3rd annual Twoism meet - Sat 11th July 2015 - 2. Inverie, UK

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

We can divide wood up between us before hand, like we do down in Dorset. The more people we have, the lighter the load!

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I read somewhere, the campsite has a huge pile of firewood for people to help them selves to or maybe to sell. In this review I think http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=14115

Might save lugging stuff on the ferry or whatever. More room for sausages and beer haha..

Dayvan Cowboy
I wouldn't bet on it being too dry though :P

Eagle Minded
Wish I lived closer, this sounds fun! Rare to find die-hard BOC fans in my part of the world.

I know of three Americans coming this year alone. Don't forget the Dorset meet the weekend before too! Should be some roadtrip North...

If you make it over, you'll be made very welcome and we'll do our best to help people logistically where we're able :-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Thx man! Don't think I can make it this year though, just finished planning a summer trip here in the US.

Telepath
So I got a week to fill between dorset and this, who's up for crazy adventures? Anyone want a roadtrip to find the hexagon sun? I wouldnt mind spending my week in a hotel taking mdma, but I'd rather find the hexagon sun.

Posts Quantity
I'll be there in spirit. I think I'll be in Europe at the time, but not in the UK. Really wish I could go, but I have arrangements.
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Dayvan Cowboy
Just want you guys to know, that I will try my best to attend. I feel this be fun !

It'll be a blast! Hope you can make it Arvy :-)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Cupz wrote:So I got a week to fill between dorset and this, who's up for crazy adventures? Anyone want a roadtrip to find the hexagon sun? I wouldnt mind spending my week in a hotel taking mdma, but I'd rather find the hexagon sun.

I'm down for some adventures for sure!! It looks to me as if these two BoC meetups are going to be how I'm kicking off my 2-3 month adventure of backpacking in Scotland--can't think of a better way to begin than some good times with some likeminded folks, as opposed to being immediately thrown into the depths of solitude in the highlands (which I'll be getting around to soon afterwards)!

But yea, going into this I have absolutely zero obligations of any sort (not to mention a general [complete] lack of experience traveling from England to Scotland), so yeah, the more team adventures the better as far as I'm concerned. I'm game.
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Telepath
adecentman wrote:
Cupz wrote:So I got a week to fill between dorset and this, who's up for crazy adventures? Anyone want a roadtrip to find the hexagon sun? I wouldnt mind spending my week in a hotel taking mdma, but I'd rather find the hexagon sun.

I'm down for some adventures for sure!! It looks to me as if these two BoC meetups are going to be how I'm kicking off my 2-3 month adventure of backpacking in Scotland--can't think of a better way to begin than some good times with some likeminded folks, as opposed to being immediately thrown into the depths of solitude in the highlands (which I'll be getting around to soon afterwards)!

But yea, going into this I have absolutely zero obligations of any sort (not to mention a general [complete] lack of experience traveling from England to Scotland), so yeah, the more team adventures the better as far as I'm concerned. I'm game.

Ok, this sounds to good to be true already. I'd love to spend time with you, talk music and git drunk, dude! As they say in japan: LETS GET ALONG!

Who else wants to come/can accomodate us with shelter/drivers licenses/vehicles/drugs/dry humor/bad puns?

Is it ok if I record and turn it into a silly feel-good road-trip drama rockumentary?

Also, cool news, my sweetie Willie has decided to come allong and is listening to a lot of boc lately to get in the mood.

Dayvan Cowboy
would love to have you on board adecentman.
maybe you guys could do like.. dorset > penzance > london > newcastle > edinburgh > glasgow over the course of the week?
I'm not big on my english tourism, they just seem like the obvious ones to me (and easy transport links). any thoughts from my southern neighbours?

Posts Quantity
Yeah I'm stoked!! Though my biggest factor is definitely frugality--basically I'm going to be buying a one-way ticket in and then stretching out my limited budget for as long as possible (shooting for at least 2 months), and thus it appears that a lot of my trip will be spent in the couchsurfing/hostel mode. With all of that being said it's not my prerogative to put a damper on anyone else's fun because of my poorness, and if the financials of the situation are reasonable I probably wouldn't be opposed to spending a little more during these first two weeks in order to have a sweet time with y'all. I can figure it out. In the next week or so I think I'll be buying my ticket, and then I can conspire with y'all more concretely.

As far as your question regarding facebook goes, I currently don't have one, but I'm seeing more and more than it's very useful for organization in these situations. Maybe I'll reactivate mine soon, just for this sake.
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Dayvan Cowboy
don't worry about it, will post in here plenty.
if you're on a tight budget i think hanging with cupz will be pretty much ideal.
if you REALLY REALLY on a tight budget then you can get an overnight bus from city to city for £1 provided you book early enough. it's not exactly the most comfortable thing on the planet but its certainly cheap as all hell.
im happy to have a couple of strangers on my living room floor when youre in glasgow. i have an airbed. you'll have to share. :P

Happy Cycler
It's great how kind and down to earth everyone is. My plan is still to be going with Cupz but I'm not sure whether or not everything will go as intended and if they don't, I might need the "shared airbed" until I can get home. Or the floor. Hopefully not but there's relief in knowing nobody is going to let a twoismer from afar get stranded (and anyone who needs a ride while Cupz and I are there should ask - this trip is only affordable because multiple people will chip in together for transportation and places to stay). Cupz is very generous and you sound so too Techboy. That's part of what I like about this community: people take care of each other. In discussion online, in being charitable, in beating the midges off someone as they are being eaten alive. :lol:
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
Cupz wrote:
adecentman wrote:

Ok, this sounds to good to be true already. I'd love to spend time with you, talk music and git drunk, dude! As they say in japan: LETS GET ALONG!

Who else wants to come/can accomodate us with shelter/drivers licenses/vehicles/drugs/dry humor/bad puns?

Is it ok if I record and turn it into a silly feel-good road-trip drama rockumentary?

Also, cool news, my sweetie Willie has decided to come allong and is listening to a lot of boc lately to get in the mood.

If I convince my parents to let me go alone to another country with some strangers for a week, I will definitely go as well.

Wish me luck! :D
All which makes me anxious
At times unbearably so

Good luck! Hope to see you there.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha.

I had a hard time explaining it to certain people the first time.

We'd love to have you.

Eagle Minded
I'm a few pages late to comment on midgies.....

But as someone from the west coast of Scotland I feel it needs reinforcing.

The midge is the prime beast of driving you mad. Do not underestimate her! I was out wild camping just last night on the west coast, and only a strong breeze kept the buggers at bay.

I cannot recommend enough a head net. jungle formula midgie spray, and/ or Avon skin so soft. If you're really prone to bites bring antihistamines.

Midgies don't like smoke, they do love dark clothing and CO2. Find someone who's being bitten alive and stand near them .youll be fine :wink:

There's no reason for visitors to Scotland not to enjoy themselves, especially at a BOC meet.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground