4th Annual Twoism Meetup - Sat July 2nd. Dorset, UK

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

London sucks balls. Glad you made it back in one piece chap. I'm still recovering ;-)

Slow down...

Telepath
Aaaaah. Home. *wears houserobe, lights joint*
Dorset was beautiful btw. Gorgious. Cool caves and cool satanists sacrificing some poor guy in the cave next to us. And I love the way Mark talks, in that beautiful scottish melody, I couldnt stop trying to talk like that when he left. And all the peeps were exactly how I imagined them to be, felt right at home. Love yall!

Now I'm going to listen to what I recorded, its over 6 hours. This is how fear and loathing was written.

Telepath
wow I got that drunk that fast? :O

Probably the cider in the pub that did it. Or the beer....or the grass (literally)..

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:wow I got that drunk that fast? :O

I'm proud of you Hendrik. Apparently you represented us Dutchies well. Next year I'll join you :)
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Telepath
I did my best for better or worse. I don't know if we'll be able to attend next year.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:I did my best for better or worse. I don't know if we'll be able to attend next year.

Hehe, did you piss some people off ?;p

He's welcome anytime he likes. Although next time he can carry his own sleeping bag back ;-)

Finally feeling human enough to type so I'll try and get a report up soon. Needless to say, it was as crazy, beautiful and intoxicating as always.

To be continued.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Yep. Youre guaranteed a cliff a fire and some music and you never know what else you're going to get. Had a load of fun, thank you all :)

Telepath
Mexicola wrote:Although next time he can carry his own sleeping bag back ;-)

About that. Does anyone know how I ended up back at the house before anyone else? Did I say anything before going out on my own? Glad I didn't get lost and my sense of direction works regardless of intoxication. Sadly, the moment I started losing consiousness was also the moment the recording stopped.

You were abducted by aliens. Hence the anal probe.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
What if I told you, we are still on the cliff top and you need to wake up? :o

Im guessing the only person who may have been awake when you left was Matty and he isnt a member of this board, well done for finding your way back dude, thats some pro sleep walking.

Dayvan Cowboy
I woke up when it started to rain, and Matty and Ray were packing up - I presumed to move to a cave. I dozed a bit then packed up my own stuff and walked about a bit. I'm 90% sure you were still there at that point, though I was still way hazy. Then I spent about half an hour trying to find my sim card that had blown off the cliff, fell asleep on a rock and when I woke up you definitely weren't there.

So either you walked up between 6 and 8 or you teleported there in the early hours and I was mistaking techboy's beard for yours.

I need another Cupz-hug. It's like being bearhugged by an especially hairy member of ABBA.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:I need another Cupz-hug. It's like being bearhugged by an especially hairy member of ABBA.

Aha! That is bloody gold. Bravo Mex. I am sad I missed meeting you Cupz, if I ever venture into Holland (which might be soon) I will drop you a line.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Telepath
All twoismers are welcome to crash on my couch, eat my food and smoke my weed.

Mexi, next time we'll cuddle in one of the caves :lol:

This so nearly didn’t happen you know.

Saturday July 2nd 2016 may have been when some of us convened in deepest, darkest Dorset, but truth be told the thinking and planning for these things usually starts before the previous event even happened. It’s a constant, living organism in my head that morphs and warps, lives and dies, shouts and whispers on and off throughout the year. You few, you lucky few, only see the tip of the metaphorical iceberg, and the last year has been a tough one for me outside Twoism, trust me. The devil is in detail, in very diabolical sense. It nearly didn’t happen…

So, I had to laugh at the irony when myself, Techboy, Cupz, Rodheh, MrMessiah, Rikkiebags, Vballs, AerialBoundaries, Scotronica, Lukalukaluka, plus the all-new MsMexi and Matty wandered down to our usual spot In a Beautiful Place Down By The Seaside, to find the local landowner had gone and commandeered the entire place for his daughter’s wedding! Security, portaloos, catering, floodlights outside the caves, the caves had all been covered in hessian flooring and hundreds, nay, thousands of fairy lights. Hell, there was even a marquee, PA system and a bleedin Ska band. A SKA BAND!!!

Arse.
Best laid plans.

So after sweet talking the (massive gorilla) security manager, into letting us sneak around the back to a lesser used cave, we did a total about-face and relocated to an entirely new part of the coast around the corner. And, I have to say, it was pretty bloody lovely actually! Not quite as spectacular, but still pretty bloody special. Fire was lit, with the usual frantic gathering of bodies to act as windshield, music cranked up (went off piste and started with The Avalanches this year), BBQs were started (Dorset Blue Vinny burgers rock), and several ice cold Desperados, ‘herbal’ meringues and Matty special ‘Green’ jazz smorgasbord lubricated the discussions about Magic Window, whether Rod looked like Obi Wan in that cloak (he totally did), and whether it was possible, or a good idea, to eat grass. Cupz – no.

As the night drew in around us and the darkness fell, dozens of glowsticks were scattered far and wide, Lukalukaluka used the cliff face as his own personal Luke Savisky backdrop and our humble stereo fought fearlessly against the thumping PA from the wedding over in ‘our’ caves. Mogwai, BOC (lots of, natch), Cilocub, I forgot what else we played to be honest. I seem to recall turning in sometime around 4am, but other kept on trucking until sunrise when the drizzle started. Some bailed out, others headed back to the gorgeous house vballs had hired, even if Cupz apparently has no recollection of walking the mile in the pitchdark, through thorn bushes and down/up some steep steps and pathways… Most of us however, just pulled our bivvy bags over our heads, listened to the patter of raindrops and the roar of the sea below us and were far too pissed, high, tired and happy to care.

And suddenly, as always, I remembered why I do this every year. Because it’s wonderful. It’s life affirming. It’s what we do.

Next year we turn 5. I already have plans. Big plans.
I hope you can make it.

Seeya later.

phpBB [media]

Slow down...

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:
Mexicola wrote:I need another Cupz-hug. It's like being bearhugged by an especially hairy member of ABBA.

Aha! That is bloody gold. Bravo Mex. I am sad I missed meeting you Cupz, if I ever venture into Holland (which might be soon) I will drop you a line.

Looks like we're planning the Dutch meetup when Fujee is in the Netherlands

Dayvan Cowboy
Awesome pictures by the way, I can't wait to actually attend this.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground