THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
^ and that, folks, is why we need to cling in to the NHS at all costs...

Telepath
Oh yeah, definately stear away from obama care unless you are part of the rich percentage.

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ and that, folks, is why we need to cling in to the NHS at all costs...

As far as I understand, the plan will keep it free at the point of use (correct me if I'm wrong).

Instead, the privatization will simply result in an awful decline in quality of healthcare, run by companies which are still subsidized by the tax-payer.

Still, terrible situation we're heading towards.

Happy Cycler
Having to pay for access to philosophy/social theory journals from a supposedly 'radical' left orientated publisher. No inconsistency there.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Having to pay for access to philosophy/social theory journals from a supposedly 'radical' left orientated publisher. No inconsistency there.

Do you mean through a paid gateway service, or through them directly?

Happy Cycler
Either, if they were really about radicality or social progress, then they would make their academic journals - the so called route to a critical disposition - open and free for access. I know people have mouths to feed etc.. but I just think making a commodity out of the very thing you wish to use in order to destroy something like commodification, is a bit hypocritical. Plus I am a poor student, and twenty pounds for access to a pretty crucial article for my work, is a lot. Education is becoming so corporate, soon it will solely be about making money, and the actual intellectual content will be besides the point. Or maybe it is already ha.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
"As far as I understand, the plan will keep it free at the point of use (correct me if I'm wrong).

Instead, the privatization will simply result in an awful decline in quality of healthcare, run by companies which are still subsidized by the tax-payer."

For now. But if certain interested parties get their way, I really believe we'll be headed for an insurance based model for anything more than the most basic care.

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:"As far as I understand, the plan will keep it free at the point of use (correct me if I'm wrong).

Instead, the privatization will simply result in an awful decline in quality of healthcare, run by companies which are still subsidized by the tax-payer."

For now. But if certain interested parties get their way, I really believe we'll be headed for an insurance based model for anything more than the most basic care.

Aye, that's a possibility in the far future. But if they tried that at the moment, they'd be in for a load of resistance, perhaps even rioting. Perhaps if, god-forbid, we have another 20 or 30 years of austerity...

Happy Cycler
vile, narcissist cunt

self absorbed attitude and terrible outlook.

Obviously not aimed at anyone here, but just had to vent for a bit.

Dayvan Cowboy
What's up?

Happy Cycler
Nothin bad, just saw somethin on the internet and was like "really? You're doing that? why do you feel you deserve to do that?"
in short, person A was being friendly to a group of people only when it benefited person A, and that's not how it should work. It's a communal thing, right?

It was just an act which I saw as selfish and narcissistic. I mean I'm a big narcissist and I would never think about
it makes no sense,

Dayvan Cowboy
Ah ok. I am liable to forget how ugly most online communities can get, until I branch out now and again from Twoism.

Happy Cycler
it ain't cool at all.

Sherbet Head
who the fuck leaves inappropriate comments on a fundraising page? or on a church service notice? people are so fucking unbelievably inhuman at times i cant believe i share oxygen with them. ive literally just removed two comments along the lines of "you are just making money from the situation"

sorry - WHAT???? no, nobody stands to gain ANYTHING from this situation. are people really so shallow that they think that grieving people have the time and effort in them to try and make money? i am beyond pissed off right now. its people like that that should be taken off this earth.

Dayvan Cowboy
Had my first game of competition basketball this weekend, I played really fucking well. Was even the top scorer of the match, but in the last 3 minutes everything went to shit when I landed wrongly, and now I have a collateral ligament tear, I will need surgery, and my basketball season is most certainly over after just playing 1 fucking match.

FUCK LIFE RIGHT NOW.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Happy Cycler
Not so much angry, but incredibly stressed! 4 days before MA thesis hand in, loads of editing to do, bibliography etc... and calls from university finance departments do not help either. I feel properly scrambled at the moment. Can't wait to have a pint on Monday.

Edit: and I have horrible back pain from sitting at a desk for hours at a time, and its really cold and the heating is broken.

Happy Cycler
(fuck it)
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Currently missing my mate's stag weekend in Barcelona due to sickness.....however this just arrived and is making me feel a bit better already.....

Happy Cycler
Largest slump of apathy that I've had in my lifetime, quite possibly. Thought I was coming out of it but nope, apparently not. Nothing meaningful to do right now and nobody to work with - doesn't make the situation any better unfortunately.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Not so much angry, but incredibly stressed! 4 days before MA thesis hand in, loads of editing to do, bibliography etc... and calls from university finance departments do not help either. I feel properly scrambled at the moment. Can't wait to have a pint on Monday.

Edit: and I have horrible back pain from sitting at a desk for hours at a time, and its really cold and the heating is broken.

When are we having that pint?

Rodheh wrote:Largest slump of apathy that I've had in my lifetime, quite possibly. Thought I was coming out of it but nope, apparently not. Nothing meaningful to do right now and nobody to work with - doesn't make the situation any better unfortunately.

Fear not, you have friends in the shadow-world.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground