Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: This Random Thread

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:30 pm

I need all of Mr Robot season 2 to come out so I can just binge watch it like it's meant to be watched...

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:47 pm

I agree, I don't watch it week after week. I need my fix all at once.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Mexicola wrote:Yes.
Embrace it.
Sheds and greenhouses rock my friend.

I really am. Wish I had a shed or a greenhouse!

What have you been growing Mex?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Fuck all since I split with the ex. She got custody of the tomato plants...

Still, as of a months time I'll be living in the countryside, in a gorgeous cottage with a huge garden. We're not only growing again, but will be running a chicken coop too. Best bit? The pub is literally next door.

I win.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Wow, that sounds really nice man. Happy for you :)

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Chickens are awesome.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:45 am

Cupz wrote:Chickens are awesome.

We are agreed, sir.

Mexicola wrote:Fuck all since I split with the ex. She got custody of the tomato plants...

Still, as of a months time I'll be living in the countryside, in a gorgeous cottage with a huge garden. We're not only growing again, but will be running a chicken coop too. Best bit? The pub is literally next door.

I win.

All the best to you, my friend. There isn't even a pub in my entire town, let alone next door. So I'm quite jealous. :P Sounds like a great place to live. I'm happy for you. :D

As for myself,
Codeine withdrawals really, really sucked, but it's over now. Went off them damn painkillers last Monday and the only thing I was able to do until Saturday was lay in bed and wonder if it's worth it to walk the 5 meters to the bathroom, or if I should just piss the bed. I stocked up on water bottles and easy food before hand, thank goodness. I still barely ate.
I figure 10/10 pain really bloody sucks, especially if you hit it many times over a few days time, but my chronic pain won't get as bad as that. My chronic pain is also not injurious, so screw it. It's just pain. I'm sick of it hindering my life and making me inactive. I'll just deal with it in ways that wont mess up my mind or body anymore. Mind over matter, pain, you dick. I'm stronger!

I win, too. :)]

Techboy! Happy twoismversary, dude!!

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:19 pm

747Music wrote:

As for myself,
Codeine withdrawals really, really sucked, but it's over now. Went off them damn painkillers last Monday and the only thing I was able to do until Saturday was lay in bed and wonder if it's worth it to walk the 5 meters to the bathroom, or if I should just piss the bed. I stocked up on water bottles and easy food before hand, thank goodness. I still barely ate.
I figure 10/10 pain really bloody sucks, especially if you hit it many times over a few days time, but my chronic pain won't get as bad as that. My chronic pain is also not injurious, so screw it. It's just pain. I'm sick of it hindering my life and making me inactive. I'll just deal with it in ways that wont mess up my mind or body anymore. Mind over matter, pain, you dick. I'm stronger!

Congratulations !!
You did the impossible.
As someone who is currently tolerant to codeine, may I ask how long you where taking them for to get such a severity of withdrawal ?

(I am on a slow taper at the moment that seems to be working fine)

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Massive congrats 747!!! Superhuman effort. That takes guts my friend.

Whisper it quietly, I finally weaned myself off the Fluoxetine after 18 months. Gulp!

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:28 am

Good stuff. That can be an absolute bitch to get off.

Sorry to vaguepost but there was a point last year that I realised I had been on anti depressants for longer in my life than I'd been off them and stuff wasnt getting better. Something needed to change. So I ditched the pills and checked into therapy and kicked off a process that came to a point last week and while I'm still not what I'd call happy I have a plan and I feel like a huge weight has lifted. Unexpectedly, the nature of the world has left me wanting to pursue my own path and oddly people so far seem to be cool... well, my friends anyway. We'll see if it all works out.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Dude I feel your pain... I was pretty dependent on kratom for 7 years, and after that, any opioid I could get a hold of... legally that is. I tried cold water extracting Tylenol 1-3's however the caffeine intake made me violently I'll and persistently in a panic attack lol. Then I came across the devil himself... U47700... 7x the potency of morphine (supposedly, but I'd believe it), which I overdosed on not once but three separate times. That warm seduction opiates have are nothing but mouse traps with a fine aged cheddar sitting atop... happy you're doing what you're doing man, it is a huge relief after your body and mind are fully restored.

