Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.4 [2010]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Earthbound wrote:By the way:

LOVE THE ARTWORK!!

Indeed, it was the best choice imo.

I'm looking forward to read the reviews by the way, hope they will be on the net soon.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Telepath
I had to break my dry-spell, log in and say...

Wow, I'm on an album with RYKARD?

Great work everyone, we pulled off a heck of an collab this year.

In adddition...Ace, could you change my url info to www.flamingopudding.com :oops:

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:I had to break my dry-spell, log in and say...

Wow, I'm on an album with RYKARD?

Great work everyone, we pulled off a heck of an collab this year.

In adddition...Ace, could you change my url info to www.flamingopudding.com :oops:

I also really dig the RYKARD track.

I must say, this must be the first OOT4 yet to quote Margaret Thatcher (track 7, The Big Mill)

Friendly Stranger
I listened to the whole album once now, and it was an amazing trip. I didn't expect it is going to be that great. I'm honored to be a part of this. Merry Christmas everyone!

btw, my favorite track Illuminant - Earthrise

Sherbet Head
soulsonic wrote:I listened to the whole album once now, and it was an amazing trip. I didn't expect it is going to be that great. I'm honored to be a part of this. Merry Christmas everyone!

btw, my favorite track Illuminant - Earthrise

That's one of my fav's as well!

Site Admin

I knew you would come back soon, that's why I didn't say goodbye ;)

It does surprize me that all artists are satisfied, or choose not to say they aren't. I had to cut off a reasonable amount of tracks to make a good transition. Therefore some tracks are only audible for a short amount of time. Some tracks aren't even audible in their original form, they merely function as a bridge to another song and are covered by other songs completely.

It's safe to say that Myspace really made a huge mistake by going 2.0. More than 1/3 of all artists wanted their myspace page swapped by their soundcloud page or website.
The other week I wanted to update and personalize the Twoism Records myspace page and I gave up after an hour of trying to make it look a bit like it was... it's not possible.

I'm so glad that this compilation is very well received. It's always hard to judge how it sounds. This time it was even harder as I had to completely rebuild te mix in Audition because of the warbling sound that was caused by my mixing software. Which got much worse than the previous edition.
Rebuilding the mix took me a lot of time and it came to a point where it really started to piss me off. I wanted to "get rid" of it and that's what spoiled the fun of OoT4 for me.

Bugs overshadow this edition as the master disc for the CD release still might not be ok. We have to wait and see till turquoise70 receive the test release. Let's hope that the clicks aren't audible on the final product.
And last but not least, I currently can't upload to last.fm because they deal with an upload error and they are closed for feedback till the new year.

So, all the feedback in this topic makes up for all the trouble. It was worth the hassle! :D

Again, a big thank you to all the artists and of course the fans!
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
your persistence resulted in a flawless mix, aesthetics. it's like each song was meant for each other.

Happy Cycler
portiss wrote:
Earthbound wrote:By the way:

LOVE THE ARTWORK!!

Indeed, it was the best choice imo.

I disagree! I still think Oliver's was the best. I made myself a promise that I wouldn't speak poorly about the artwork, but I must mention it since it's been brought up.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Eagle Minded
There are some really great tracks in this mix. Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to listen to those whole thing as a mix yet. For some reason iTunes will not put the tracks in the right order (it orders the tracks in alphabetic-artist order). I did not have this problem with the past editions, they show up in the proper order right now. Does anyone have any ideas? The track numbers seem to be there in the ID3 tags.

EDIT: I fixed the problem by changing the "Album Artist" tag for all the songs to "Various Artists" instead of the individual artist.

Posts Quantity
Great job everyone!
Voyager is one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard.

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:

I knew you would come back soon, that's why I didn't say goodbye ;)

It does surprize me that all artists are satisfied, or choose not to say they aren't. I had to cut off a reasonable amount of tracks to make a good transition. Therefore some tracks are only audible for a short amount of time. Some tracks aren't even audible in their original form, they merely function as a bridge to another song and are covered by other songs completely.

It's safe to say that Myspace really made a huge mistake by going 2.0. More than 1/3 of all artists wanted their myspace page swapped by their soundcloud page or website.
The other week I wanted to update and personalize the Twoism Records myspace page and I gave up after an hour of trying to make it look a bit like it was... it's not possible.

I'm so glad that this compilation is very well received. It's always hard to judge how it sounds. This time it was even harder as I had to completely rebuild te mix in Audition because of the warbling sound that was caused by my mixing software. Which got much worse than the previous edition.
Rebuilding the mix took me a lot of time and it came to a point where it really started to piss me off. I wanted to "get rid" of it and that's what spoiled the fun of OoT4 for me.

Bugs overshadow this edition as the master disc for the CD release still might not be ok. We have to wait and see till turquoise70 receive the test release. Let's hope that the clicks aren't audible on the final product.
And last but not least, I currently can't upload to last.fm because they deal with an upload error and they are closed for feedback till the new year.

So, all the feedback in this topic makes up for all the trouble. It was worth the hassle! :D

Again, a big thank you to all the artists and of course the fans!

Thanks for your honesty Aes!
Yes, of course, I was a bit disappointed that my track for the most part merely functions as a bridge to the next song.
But that doesn't change the fact that I love the entire mix. The tracks transits beautiful. So your hard work paid off. And that's why in the end I don't mind at all about my track being a bridge to the next. And besides, that was the point of my track in the first place, so no hard feelings.

Great job well done everybody!

Dayvan Cowboy
Totally understand why it felt like a grind at the end (problem software can suck the enjoyment out of anything), but you've done an amazing job. Quality of all the tracks is pretty stunning, and I'm still stoked that I'm on there at all.

Big Christmas congratulations to everyone involved. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Ignaz wrote:Great job everyone!
Voyager is one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard.

Glad to hear!
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Friendly Stranger
<3 all, thanks guys

mix is perfect Robin!

amazing pleasure listen your works guys,

Voyager, this composition is very harmonious

and change my url please to myspace.com/islandnear

Friendly Stranger
Just jumped in to say that this is excellent - well done to everyone involved. Also, I couldn't agree more with the various comments in this thread regarding how well everything fits together on this album.

New Seed
Hey finally got it downloaded....wow love it! I'm so proud to be a part of it.....and yeah my track was one of those cut short but now, after listening to the album start to finish, I can see why it was cut along with others. It just flows so brillliantly....well done everyone!

Nova Scotia Robot
Yeah my track was cut short too. But I can see why so it doesn't bother me at all. It just flows so well the way it is. Props again Ae for a job very well done. 8)

I feel so privileged and honored to have been a part of this.

Thank you,
Tyler

Friendly Stranger
"quibb" by Yalone is probably my favorite track off of the album. so bouncy and fun.. :)

and no sweat about the track cutting. it all flowed together beautifully.
bicyclekiller.blogspot.com
bicyclekiller.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
Finally , i've downloaded the compilation and will listen to it tonight from front to end.
I'm very curious to hear it all. I was thinking about entering a track too but I totally spaced on the date..

Sherbet Head
Naal wrote:Finally , i've downloaded the compilation and will listen to it tonight from front to end.
I'm very curious to hear it all. I was thinking about entering a track too but I totally spaced on the date..

Too bad dude!
Your stuff is superb. Would fit beautifully on a OoT compilation.
Next time :-).
Did you create any new tracks lately?

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records