Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcK2kwTlB5g

This is my favourite from the 60's Black and White episodes (Emma Peel)
Powerful Classy and it Swings.

"Yeh! that's right" :D

Happy Cycler
David Carbonara - The Carousel. One of the many great compositions he wrote for the show. It goes with the scene of the same name so well, I would like to see the composers brief for this scene from Matthew Weiner. It's mysterious and whimsical but also pensive, lovely stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbV8jZCpoTY

The Carousel scene:

Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Bob James - Angela (Theme From 'Taxi')
phpBB [media]

If this was already listed in here, then you should listen to it twice :P

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]

Listen to this beauty.

Sherbet Head
haha yes Forton.. what a classic :D Back in the day of proper cartoons with proper theme tunes

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
Erm.. The Prisoner. (and its entire soundtrack!)

Sherbet Head
Never watched a single episode of the prisoner.. although have been to Portmeirion, tis and awesome place, loved it there. Shall have to give the series a go.

Posts Quantity
vballs wrote:Never watched a single episode of the prisoner.. although have been to Portmeirion, tis and awesome place, loved it there. Shall have to give the series a go.

Try and find a good quality stream of it if you're playing online! It's a difficult series to get into due to its age, but it's one of the all-time most important series ever created. Often works as great visuals for BoC too. Been to Portmeirion itself, I couldn't suggest higher that you go again after watching!

Anyway, just to comment again, the theme tune I found took a few episodes for me to really get into but it's fucking incredible after that.

I'd like to chuck in a few other notable mentions:

Star Trek: Voyager AND Star Trek: The Next Generation, Trap Door (for the child inside me) and, oddly enough, Bottom.

Posts Quantity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NKHySA4wQ

M-M-M-MASK!
MASKED CRUUUUSADERS!

An absolute classic, and even with some visual distortions for shits and giggles.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5C0G9Ol7_Q

Extended Version! Who else thinks this needs a Hell Interface remix?

Dayvan Cowboy
For dutchies;

phpBB [media]
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
number-six wrote:
vballs wrote:Never watched a single episode of the prisoner.. although have been to Portmeirion, tis and awesome place, loved it there. Shall have to give the series a go.

Try and find a good quality stream of it if you're playing online! It's a difficult series to get into due to its age, but it's one of the all-time most important series ever created. Often works as great visuals for BoC too. Been to Portmeirion itself, I couldn't suggest higher that you go again after watching!

Anyway, just to comment again, the theme tune I found took a few episodes for me to really get into but it's fucking incredible after that.

Star Trek: Voyager AND Star Trek: The Next Generation, Trap Door (for the child inside me) and, oddly enough, Bottom.

I finally got to Portmeirion again last year, after being there nearly 30 years ago, purely because I'm a huge Prisoner fan, stayed in the village itself, which I recommend - being able to walk around in the evening when it's empty is something else. I regret now not buying one of the navy jackets in the shop, though. I'll definitely be back there again in the next few years, it's a magical place.

Kudos for Mysterious Cities of Gold. I'd through Ulysses31 in there too.

But, the daddy of all theme tunes, for the greatest TV show ever no less. I give you...

phpBB [media]

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
jcnporter wrote:
number-six wrote:

I finally got to Portmeirion again last year, after being there nearly 30 years ago, purely because I'm a huge Prisoner fan, stayed in the village itself, which I recommend - being able to walk around in the evening when it's empty is something else. I regret now not buying one of the navy jackets in the shop, though. I'll definitely be back there again in the next few years, it's a magical place.

Portmeirion Twoism Meetup in the future? :wink:

Telepath
portiss wrote:For dutchies;

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Telepath
I like the japanese version better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDAd_LZotDg

Previous

Return to The Playground