.


Image

THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 3250
Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Location: BPR. OG
747,

You are too kind. Also, I'm aware. The statement was innocuous. It appeared that way then, still does, I'm going to take my own words at face value though I do wish I hadn't said that because it's stupid though not a big deal. The weight it might have held would entirely be assigned by myself in that I don't think I know what I'm saying anymore and take a joke such as that as something I should probably apologise for. I definitely don't consider you a hypocrite, though in this case, considering I wrote that after my friend's wi-fi finally went online immediately after (however much time) throwing something I owned repeatedly into something of hers, it applied to myself as well seeing as that obviously didn't help with the anxiety I was experiencing then. Her dart board sucked anyway hence get online, check emails, stop by here, etc. I don't believe it need be said the world on a whole could benefit from more open/relaxed active sex without dogmatic nonsensical issues of 'sanctity' or antiquated moral hangups rooted in occult shit. We'd be a lot more laid (HEEHEH HE HEHE GET IT HEHEHEHEEHHEE) back as we wouldn't be as bored.

Boredom is the worst stress, affliction, sickness there is.

Re: recent post, reserved, have OCD too.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 484
Joined: 27 Sep 2007
747Music wrote:I wish people would stop being horribly ambiguous and stop using social idioms outside of the proper social crowd. I wish we would all say what we mean using words in their properly intended use. Just gotta pay attention to your speech. It'll never happen, and it will continue to piss off my OCD as I have no idea what people are trying to say. Then they get pissed at me because it's apparently terribly obvious what they meant, despite their actual words meaning something else entirely. OR flip that around: I say something using words that I genuinely mean and it gets mistaken for some social idiom. It's meaning is understood differently and suddenly I'm a jerk for what I said despite the fact that I was genuinely trying to say something kind or helpful. Trying to explain the actual intentions in my speech can often just lead to accusation that I'm lying and trying to cover up my terrible transgression.

This issue is ridiculously bad through texting. I hate texting.

On days where my OCD is really bad, the idea of becoming a hermit gets extremely tempting.
i love the word hermit

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8087
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Seven years later I just put all you OCD freaks out your misery ;-)
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Nova Scotia Robot
Status: Offline
Posts: 5069
Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Mexicola wrote:Seven years later I just put all you OCD freaks out your misery ;-)


Lately I've been admiring the idea of being put out of my misery. I get over it though. I remember all the awesome things I'd miss like butts, music, forests and beer.


...Perhaps I'm overdue for a nudist singalong camping trip...

:lol:
Image

User avatar
Nova Scotia Robot
Status: Offline
Posts: 5069
Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Echo the Sun wrote:
747Music wrote:I wish people would stop being horribly ambiguous and stop using social idioms outside of the proper social crowd. I wish we would all say what we mean using words in their properly intended use. Just gotta pay attention to your speech. It'll never happen, and it will continue to piss off my OCD as I have no idea what people are trying to say. Then they get pissed at me because it's apparently terribly obvious what they meant, despite their actual words meaning something else entirely. OR flip that around: I say something using words that I genuinely mean and it gets mistaken for some social idiom. It's meaning is understood differently and suddenly I'm a jerk for what I said despite the fact that I was genuinely trying to say something kind or helpful. Trying to explain the actual intentions in my speech can often just lead to accusation that I'm lying and trying to cover up my terrible transgression.

This issue is ridiculously bad through texting. I hate texting.

On days where my OCD is really bad, the idea of becoming a hermit gets extremely tempting.
i love the word hermit


"I want to buy a bunch of pet hermit crabs and force them to live together. Then when somebody comes over they may say "Hey you have pet hermit crabs." Where I'll reply: "No no no… These are mingling crabs."" - Demitri Martin


Jonse wrote:747,

You are too kind. Also, I'm aware. The statement was innocuous. It appeared that way then, still does, I'm going to take my own words at face value though I do wish I hadn't said that because it's stupid though not a big deal. The weight it might have held would entirely be assigned by myself in that I don't think I know what I'm saying anymore and take a joke such as that as something I should probably apologise for. I definitely don't consider you a hypocrite, though in this case, considering I wrote that after my friend's wi-fi finally went online immediately after (however much time) throwing something I owned repeatedly into something of hers, it applied to myself as well seeing as that obviously didn't help with the anxiety I was experiencing then. Her dart board sucked anyway hence get online, check emails, stop by here, etc. I don't believe it need be said the world on a whole could benefit from more open/relaxed active sex without dogmatic nonsensical issues of 'sanctity' or antiquated moral hangups rooted in occult shit. We'd be a lot more laid (HEEHEH HE HEHE GET IT HEHEHEHEEHHEE) back as we wouldn't be as bored.

Boredom is the worst stress, affliction, sickness there is.

Re: recent post, reserved, have OCD too.



Hahaha, haven't heard a proper dart analogy in a while.

Boredom compounds other issues. depression being the worst to combine it with.



Here is a joke that fits in with this thread:

Can you believe the amount of nudity allowed on TV these days?!?! Unbelievable! It makes me mad! I usually just end up sitting there shaking my fist.
Image

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 484
Joined: 27 Sep 2007
747Music wrote:"I want to buy a bunch of pet hermit crabs and force them to live together. Then when somebody comes over they may say "Hey you have pet hermit crabs." Where I'll reply: "No no no… These are mingling crabs."" - Demitri Martin
just remember you need a permit to perm its perfect hermit hair!

