Second annual Twoism meet in Dorset

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Cheers mexi for setting it up and yeah, great trip. Nice to put faces to names.

bkillsb wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Thanks! Next year, you're both obliged to attend.
It's the law. Damn the expense, buy the cat a goldfish, etc :wink:

#easyformetosay
#ifthiswastwitter

It would be an honor to attend! :D I can represent the American contingent since next year's meet would fall on the 4th of July (a little birdy told me so lol). Are you asking me to justify animal cruelty for the sake of Twoism? SOLD! :P
You bring the red, white, and I'll bring the blue! We'll leave our watered down beer at home though. 'MERICA IN THE SEASIDE: PART III.

I'm excited to see pictures and hear all about it like last year's trip. It's special for me to scroll through them all and read the experience, so I can only imagine how much more awesome it is for the people who actually get to go!
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:'MERICA IN THE SEASIDE: PART III.

We'll have to get each other there :)

Happy Cycler
Top night, really enjoyed it. A lovely bunch of people to hang out and experience that fantastic location with. Couldn't of asked for more. Special thanks to Mr and Mrs Mexicola for being great hosts and very generous.

Oh and Aesthetics and 2020k's mixes were bloody brilliant, thanks so much 8)

edit: all the Twoism artist contributions were fantastic also, unreal amount of talent on this board man!
Last edited by fujee on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Right, so I've had a couple of hours sleep and a hot bath now. Almost feeling human again. Almost...

Will post a proper review / photo montage at some point, probably tomorrow, but for now I just wanted to say a few thank you's.

Firstly, thanks sincerely to everyone how came along. Rikkiebags, Twoist, IanRedpoint, Fugee, MrMessiah, Vballs, AerialBoundaries, and last, but by no means least a special mention for Techboy who left Glasgow at 7:30am yesterday and is still currently around an hour from getting back home again to the best of my knowledge. A supreme effort! Without you guys, there is no event - thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks too to Novayshun for all his help and support getting the event ready. Gutted you were too ill to attend, but we'll catch up soon for a beer and tell you all about what you missed (it'll take a while so I'll get the first one in).

A MASSIVE thank you to everyone who contributed tracks, mixes and just general good will and support over the past few weeks. 2020K, your DJ intro to that Whitney Houston spoof was hilarious and had us all laughing like idiots! Nicole, that Boreal Network track was incredible and has been my personal earworm for the past month (now go and finish the ending!!! lol). But by far and away the biggest thanks have to go to our very own Aesthetics for his absolutely killer mix. Your message literally choked me up with pride and everyone was just floored by it. I can never say thank you enough. Cheers. Next year, you have to be here man!

And finally, one very important thank you goes to MDG for his last minute surprise contribution. Hard to underplay this, but I'll try. All I'll say is, we kept to the agreement, listened once and then destroyed it. Here's the proof you asked for. This tape DID self destruct, with a little help from us....

(Edit: believe this and you also believe in the tooth fairy, lucky heather and unicorns)
Last edited by Mexicola on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexi, those pics...

...curse all that passport business! :evil:

Posts Quantity
Ahh that sounds like it was fantastic.

also, hold up.

those pictures.

don't play with my heart like this...

Posts Quantity
Perch wrote:Ahh that sounds like it was fantastic.

also, hold up.

those pictures.

don't play with my heart like this...

oh yes indeed....so cool :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:a special mention for Techboy who left Glasgow at 7:30am yesterday and is still currently around an hour from getting back home again to the best of my knowledge.
Well worth it! For obvious reasons! Great to meet you all, and also eat all that BBQ food.

Mexicola wrote:2020K, your DJ intro to that Whitney Houston spoof was hilarious and had us all laughing like idiots! Nicole, that Boreal Network track was incredible and has been my personal earworm for the past month (now go and finish the ending!!! lol). But by far and away the biggest thanks have to go to our very own Aesthetics for his absolutely killer mix. Your message literally choked me up with pride and everyone was just floored by it. I can never say thank you enough. Cheers. Next year, you have to be here man!
Yes! Absolutely all of this. IanRedpoint's tape was pretty damn special as well!

And of course, the "other tapes" I'm not sure what we can say much about, but it made it worth the 80 quid train fare at least, hahhaaha.. and then some!

Techboy wrote:IanRedpoint's tape was pretty damn special as well!

Man, how did I forget to mention that?!?! Spot on and a cracking end to the evening's entertainment too. Can't wait for it to be released 8)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh shit yeah, a whole album of really good stuff!

Now I've caught up on sleep I see I've done my usual festival trick of taking a pic of the stage (the fire) whenever a really awesome track comes on. I never learn :)

MrMessiah wrote:Oh shit yeah, a whole album of really good stuff!

Now I've caught up on sleep I see I've done my usual festival trick of taking a pic of the stage (the fire) whenever a really awesome track comes on. I never learn :)

:lol:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Can't say much that hasn't been said already. Fantastic time everyone, anyone who thinks they can make it next year will find it well worth the trip. Great music, great conversation, again massive props to Aesthetics for those shoutouts and to everyone who contributed tracks and mixes.

