositioned by your critic. I've been posting here for over a year and none of this has happened to me! Well done! :)

New Seed
observation wrote:Wow Inge, you must love reading this forum. Not only do you have your writing criticised, you get confused with a girl and propositioned by your critic. I've been posting here for over a year and none of this has happened to me! Well done! :)

I consider myself the luckiest person on earth. Especially the sudden change in temperament of my most fierce critic warmed my heart beyond recognition.

ingejanse wrote:I consider myself the luckiest person on earth.

/cheers

I hope your stay on twoism.org isn't spoiled by all of the things that have been said. PS. I should have done some research on your name first. Hah. In Belgium I haven't heard of the name Inge being used for a male. But, on the other hand, we do have Kim as a universal name, which I'd rather attribute to a female.

We should change this forum to genderism.org ! :)

No seriously, enjoy your stay, read the rules, become a fan of the bocpages, follow us on twitter, spread the boc, be polite, kekekeke :shock: 8) :lol:

Sherbet Head
ImageImage

Eagle Minded
dave_from_2001 wrote:ImageImage

The Fonz supports OOT!
We're gunna need a bigger boat.
-

-

Opilis

Boqurant
Am I famous yet?

Just noticed: anyone else think the intro (and underlying melody) of VAKOG Reframe by Xurba sounds like Echus?

Not a criticism btw, I love both tracks :D

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records