I periodically do weak opiates every now and again to keep stress from triggering long episodes of depression (I'm talkin once every 6 months or not at all if those feelings dont arise). Kratom is a good choice for that but I cannot stomach it, not does it affect me, so I treat myself with a low dose of o-desmethyltramadol. Having something like that gives me a moment to reflect on my life, to meditate on where this purely materialist pleasure comes and goes. It reminds me how much I have learned about seeking the pleasures greater than that, through helping people, making my family proud of me, counselling those I can give advice... etc.

It's a tough battle but we humans are resilient. Keep it up 747. If you EVER feel impulses again, never act on it with that context. If it's a dire need, small dose of kratom is a safe alternative.

On the topic of randomness, I biked to the grocery store late at night and bought 4 different kinds of frozen treats haha. Most of them Popsicles but also a box of ice cream sandwiches... which happened to be caramel swirl flavour? ?? Good god these things are magical! Forget what I said about kratom, pick up summa these! :P

Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Oh @MrMessiah, I am happy for you taking that route. You will continue to feel your emotional threshold opening up... that is to say, you are not imprisoned within the walls of the medication, which only allow your thoughts and feelings to fluctuate so much. It is empowering to be in full control, and in due time with cognitive awareness of habits you my have (looking for and having vigilance for emotional snowballs forming, erraticating then with rational thinking before they become imbued with total emotional irrationality), you'll find life has more colour than before my friend. Cheers to everything working out as it should.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Wow! Thanks for all of your kind words, fellas. :)

Valotonin: I had been on codeine for 7 years. At the start of this year alone I was prescribed 180 T4s at a time, which I finished much quicker than I wanted. I was taking stupid amounts in a day, some days. I've always had a high tolerance to painkillers, though. Maybe just because my pain is amplified, I don't know. (I'm a sensitive guy I guess, lol.)

Mexi: Thanks, man! Also, congrats to you for getting off of that stuff. I'm really happy for you, fella. A freshly opened cola in mexi's drinks of life. :wink:

MrMessiah: Sounds like my situation, too. I got off all of my psychiatric meds towards the end of last year. Fortunately for me, I'm getting therapy sessions for free within walking distance to my apartment. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is really beneficial. Give it a go if you haven't already.

Spenner: Well spoken! I'm glad you're getting this sorted out, too. Screw kratom and any other of that crap. Popsicles and sandwiches of all sorts for me!! There will be no need "dire" enough for me to start into that crap again. I'll just endure through it and pick up where I left off after the pain passes.
Getting off of those psychiatric meds last year was like an explosion to all of my senses and emotions. I still have to wear sunglasses on cloudy days, can't eat junky foods as they're too much, can smell every ingredient in a meal, and wear earphones with a bit of noise cancelling and low-mid volume music in loud places. I'm finally getting control of my emotions, though. I spent 3 months of being suicidal every single day this past spring and am really, really thankful that's over. For the first time in a while I feel like I'm getting a proper hold on my life. Now.... gotta find me a woman to share life with.

Also, my moustache is gone... :shock: :o :!:

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:07 am

things man

fuckin things

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:14 am

? :(

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:08 am

Oh man my plan to bike downtown to the beer store and then buy a shawarma was rudely interrupted when I tried to bunny-hop over this big concrete block but jumped way too early and ended up ripping apart my knees and elbows. I'm going to keep this look of being covered in blood for work tomorrow in the hopes of "I'm dying" being a good excuse to get the day off

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:35 am

I'm getting old.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:12 pm

I can happily confirm that Techboy makes an incredible Venison and Guinness pie. Bravo sir. Burp.

This is all.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm not suprised.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:37 pm

I Uhh. Branded myself with a hexagon nut. I have BoC scarification now, thought you should know!!!

Ill spare you the details of my mental breakdown and how my body is totally shredded though
Post a reply