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1548
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
110% annoyed. An Audi driver (no offense. If you drive an Audi and you are here, I assume you are one of the good ones) refused to slow down when I was crossing the road, accelerating as if to say "You'd better run, because this is my road" so I had to leap out of the way, landed on my leg really rather awkwardly and now I have a torn ligament and have to use crutches for at least a week to keep weight off it. I swear to god if I see him when I am hopping to the local shops tomorrow, I will throw one of these crutches straight through his windscreen.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1548
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
I mean, I know ligament injuries can vary from a sprain to a really rather bad tear, I would probably say this is the latter of the two as I can't put any weight on it without screaming and I was offered crutches straight away. Wish I'd caught the details of the driver.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8087
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
You can only tell with an MRI. I tore my cruciate ligament in my knee and it took an operation and 18 months of physio. 7 years later, I only started playing football again this summer. Fingers crossed for you dude!
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1548
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Mexicola wrote:You can only tell with an MRI. I tore my cruciate ligament in my knee and it took an operation and 18 months of physio. 7 years later, I only started playing football again this summer. Fingers crossed for you dude!


Christ, that sounds like quite an ordeal you went through. Doctor seemed pretty convinced it would heal of its own volition if I was careful not to put any weight on it luckily. I can't imagine how seven years of it must have felt. Happy you are through it now and back playing footie again, though.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8087
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Thanks man.

Yeah, a ligament can heal if only partly torn I believe. If it's fully torn then it has to be replaced. In my case they grafted part of my hamstring in there to replace it. Fun times!
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1548
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Mexicola wrote:Thanks man.

Yeah, a ligament can heal if only partly torn I believe. If it's fully torn then it has to be replaced. In my case they grafted part of my hamstring in there to replace it. Fun times!


Ah, good to hear that it likely isn't a full tear of the ligament in my case. The Doctor was in quite a hurry so I didn't get much explained to me. Also, that sounds horrifying, never been in surgery and I hope I never have to be.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Mexicola wrote:Thanks man.

Yeah, a ligament can heal if only partly torn I believe. If it's fully torn then it has to be replaced. In my case they grafted part of my hamstring in there to replace it. Fun times!

Fuck, that's rough! Ouch ouch ouch

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8087
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Yeah, it was a fun time lol
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1548
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Out of medical curiosity, sorry to pry, is your leg fully functioning again after allowing it a number of years to heal or does it still become stiff or even painful after this long? It sounds like quite a nasty injury to say the least.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8087
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
It's as good as it'll get. It'll never be 100% but it's good enough. I have to wear a knee support to play football, but running, hiking etc is fine as it is.
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Nova Scotia Robot
Status: Offline
Posts: 5069
Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Issue #1 of "Problems with Texting"

As I had mentioned earlier, people tend to speak ambiguously. Texting removes indicators that make communication even more ambiguous.

The tree of implications has many branches. As you try to climb to the top, incorrect assumptions are weak branches that break off and hit you in the face after grabbing it.

If you were the sender of the text and your ladyfriend receives it, incorrect assumptions are weak branches that she breaks off and hits you in the face with.

You never make it to the top of the tree. You tend to just end up looking like goaltending hockey legend Terry Sawchuck:

Image
Image

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Sep 2018
Man, I've seen pictures of WW1 veterans looking less scarred than this guy... I think that's what Churchill had in mind when he said that one of his "secrets" for a long and healthy life was "no sport"!

By the way, I've got something to vent out as well. I work in a logistics company. Basically, we're shipping train/boatloads of food, steel, wood, finished products between producers, supermarkets, factories etc. Since not anyone can use your services, you have to develop good relations with powerful, influent potential clients ; CEOs and other high ranking officials of the companies that may need your services, mostly. So, courting them is half of the job.
How do you court a CEO from a multi-million transnational company? You invite them to a lavish reception with French champagne, Russian caviar and all of that jazz. And where do you invite them? To the most expensive piece of real estate you can find, of course!
Last time we tried, one of our managers rented a chalet in Courchevelles, but it didn't bring the expected results as some of the potential clients felt it was too cold, or didn't like winter sports. One of the ones who did like them had already booked the exact same chalet a couple years ago and snickered a little at our attempt.
Comes in our boss. He says "you know what? Mountains suck, let's find ourselves something under the sun. And let's BUY it, so that we don't get ridiculed.". Cue the boss telling us to find where to buy a seaside villa. We all bring a couple links, exchange info with the sellers, everything's going fine. The boss says "Let's go for Greece, it's cheap". No contestations from the accounting department, of course. Cheap wasn't the first adjective that came to my mind when looking at these, but apparently it's cheaper than in other places. Go figure.
So, comes the time to send someone there to visit the things, because who buys a house without looking at it first? The boss had to choose one person, and he could pick from someone who IS Greek, someone who knows a lot about real estate and related legal procedures, yours truly, who speaks different foreign languages and has led successfully quite a couple important business meetings, and some guy from the accounting department who may be good at his job, but speaks basic English and has the social skills of a boot sole.

Who was picked to go for a paid holid... I mean, to go choose what's best for the company's development? The accountant guy, of course!

I didn't want to complain about it at work because it's a douchey thing to do, and didn't want to complain in front of my wife who has it harder than I am, but it has been pissing me off for the last couple of days. I already didn't think too highly of accountants, but now... :lol:

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Joined: 8 Sep 2018
Location: The Place
People who use the Vindicator for just about everything in Double Action: Boogaloo

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Location: hello
why do i put things off
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron