Switch to full style
Anything related to the One on Twoism compilation series.
Post a reply

Sat May 23, 2009 10:32 pm

I like it, I like it a whoole lot.

This series has evolved far beyond this little bit of history:
http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=685&start=0

and I'm proud to be a part of that.


Somehow some distortion has found its way into my track but oddly enough i think i like it more. Like some weird old tape effect. :O

Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Sweet! Some really talented people here :)

Techboy, I'm noticing a little weirdness in my track too... a faint "skipping" kinda thing in the quieter bits.. but I'm sure no-one else would notice it seeing as no-one else has ever heard it before

Sat May 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, I notice that skipping also, it was also present in my OOT2 track. I think it slips in with Ochre's mastering somehow.. But I'm not really bothered by it, the mastering in general is quite good I think, it made my longer track on OOT3 double as good.

What is your artist name snowpepsi?

Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Guido wrote:Yes, I notice that skipping also, it was also present in my OOT2 track. I think it slips in with Ochre's mastering somehow.. But I'm not really bothered by it, the mastering in general is quite good I think, it made my longer track on OOT3 double as good.

What is your artist name snowpepsi?


His names Picnic at Cathode Lake.

Sun May 24, 2009 12:13 am

what a lovely little microsite - downloading music now :)

Sun May 24, 2009 1:55 am

bleak. wrote:what a lovely little microsite - downloading music now :)

Yes! Well done everyone.
Downloading now. :idea:

Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 am

By far the best OOT yet.

Sun May 24, 2009 5:41 am

FUCK YES. I LOVE THIS.
And I'm only on the first song. (back to human)

I sincerely hope the Sandisons are hearing this stuff.

Sun May 24, 2009 9:53 am

snowpepsi wrote:Sweet! Some really talented people here :)

Techboy, I'm noticing a little weirdness in my track too... a faint "skipping" kinda thing in the quieter bits.. but I'm sure no-one else would notice it seeing as no-one else has ever heard it before



I second this too; I noticed a similar skipping artifact in my track. It is most noticeable at the transition from Winter to VAKOG Reframe. Very strange, it certainly isn't in the original track I sent.

I enjoyed listening to the compilation despite this glitch though!


Cheers,

Will

Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 am

Agreed, it's a really nicely designed site. Well done to everybody who was involved in the design and production of the release and the site.

A few people mentioned skipping or glitches - is that just in the downloaded file or is it also on the CD (if anybody has a CD yet)?

I've mentioned the release on my virb page and the Ableton forum, and will probably wallpaper a few other places with mentions!

Sun May 24, 2009 11:05 am

Very nice!!! Listening now.

I love the artwork. Very inspirational.

Sun May 24, 2009 11:56 am

saturdayindex wrote:By far the best OOT yet.


Seconded, I've just downloaded and listened to it this morning, and it's simply awesome, knocks the other two volumes into a cocked hat (and that's saying something!)

Great work guys for everybody involved... It was well worth the wait!

Sun May 24, 2009 12:05 pm

The microsite is awesome!
The download takes me another 1.5h, so I just continue staring at the microsite :)

Sun May 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Hanners wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:By far the best OOT yet.


Seconded, I've just downloaded and listened to it this morning, and it's simply awesome, knocks the other two volumes into a cocked hat (and that's saying something!)

Great work guys for everybody involved... It was well worth the wait!


Must agree--this album is much more professional than the previous ones (with due respect to them of course).

I listened to the first half last night, but had to leave for a party. As fate holds its balance, Xurba's track was up next when I got up this morning. What a great song to wake up to--beautiful, just beautiful!

Aesthetics did a GREAT job creating this mix--the transitions approach their own beauty in many cases (I noticed this especially with the transition between Underwater's and Xurba's track). Great job Robin. And although I haven't heard the originals of the rest of the tracks, the Other made mine sound much better. Excellent team.

Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 pm

saturdayindex wrote:
Hanners wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:By far the best OOT yet.


Seconded, I've just downloaded and listened to it this morning, and it's simply awesome, knocks the other two volumes into a cocked hat (and that's saying something!)

Great work guys for everybody involved... It was well worth the wait!


Must agree--this album is much more professional than the previous ones (with due respect to them of course).

I listened to the first half last night, but had to leave for a party. As fate holds its balance, Xurba's track was up next when I got up this morning. What a great song to wake up to--beautiful, just beautiful!

Aesthetics did a GREAT job creating this mix--the transitions approach their own beauty in many cases (I noticed this especially with the transition between Underwater's and Xurba's track). Great job Robin. And although I haven't heard the originals of the rest of the tracks, the Other made mine sound much better. Excellent team.


Xurba's track is very nice, the chord changes reminded me a bit of your Sunlight Puzzle. BTW, Back To Human is great. Who is the guy vocal sample?
All in all it's nice to see the maturity of the series as it evolves. I have listened through it a couple times now.

Sun May 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Just reiterating what others have said... this is tremendous. Hats off to everyone involved. It feels a lot more coherent than the first two. A definite progression.

Someone should send a link to Mary-Anne Hobbs. I reckon she'd give some of this a spin on her show. Heck, she played us once so it *must* be possible.

Cheers
Ian

Sun May 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Great idea!

Sun May 24, 2009 7:37 pm

IanRedpoint wrote:Someone should send a link to Mary-Anne Hobbs. I reckon she'd give some of this a spin on her show. Heck, she played us once so it *must* be possible.

Shall I send a CD directly from Kunaki to her? I have already sent one to Igloomag.
Any other suggestions are welcome!


I'm glad this edition get a lot of positive remarks :) (except for the glitches, which I guess are only noticeable by the artists themselves)

Sun May 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Aesthetics wrote:
IanRedpoint wrote:Someone should send a link to Mary-Anne Hobbs. I reckon she'd give some of this a spin on her show. Heck, she played us once so it *must* be possible.

Shall I send a CD directly from Kunaki to her?


Yeah, let's do it :). Pay it from my Twoism donation, haha.

Sun May 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Guido wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
IanRedpoint wrote:Someone should send a link to Mary-Anne Hobbs. I reckon she'd give some of this a spin on her show. Heck, she played us once so it *must* be possible.

Shall I send a CD directly from Kunaki to her?


Yeah, let's do it :). Pay it from my Twoism donation, haha.

Hehe, yours have been used 18 times already ;)

The "promo" will be paid by the profit we make on the sales of OoT :)
4 copies are waiting to be send so all suggestions are welcome. I already discussed this with The Other and we couldn't really come up with relative small IDM/electronic blogs, webzines etc which are worth to send a copy to. Nor did we know how this idea would be received by the artists... altough this idea can't do any harm, right?
Post a reply