Bring on 2015 ;)

Mexi, Techy, and co. sit around the Campfire asking each other...

"how can we troll all of Twoism into coming next year?"

The answer was simple...

"MDG pls"

and it was so.

The Headphase began.

YOU JOKESTERS! I'm .9th believing you! :lol:
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Would we??

WOULD WE??? :wink:

#doublebluff

Slow down...

‘The Cake was a lie…’

On no it wasn’t. Was it? Maybe, like all the best jokes, you had to be there.

A dozen of us were in Dorset at the weekend for the second of these little shindigs and although illness and lord-knows-what trimmed numbers down to nine on the day itself, although the weather had us flirting with disaster until the last minute and although we all seriously overestimated our capacity for BBQ food, I have to say, I think this year might have just topped last year. Maybe…

It was a bizarre feeling on Saturday morning as my phone and laptop began pinging away like the last day on Earth. At one point it seemed half the world was on the move, not a dozen geeks with a taste for weird music. Maybe this was how Michael Eavis used to feel before he started booking Coldplay and Dolly Parton? Who knows... I guess my facial hair and balding head kinda look like him these days?

What was even stranger, but in a nice way, was having the likes of Techboy, Fugee and Twoist all rock up at Chez Mexicola. Just a strange, but good feeling! Aerial Boundaries was already collected, IanRedpoint landed up too and after a brew, some introductions and some lumping wood into bags, we were off, heading to the pub to meet Rikkiebags, MrMessiah and also Vballs who had spent the previous evening huddling from the rain in a campsite.

Cider was ordered, more cider was ordered, pasties devoured and the banter well and truly warmed up, mainly discussing the rather ‘heated debate’ that morning on Twoism, as well as whether Holland would ‘do’ Costa Rica later that night. John Peel would have been entirely at home I feel, which is always how I judge the merits of any discussion down the pub.

So we loaded up (on bags) and yomped down the hill to the venue. Mouths drop open as the true scale and majesty of the place dawns on the n00bs. My annual ‘moment of truth’ arrived and miraculously I get the campfire going easily, in England, on top of a still slightly damp and windy cliff top. Sometimes I surprise myself. Techboy commandeers the ghettoblaster and immediately realises he hasn’t used cassettes since he was about 5. We eventually sort it all out though and we’re off….

• Hi Scores in full
• Twoism (natch) in full
• Hell interface – Midas Touch
• Happy Cycling
• GrimOnAmbient – A Night At Dorset mixtape (including: Hills West (yes!!), Ochre, Seefeel, Bola, Bjork, Saint Etienne, The Beatles and a lot more including a message from the mothership ;-) )
• Thank You – bkillsb / BOC
• How Will I Know? - ??? introduced by 2020K (I know it’s not real!!)
• Where Water Passes Beyond – Boreal Network (new track preview)
• Geogaddi – in full
• Music Has The Right to Children – in full
• An incredible new album from IanRedpoint – in full
• ???

In between, we investigated caves, watched in awe as stars came out over head and the Needles lighthouse (you were right Twoist) swooped away in the distance like a watchtower. We marvelled at Vballs super-human capacity for Morgan’s Spiced Rum and then watched with amusement as he did his incredible ‘fall over, stand up, fall over’ routine, spilling the contents of the pockets (phone, camera, tobacco) over half of Dorset. We all dangled out collective legs over the clifftops as the sea roared beneath us and Over The Horizon Radar came on, that particular track again winning the ‘Music + Nature = success’ award.

Ae’s mix, however, was the standout moment for all of us. Just incredible to hear that music in that setting. And then to hear Ae (or was it GLaDOS??) passes on regards from Twoism.org central, a special moment.

Sausages, home made kofte burgers, black pudding, Moroccan dip, beer, whiskey, bourbon, the odd ‘jazz woodbine’ for good measure – all consumed – and that was just Twoist’s personal rider. We ate toasted marshmallows because we knew Novayshun would want us to and as the clock ticked over to 3:15am, and the embers glowed gently with pop of a melting cassette (thanks again) and the waves continued crashing below us, we called it a night and drifted off.

Until July 4th 2015, we were all ‘In A Beautiful Place Down By The Seaside’. TTFN.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
this is all so inspiring and fantastic. great write-up Mexi. it made me quite emotional!!! just so happy for everyone who attended and here's to next year and getting this girl over there to experience it all for herself :lol:

Eagle Minded
Oh man that looks fantastic! I'm so angry I couldn't be there. MDG PLS HOW COULD YOU :wink:
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Happy Cycler
Superb round up from Mex; personal highlight was listening to Geogaddi whilst we all laid down with our legs hanging over the cliff, hairs on the back of your neck moment for sure, especially for Dawn Chorus and Corsair. Now to get all the international collective involved 8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground