What games are you playing?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Have I unknowingly repeated myself ?

Telepath
drillkicker wrote:
Cupz wrote:I've played TIS-100 which was pretty fun, though I didn't play it long as I thought I might as well learn assembly language for real.
Infinifactory, by the same dev, however is another story.

Both are good, but I enjoy TIS-100 more because of how much more challenging it is. Infinifactory has a much friendlier difficulty curve, so it's easier to get into, but it also doesn't even begin to approach the level of satisfaction that is achieved when a TIS-100 puzzle is solved.

drillkicker wrote:
Cupz wrote:Good call, drillkicker. I'll give it a go. I love how zachtronics gamifies learning brute logic, pulling you in with mysterious myths. His games usually make me want to stop and make my own crazy contraptions instead, but they make great introductions to new hobbies.

That's where we're different. I love to program and solve logic puzzles, but I'm not creative enough to come up with my own programs. So when there's a new Zachtronics game I need to get on it. And as a computer engineering major, this one is the most relevant to me of all of Zach's games so far.

No, I repeated myself.

Sherbet Head
Oh yeah, I forgot that I've mentioned TIS-100 here before.

Posts Quantity
Trying to get into Star Citizen (it's amazing), but spaceships are spensive !

Telepath

This game is kicking rad! So satisfying blasting through the sound-barrier with a hovercycle, and the entire game becomes eerily silent. The box didn't lie. To bad there are just a handfull of tracks. :(

Dayvan Cowboy
Shenzhen IO is on my Christmas list :) still not finished infinifactory though

New Seed
Right now I am playing Pokemon Tower Defence on http://www.friv2online.com/ . There are many small games, very interesting. A great way to kill time and relax.

Site Admin
Recently started playing The Last Guardian. Still after hours of playing I am amazed about the level of detail which was put into Trico (the feathered creature). No wonder it took them years to create. He moves like a cat, follows like a dog and has feathers and small wings like a bird but is a total new creature in its own way. Can't stop watching him move / behave every time I play.
It really tests your patience and I guess a lot don't like this slow pace and miss the direct control of the creature. I find it very natural that it takes time to gain control over it and slowly during the game (until now - 5 hours in) I see the control gets better but still frustrating at times that he won't do what I want. This gives a more natural feeling and challenges to think. After all, it is puzzle adventure.

phpBB [media]
Life is a Frequency

New Seed
Been getting back into Minecraft now that I have a computer that can handle shaders
Makes the world more captivating which made me desire time spent in a fantasy neighborhood
of beautiful spaces
relics, parks, monuments, temples, etc.
also wings are fun
currently running a server for this kind of laid-back cozy vibe
we have a beautiful isle
visit our moon if you are interested!

Aesthetics, glad to see you're enjoying The Last Guardian - truly incredible/special/magic experience, and I've barely played over an hours worth before (don't own it myself).

Telepath
https://dene.itch.io/spellrazor

not half bad, and free too!

New Seed
Oh, I played The Last Guardian. It's an awesome game! But you must spend a lot of time in the game world. I don't a lot of free game now, I must study a lot. So I spend my small free time playing Bubble Witch, found it here theappsdepot That is an easy game, but it's for free, so I can download a new apk when I want.

Posts Quantity
Last Guardian's been mentioned a couple of times and I just wanted to say that, despite its many gameplay flaws, that is one of the most beautiful games i've ever played. Finished it last week and damn, anything that can give me that kind of an emotional reaction is top quality.

Posts Quantity
Currently playing my way through the Mass Effect series again getting ready for Mass Effect Andromdea. One of my fav video game series <3

Boqurant

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:Recently started playing The Last Guardian. Still after hours of playing I am amazed about the level of detail which was put into Trico (the feathered creature). No wonder it took them years to create. He moves like a cat, follows like a dog and has feathers and small wings like a bird but is a total new creature in its own way. Can't stop watching him move / behave every time I play.
It really tests your patience and I guess a lot don't like this slow pace and miss the direct control of the creature. I find it very natural that it takes time to gain control over it and slowly during the game (until now - 5 hours in) I see the control gets better but still frustrating at times that he won't do what I want. This gives a more natural feeling and challenges to think. After all, it is puzzle adventure.

phpBB [media]

I badly want to play this game, I adore ico and the shadow of the colossus is pretty good too. I figured it may be a bit frustrating, its not like ico was perfect in terms of controls and such like but it very much made up for it in terms of atmosphere felt very unique. Wish I could afford a ps4, just a shame id only be buying it for this game alone well possibly ff7 remake too but im pretty apprehensive about that.

Sherbet Head
Auditor wrote:Image

:-D My girlfriend and I play this all the time, we love it. Im a big fan of the original 1994 PC game though and I wished in this modern version they managed to capture the same vibe, exploring the battle scape was pretty scary and the music complimented it perfectly. The modern version doesn't have that at all, the music is bland / generic sounding and the encounters are somewhat predictable I think. The strategy game play is good fun though and the character customization is great.

^^^ the original was amazing. So atmospheric.

Slow down...

Boqurant
IT's true, it doesn't touch the original as far as atmospherics. But as a fan of chess, it's a great new-age console game that requires strategic thinking and doesn't let you off easy

Eagle Minded
I've been playing lots of Sauerbraten :D
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Boqurant
Eagerly awaiting Persona 5 like any other well adjusted 33-year-old

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground