FLAT EARTH THEORY

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote:Well said. Just recently I had an interesting conversation about state corruption. When people are mad at politicians for plundering the country where people don't have enough money to get by (where politicians are actually guilty) then they have to blame someone and they protest. When that happens in a country where people have enough and even more, they simply don't care about these things even though they still happen, and much much more money is involved in these schemes than in poor countries.

When a man has everything in his reach and more comfort than in any time in history then you have stuff like this. I forgot where exactly I am going with this but I think this behaviour might be biologically programmed in us. What you choose to believe in or put the blame on reflects you, your upbringing and current situation.
Sorry, lost my thought, I guess I wanted to say that if stuff like this is out there and people believe in it we have too much comfort. In the past we worried about finding food, staying warm and surviving, and today everything is going so fast and our evolution just can't keep up, these instincts still kind of kick in but in another form which is the need of justifying why your life is shitty.

Rambling. 3AM, still up :shock:

In moderately poor countries such as Brazil the common man is already pretty corrupt, so i guess we kind of relate with the corruption? Like a "That's terrible but if i was there i'd do the same" sort of situation. Can't speak for everyone but i think that's it

Eagle Minded
kakanara wrote:
Moz wrote:Well said. Just recently I had an interesting conversation about state corruption. When people are mad at politicians for plundering the country where people don't have enough money to get by (where politicians are actually guilty) then they have to blame someone and they protest. When that happens in a country where people have enough and even more, they simply don't care about these things even though they still happen, and much much more money is involved in these schemes than in poor countries.

When a man has everything in his reach and more comfort than in any time in history then you have stuff like this. I forgot where exactly I am going with this but I think this behaviour might be biologically programmed in us. What you choose to believe in or put the blame on reflects you, your upbringing and current situation.
Sorry, lost my thought, I guess I wanted to say that if stuff like this is out there and people believe in it we have too much comfort. In the past we worried about finding food, staying warm and surviving, and today everything is going so fast and our evolution just can't keep up, these instincts still kind of kick in but in another form which is the need of justifying why your life is shitty.

Rambling. 3AM, still up :shock:

In moderately poor countries such as Brazil the common man is already pretty corrupt, so i guess we kind of relate with the corruption? Like a "That's terrible but if i was there i'd do the same" sort of situation. Can't speak for everyone but i think that's it

Maybe, everyone has their price I guess.

Happy Cycler
Pffffffffffft X) Alright I guess we're talking about this now.

Never change, Twoism.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Happy Cycler
come on really
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
'Behind the Curve' on Netflix is a really good wee documentary about Flat Earthers, worth watching.

Dayvan Cowboy
I say - bullshit.

Previous

Return to The Playground