Second annual Twoism meet in Dorset

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
It really was a fantastic night, im still buzzing from it (and recovering haha)

Mexicola summed it up perfectly there. One of my favorite moments: All of us sat along the cliff edge starring out into the dark abyss, listening to Geogaddi with the sound of the waves lashing against the cliff.

The whole night was so atmospheric, with great company and great music.

Thanks to everyone there and to everyone who prepared music for us. Especially Aesthetics for that wonderful surprise "virtual high five" it really set theme for the rest of the night, we were all in such a good mood.

Ill not forgot this night. Bring on next year.

EDIT: Oh and yeah yeah... we got to listen to some very special cassettes haha. Such a shame they had to self destruct in the fire. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Now begins phase 1 of "Get Waterbagel to Dorset in 2015"

There was talk of running a Northern/Scottish event next year too. Not sure if this will be in addition to Dorset or not. Either way the proposed date for the next meet is 4th July 2015 at the moment.

To be continued at a MUCH later date...

(I need to do things like, y'know, 'actually speak to my wife again rather than mix music and organise people's travel before she divorces me :lol:)

Slow down...

It's come to my attention that our little joke about the tapes may, incredibly, have been taken seriously by some. I promised Ae and MDG I wouldn't let it get out of hand, so please go look at 'those' photos again and scroll down to see how 'genuine' they are. Clue: they aren't!
Last edited by Mexicola on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slow down...

...or is this just a double-bluff...?

(No)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Superb round up from Mex; personal highlight was listening to Geogaddi whilst we all laid down with our legs hanging over the cliff, hairs on the back of your neck moment for sure, especially for Dawn Chorus and Corsair. Now to get all the international collective involved 8)

Yeah! Both times I've listened to Geogaddi in that location have simply reaffirmed my belief that it's one astonishing album. MHTRTC felt almost an anticlimax after that. Kicking off with Hi-scores really set the mood though. Wonderful evening with the best company I could wish for.

Sorry Ian, wasn't sure if your tape had a title yet? Sublime by the way, thanks again for sharing it with us 8)

Slow down...

That looked quite spectacular!

I might even contemplate attending one year... but it's quite a trip from Belgium, I think?
I should first take the Eurostar train from Brussels -> London. That's about 2h. And then from London to Wimborne is a 3h train drive.

In total about 5h + buffer. Seems feasible?!

Fredd-E wrote:That looked quite spectacular!

I might even contemplate attending one year... but it's quite a trip from Belgium, I think?
I should first take the Eurostar train from Brussels -> London. That's about 2h. And then from London to Wimborne is a 3h train drive.

Totally understand. the money is a massive factor too.

However.... Techboy set off from Glasgow at 7:30am, got to London by 12:00, crossed London to Surbiton by tube, met Fugee and Twoist. Twoist then drove them all to Wimborne, arriving around 3pm. Reversed the journey the next day and arrived back in Glasgow sometime around 11:30pm.

We'll all help as much as we can to make things as easy as possible for those travelling long distances. I've already got serious interest from at least 3 people in the USA, which is an insane distance to come for - effectively - a few beers, wild camping and a ratty old ghettoblaster!!

You crazy people :lol: 8)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Anything with coming from another country I'd maybe break that journey up a bit personally...

Happy Cycler
If there was serious, genuine interest for internationals.. maybe the event could stretch out over a few days to make it more feasible for long distance travellers. By next year I will be living down by the coast, so I could definitely have people crash at my house if they required.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy

How the hell is it faster to get there from Brussels than from Glasgow? The public transport in this country sucks major ass!

Btw Mexi, fear not - I just hopped on to the half three train instead of the half six train and got home at 8:30pm instead ;) Still.... oaft. Was pretty fucked Monday morning.

Was discussing this with Mrs Mexi just last night and she said the same thing - if there is SERIOUS interest from overseas we'd really have to think about somehow stretching this over a couple of days. Maybe book a proper campsite/caravan site nearby too as a backup.

Food for thought...

Remember please, that this is YOUR event Twoism. I might pull the strings, but it's whatever people want it to be.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Sorry Ian, wasn't sure if your tape had a title yet? Sublime by the way, thanks again for sharing it with us 8)

Thank you. All the kind words from folks there meant the world to me.

It didn't have a name but after the weekend and a conversation about the caves, it does! :)

IanRedpoint wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Sorry Ian, wasn't sure if your tape had a title yet? Sublime by the way, thanks again for sharing it with us 8)

Thank you. All the kind words from folks there meant the world to me.

It didn't have a name but after the weekend and a conversation about the caves, it does! :)

Oooh, you little tease you :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head

Oh, it's do-able from Brussels. Like Techboy said, our domestic transport system is so fucked it's probably easier from outside the UK mainland than from within.

It's still a distance to travel, though. If you can do it as part of a slightly longer break then even better - you'll need the time to recover the following day..and the one after that ;)

Yeah, agreed. I've been back in work since 13:30 today and I have to be honest, I'm currently mainlining coffee granules to keep awake.

Slow down...

Boqurant
I think there is a campsite near if a few needed to stay for a few days, well behaved mind.

http://www.actonfieldcampsite.co.uk

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:...serious, genuine interest for internationals.. maybe the event could stretch out over a few days to make it more feasible...

Mexicola wrote:...SERIOUS interest from overseas we'd really have to think about somehow stretching this over a couple of days...

:D

Happy Cycler
Waterbagel wrote:
fujee wrote:...serious, genuine interest for internationals.. maybe the event could stretch out over a few days to make it more feasible...

Mexicola wrote:...SERIOUS interest from overseas we'd really have to think about somehow stretching this over a couple of days...

:D

:wink: 8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground