Red Dead Redemption 2

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
On one hand I'm 'finally something to wrench me off five full years of GTA5'. RDR2 is an amazing immersive experience, properly next level stuff from Rockstar that leaves you wondering how GTA6 will look in years to come.

On the other hand..sometimes RDR2 really feels just like GTA with fancy hats and cars made of meat.

I've never been that fussed by completing single player storylines. Bring on multiplayer later in November - that's when this shit gets real. (y'all)

Dayvan Cowboy
I haven't played it personally, but it looks like a really decent game. I was usually into immersive historical experiences through gaming and from what I have seen, it certainly delivers in that respect. I am forcing myself to have some time away from gaming at the moment, though, so I won't be playing it any time soon.

Site Admin
I was about to buy this 2nd hand in a while but I unexpectedly got some money from a friend after installing a floor at her house :) so I bought it last Friday for the PS4. I didn't read or seen much about it, only that the game got a lot of positive reviews. I also didn't play part 1, so I didn't really know what to expect but what an awesome game!

The atmosphere with the snowy weather at the start is lovely. The footprints and horse trails are lifelike. The cinematic option whilst playing is stunning too.
I really enjoy the game so I expect to finish the single player for sure and perhaps finish the game for 100% which I only did with Far Cry Primal. These kind of games give me a sense of freedom by "escaping" to another world :D
I wish my son was older though so I could play it during daytime too...
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
"...just plain rice?"
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

New Seed
I'm guessing you'll be able to create your own character in multiplayer, haha? We can't all be Arthur. Although that would be hilarious. haha
Here are some very nice lightweight wheelchairs that are affordable too.

Sherbet Head
Spent a bit more time with it between real life stuff and it's really growing on me.

Online does suffer with the 32 player limitation. The entire map is at your disposal including Blackwater and the RDR1 holdover of New Austin which means you may go for hours without seeing another player. I hope that limit will increase once Rockstar are happy with the server load and stability and move it out of Beta..in several hours of play Online has crashed a couple of times on the PS4 but it's been mostly solid.

New Seed
For me personally, in this game, I’ve overdone it too much with realism - over time it becomes boring sometimes

Dayvan Cowboy
Conrad_Rice wrote:For me personally, in this game, I’ve overdone it too much with realism - over time it becomes boring sometimes

There comes a certain point where the realism becomes overwhelming and not very satisfying. People tend to game because they like an escape, like diving into a work of fiction. I think the Cartoon/Realism balance for me personally was achieved best with open world games like Fallout New Vegas (and Fallout 3, if it is run in the NV engine with a few updates). Anything beyond that and you get into the realms of visual plastic, it is strange, I really dislike it. It also feels that the "realer" they become, the more limiting they are.

Return to The Playground