Second annual Twoism meet in Dorset

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

So Autumn is well and truly upon us, but fear not. The first faint sign of summer is just around the corner. Save the date :wink:

For those in the dark, more info about the first meet can be found here.

Slow down...

It's happening again...

A super-naff, super-amateur little promo to whet the appetite. Stare into the Picture Box and see if you can work out who is who.
:wink:

All Twoismers welcome. Hope to see a bunch of you on July 5th.

PM me for details.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Ahh I wish I could visit uk for something like that, sounds like it would be a really great time.

Sherbet Head
I hope you'll all have a great time. :)!
Wish I could come but Switzerland's just too far away at the moment..

Happy Cycler
I am most looking forward to pints at the pub and seeing those caves 8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Personally, I'm looking forward most to listening to Over The Horizon Radar around midnight, with a hopefully crystal clear night sky overhead, fire going, sociable ale / whisky in hand and good company and banter.

Last year was, frankly, bloody marvellous.

Hope this year lives up to it. I've got the 'good weather' on order already :wink:

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
man i would love to attend something like this.

Happy Cycler
uf0party wrote:man i would love to attend something like this.

Make it happen! More the merrier.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

One day I will come to this.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

I'm sure we'll be running this for some years to come yet. Frankly, it's only time considerations and the good old British weather that stopped us dropping another one in at another time of year.

For those who aren't familiar, the location is just stunning. Proper jaw-dropping in my view.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
fujee wrote:

unemployed and living right in the center of the US, i don't think it's gonna happen this year. haha

Hey man, we'll raise a glass (or 6) for you and our overseas friends on the night :wink:

Slow down...

uf0party wrote:
fujee wrote:

unemployed and living right in the center of the US, i don't think it's gonna happen this year. haha
My situation is the same.

I think I sent a message to you months ago to play that fake Whitney Houston Hell Interface remix in my honor. I still expect it! :lol:
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Happy Cycler
Fuck, has it really been that long?

Like the others I would attend were I there. Coincidentally, my goal (if I can manage to make either this music or sound design thing truly work within the next decade) is immigrate to England at some point for reasons I won't disclose beyond it being about a person who just happens to be separated by the ocean from myself. Not anywhere close to Dorset, but you are all so fortunate you live on a tiny island where with a bit of patience and a car you can get somewhere. Driving across the country here is HELL.

Keep doing this thing. I think I'd mentioned before trying to host a Twoism meet stateside, though that distance thing remains the primary problem.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:Fuck, has it really been that long?

Like the others I would attend were I there. Coincidentally, my goal (if I can manage to make either this music or sound design thing truly work within the next decade) is immigrate to England at some point for reasons I won't disclose beyond it being about a person who just happens to be separated by the ocean from myself. Not anywhere close to Dorset, but you are all so fortunate you live on a tiny island where with a bit of patience and a car you can get somewhere. Driving across the country here is HELL.

Keep doing this thing. I think I'd mentioned before trying to host a Twoism meet stateside, though that distance thing remains the primary problem.
Move to Scotland instead :P We have a more socially progressive government and, um, worse weather.

Dayvan Cowboy
speaking of which will anyone be travelling from scotland?

Happy Cycler
uf0party wrote:
fujee wrote:

Ah shit, that sucks.. like Mex said we'll raise a glass or six..

Yeah Britain is fairly blessed in terms of distances, though we are way too overcrowded here. But yeah, I am super excited for this.

Techboy you comin?

2020K - you got it! Consider the Long-distance-months-in-advance-tape-based-obscure-faked-cover-version-requests now OPEN. DJ Mexi. Keepin the dancefloor moderating swaying in Dad-dance fashion, I'm also available for weddings, bar mitvahs..

Rod - yup, scary how time flies my man, although to be fair to you I'm super-early with the announcement to give people as good a chance of making this as possible. Techboy is right though - go Scottish if you're emigrating. England's great, but while Scotland gave the World BOC and Mogwai, England gave the World Simon Cowell. Enough said.

Techboy - you need to PM Scotronica who made it down for last year's meetup. He's not online much, but he does get onto Twoism every now and again. He was right up for doing this again last I heard from him. Top bloke too. Ask if his mate Matty is coming again because that guy brought the party!

Perch, uf0party et al - thanks for the interest. Totally understand it's not possible but I'm fairly confident we'll run this again next year too. ie: start saving now!! :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
If I showed up at one of these meet-ups and was really cool would you be cool too (if you attended) Mexicola?

Happy Cycler
How would we know its you Lens?

Next

Return to The Playground