Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.3 [2009]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
well done everyone! the whole piece runs smoothly, topped off with some brilliant artwork :)

Sherbet Head
Mary-Anne Hobbs played OoT?
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Sherbet Head
Microsite: Looks fantastic!
Music: Downloading

Dayvan Cowboy
Absolutely brilliant, all of it! Gongrats guys and great mixing work :D
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Happy Cycler
Awesome music! Awesome mix! Awesome website, too! Easily the most solid of the 3! Great job everyone!

About those audio glitches. I had the same issue with my track Gone But Not Forgotten last year. It will be in the mp3, and if anything like last year, on the CD but if you request a copy of your track from Chris Leary, it will sound fine... at least it does in FLAC.

Like Ae said though, it's something that only the artists themselves will notice. I never even mentioned it last year because I didn't want to draw attention to it. Heh.

Eagle Minded
* leaning worn out on shovel *... so digging this all...
expect nothing and live frugally on surprise.

Sherbet Head
it's been a while (i didn't really pay much attention to the oot-releases, not that i didn't care, but i was simply waiting for it to come out :) ) but i must say that the music has really evolved. nice.

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:
IanRedpoint wrote:Someone should send a link to Mary-Anne Hobbs. I reckon she'd give some of this a spin on her show. Heck, she played us once so it *must* be possible.

Shall I send a CD directly from Kunaki to her? I have already sent one to Igloomag.
Any other suggestions are welcome!

I'm glad this edition get a lot of positive remarks :) (except for the glitches, which I guess are only noticeable by the artists themselves)

email Ron at www.textura.org (I think the address is editor [at] textura.org). He'll at least put a link to it up, maybe a review.

Happy Cycler
thanks for fading in another song 24 seconds before ending mine. sounds retarded. everything else sounded fantastic though.

Site Admin
Phasen wrote:email Ron at www.textura.org (I think the address is editor [at] textura.org). He'll at least put a link to it up, maybe a review.
I just sent him a message about it.

polar sky wrote:thanks for fading in another song 24 seconds before ending mine. sounds retarded. everything else sounded fantastic though.
I guess it only sounds retarded to you because you can hear when the other song get faded in.
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
polar sky wrote:thanks for fading in another song 24 seconds before ending mine. sounds retarded. everything else sounded fantastic though.

I take it you're being ironic when you say this? :)

Dayvan Cowboy
observation wrote:

where's the irony in this? it seems that polar sky is genuinely upset...

Posts Quantity
bleak. wrote:
observation wrote:

where's the irony in this? it seems that polar sky is genuinely upset...

I dunno, I guess I'm surprised that someone would submit a track to a mix compilation and then complain about hearing another song fading in at the end of their track. It's a common factor in 99.9% of the mix compilations I have heard. :) And I guess you can't always control what tracks are mixed with yours.

I've listened to the mix between polarsky and RLVL's tracks again and I like it actually. I don't think this is the type of mix which is all about rhythmic compatibility, it's about texture. And I think those two pieces do make that slightly off-kilter texture which is quite familiar from BOC records.

Oh and generally speaking, well done folks, it's a really good range of music and I've been enjoying listening to it today. :)

Site Admin
observation wrote:
If you were a bit longer on this board you should've known that Polar is our little house jester which need to relief his discomfort every once in a while.
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
Aesthetics wrote:
observation wrote:
If you were a bit longer on this board you should've known that Polar is our little house jester which need to relief his discomfort every once in a while.

Woops! I'm sorry. :oops: My irony sensors have broken down. I think it's because my bullshit detector has to work overtime every time I listen to the news. :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone got the CD already?
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Posts Quantity
Nice one, I agree we the rest of you. This is the first OOT to be released since I got around here.

:!:

I'm very curious about how and where in the production these small glitches gets introduced. Is it in the mixing process? Any qualified guess Aesthetics?

:?:

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:
Phasen wrote:email Ron at www.textura.org (I think the address is editor [at] textura.org). He'll at least put a link to it up, maybe a review.
I just sent him a message about it.

I guess it only sounds retarded to you because you can hear when the other song get faded in.

The other song has a different riff and melody altogether and when played with mine at the end it made it sound jumbled and out of place. It's cool man, cause now that I listen to it i agree with "Observation". But I understand how hard it is to mix a bunch of different music. Peace! :wink:

Sorry about bitching, this is a good thing we all do and I am being a buzzkill! YOU ALL DID AN AMAZING JOB!
Last edited by polar sky on Mon May 25, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:
observation wrote:

House Jester? Nice... haha :wink:

Site Admin
saob wrote:I'm very curious about how and where in the production these small glitches gets introduced. Is it in the mixing process? Any qualified guess Aesthetics?
Some of the artists should give me an exact time so I can hear the actual glitch (It seems like only the artists themselve hear it) Then I can trackback where in the process this glitch got in.
- Soundcloud - mixing process - mastering - swapping mastered tracks with original - exporting mixdown - encoding -
Life is a Frequency

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records