Mystery Science Theater 3000

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
I didn't see a topic on this hilarious show yet.

Just started getting back into it recently. Started with Mitchell. I almost died laughing several times.

Any other fans?

Happy Cycler
Wow. Nobody eh?

Surprising.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm a big fan of that show.

Every summer at Red Rocks Amphitheater (in CO) they show a series of movies on Friday nights. For the pre-show entertainment sometimes they'll play shortened versions of older B movies (usually from the 70s or 80s). They up a desk on stage in front of the movie with a huge projection light shining up from the floor to cast their shadows. The guys at the desk have a lot of great one liners... they have the whole MST3K setup going. It's pretty hilarious.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Dayvan Cowboy
Sorry to wake the dead, just wanted to say Mystery Science Theater 3000 still makes me laugh after all these years. Manos is probably my favorite (and most peoples as well, I would guess) but Mitchell is definitely up there too. You should check out Cinematic Titanic, it features several people who worked on the show originally. I would say their new material is pretty comparable to seasons 2-4 of the original show.

Sherbet Head
i used to watch it and enjoy it all the time when it was on the sci-fi channel. haven't seen it in years though, except for the episode with "manos", which i downloaded.

Dayvan Cowboy
I really want to start watching this show..I wish it was still on reruns in Canada
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
harpoon dodger wrote:I really want to start watching this show..I wish it was still on reruns in Canada

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mst3k#
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Dayvan Cowboy
saturdayindex wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:I really want to start watching this show..I wish it was still on reruns in Canada

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mst3k#

Why thank you.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Happy Cycler
Opothecary wrote:Sorry to wake the dead, just wanted to say Mystery Science Theater 3000 still makes me laugh after all these years. Manos is probably my favorite (and most peoples as well, I would guess) but Mitchell is definitely up there too. You should check out Cinematic Titanic, it features several people who worked on the show originally. I would say their new material is pretty comparable to seasons 2-4 of the original show.

Yeah. I have to say that Mitchell is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. Pod People was also quite good. The shorts collections are also amazing. Check them out if you haven't yet!

Happy Cycler
Are any of you excited for the reboot?
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
This looks good so far. Pod People was my favorite from the original series. Joel Hodgson had a website back in the 90's I found because I liked the show. It was http://www.gizmonics.com and was an "anterface" where the links were in ant tunnel graphics and you were an ant following pheromones to different pages. I was going to post evidence but its not even on the wayback machine.

Telepath
Thanks for bump, been meaning to watch MST3000 for a long time now.

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:Thanks for bump, been meaning to watch MST3000 for a long time now.

BTW, they have 20 of the best classic episodes up on Netflix right now. Check out Pod People. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

IT STINKS!

Eagle Minded
IT STINKS!

Dayvan Cowboy
Awesome to see some other fans out there - I donated to the Kickstarter and I'll be watching the first episode of the new season tomorrow. Hard to believe there's about to be 14 new episodes of one of my favorite series of all time!

Eagle Minded
New eps are out

Whaddya think?

I am OK with it!

Happy Cycler
I thought the first episode was alright. The second one, Cry Wilderness, was absolutely brilliant! It will become a classic for sure.

I think there is definitely potential here.

Eagle Minded
It all clicked when Crow and Tom were in those Mexican representational outfits just kind of twirling around to that bit of soundtrack.

Many LOLs have been had so far. Its a lot more dense but the jokes land. What is Gypsy delivering and retrieving in every episode?

Happy Cycler
Glen_Glog wrote:It all clicked when Crow and Tom were in those Mexican representational outfits just kind of twirling around to that bit of soundtrack.

Many LOLs have been had so far. Its a lot more dense but the jokes land. What is Gypsy delivering and retrieving in every episode?

I keep wondering that, too! Perhaps all will be revealed at the end of the season.

Watched Avalanche last night... probably the best one yet! "THISISMYSTOP!"

Happy Cycler
Fuck Patton Oswalt.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Return to The Playground