FLAT EARTH THEORY

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:Image
Looking south from silver island mountains as mentioned by zeitgeist. Definately a curve!
source in case anyone wants to call fisheye-lens.

Quite a sight, really messes with ones sense of perspective!

Nice photograph but if one where to mentally put that picture in perspective and create the rest of the circumference of the sphere using that curve as reference, the world wouldn't even be the size of the united states. It could easily just be curvature created through different gradients in the land sloping upwards towards the mountain range.

Dayvan Cowboy
So here's the deal. I make one awful insensitive statement a day until my account is deleted because my request to remove it wasn't accepted.

Day one will be twenty four hours from now.

If you try to delete them on a comment by comment basis I will repeatedly copy and paste them.

I have nothing to lose but pixels.

I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU VALOTONIN I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU I THOUGHT YOU WHERE NICE I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE JUST A NASTY PIECE OF WORK AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO BE OFFENDED AND TO CAUSE OTHERS DISTRESS BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE OF T H E M.

THEM.

NOT US.

TT HH EE MM.

THE NASTY PEOPLE.

THOSE THAT DON'T FEEL EMPATHY.

THOSE THAT WE CAN LAY INTO BECAUSE TWO NEGATIVES MAKE A POSITIVE IN A WARPED PERCEPTION OF REALITY.

''Well, he said it himself. Clearly he wasn't a nice person.''

I fucking loved you people.

P.S (This is not related to twoism or twoism-ers but to someone who might read this)
Please write about someone else. I know how it makes you feel observing someone from afar and writing about it but in reality the second I started to have suspicions about it, it began to ruin aspects of my life. Now your intervention is actually causing a negative path to be layed to a certain degree which creates one cycle of insanity. I do something, you write about it, I hear it, it fucks me up, you write about me being fucked up. Don't. Just write about trees and, if you must, what I see through my eyes when I go outside and tranquil environments. Please stop but don't stop writing.

Hi Valotonin. Check your PMs again. I replied to your request. I hope you're ok.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
me right now;

Posts Quantity
The Telepathic Kid wrote:me right now;

;___________;

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey guys, everything is okay. I am genuinely sorry about that. I won't go into detail but its an issue related to medication and I went a bit off the rails. I sincerely hope I didn't startle anyone. My creating petty arguments out of thin air stem from the same thing, the issue is resolved now though thankfully. Resume discussion?

Good to see you back on form chap :-)

Slow down...

Boqurant
phpBB [media]
Palace Posy

Boqurant
phpBB [media]
Palace Posy

Boqurant
phpBB [media]
Palace Posy

Boqurant
MrMessiah wrote:
What I'm saying is you would percieve it at some point, different points for the naked eye or your chosen camera. But you couldn't prove it. To prove it you would need to measure and that either involves accurate recording equipment, maths on data taken from less accurate equipment or in the end just to go out so far it makes no difference. And that's all been done. Someone mentioned a go pro on a weather balloon and that's been done by school kids the world over. In a few decades when we solve global warming and we can all afford edge-of-space flights we'll all be able to see it for ourselves.

thanks once again MrMessiah for your exlanation, that's pretty accurate, that the argument about the fish eye lenses is not that relevant, because of how optics works. (at least this is how I understand the theory)
so more or so it is clear for me. if you go high enough you will be able to catch the curvature, but because of how optics works the argument of the fish eye lens is not that relevant. But, eventually, you will reach out of space and that's the clearest curve you can see, ever. But, let's talk about the vision on the more ground-level, you can still test it on a very flat surface or sea,

according to this source,
the earth's surface curves approximately 8 inches in one mile.
http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/databa ... dyck2.html

but according to this, you can catch objects about 275 miles away (world record), the details in the video

phpBB [media]
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
They tried to argue on the news once that a picture of Chicago in its entirety across a very large lake (I can't remember the numbers but it was mathematically impossible if 8 inches per mile is bought into consideration), anyway, they tried to argue that the entire city was a mirage in the sky created by moisture and that you couldn't have really been seeing the city from that distance. That is an awful lot of gymnastics to go through to try to maintain a spherical earth theory. It is when you get certain situations like this that the flat theory seems to be more logical in certain instances. Also the sun rising and setting looks exactly alike to if you where to model a much smaller and closer sun coming and going over a flat plane as objects rise when they are closer in the air and lower when they reach the horizon. This is why the horizon is often white as you are looking at the clouds from a side angle at that distance.

Not a flat Earther but there are an awful lot of anomalies that also don't make me truly believe in a spherical one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:
Cupz wrote:Image
Looking south from silver island mountains as mentioned by zeitgeist. Definately a curve!
source in case anyone wants to call fisheye-lens.

Quite a sight, really messes with ones sense of perspective!

Nice photograph but if one where to mentally put that picture in perspective and create the rest of the circumference of the sphere using that curve as reference, the world wouldn't even be the size of the united states. It could easily just be curvature created through different gradients in the land sloping upwards towards the mountain range.

This picture is not mine, and is an inaccurate distortion of the curve, but does a great job of showing the area I'm talking about. Refuting this picture is not refuting the point of what I've seen with my eyes literally countless times out there. I wouldn't know how to go about getting a photograph of it myself, which is why I didn't post one.

Look at a screenshot of my Google Earth file for the area, I'm obsessed, and absolutely know what I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/a/7A9d6

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
In a few hundred years, when aliens show up to do an archeological post-mortem of our poor, doomed little species, I can just imagine their realization:

"While their world economies were being plundered and their planet being destroyed for profit by a small group of billionaires openly buying governments in plain sight, many of the humans instead chose to spend their time arguing that the REAL conspiracy was NASA lying about the shape of the Earth to make a few million dollars in tax funding."

Sherbet Head
Thank you for bumping this. what a funny thread. I absolutely admire Negamuse's patience and effort at debunking half of the video. That is dedication!
Suck my BUTT

Happy Cycler
SamuraiDrifter wrote:In a few hundred years, when aliens show up to do an archeological post-mortem of our poor, doomed little species, I can just imagine their realization:

"While their world economies were being plundered and their planet being destroyed for profit by a small group of billionaires openly buying governments in plain sight, many of the humans instead chose to spend their time arguing that the REAL conspiracy was NASA lying about the shape of the Earth to make a few million dollars in tax funding."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS. JUST THIS RIGHT HERE.

Oh, also this.
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:In a few hundred years, when aliens show up to do an archeological post-mortem of our poor, doomed little species, I can just imagine their realization:

Well said. Just recently I had an interesting conversation about state corruption. When people are mad at politicians for plundering the country where people don't have enough money to get by (where politicians are actually guilty) then they have to blame someone and they protest. When that happens in a country where people have enough and even more, they simply don't care about these things even though they still happen, and much much more money is involved in these schemes than in poor countries.

When a man has everything in his reach and more comfort than in any time in history then you have stuff like this. I forgot where exactly I am going with this but I think this behaviour might be biologically programmed in us. What you choose to believe in or put the blame on reflects you, your upbringing and current situation.
Sorry, lost my thought, I guess I wanted to say that if stuff like this is out there and people believe in it we have too much comfort. In the past we worried about finding food, staying warm and surviving, and today everything is going so fast and our evolution just can't keep up, these instincts still kind of kick in but in another form which is the need of justifying why your life is shitty.

Rambling. 3AM, still up :shock:

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:Oh, also this.
phpBB [media]

That guy's videos got me through calculus! Can't believe he cut the mullet!

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground