The Anxiety Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I've encountered so many kind people recently and you are one of them, TheFadeBeta

Really, thank you.

Boqurant
Valotonin wrote:I've encountered so many kind people recently and you are one of them, TheFadeBeta

I try, I'd also like to apologize...

I know you where looking for advice but not torrents of it :]

I feel i was a bit heavy handed so it comes to me with great relief that you took it in a positive way.

Dayvan Cowboy
TheFadeBeta wrote:what I've come to realize is that you just have to deal with the discomfort of life to get good at it.

I think that's a gem right there, in all sorts of ways.

Dayvan Cowboy
Speaking of brain zaps (I've had them since I was heavily medicated as a teenager but have grown to appreciate them sometimes, it can be a kind of nice sensation at times), Has anyone had a flowing electricity zap through the back of their head literally controlled by that synth in new seeds (The one that starts at 2:48) - Its fucked up. Luckily they are very rarely 'zaps' anymore and have turned into more of a flowing electricity sensation that lasts a few seconds.

Dayvan Cowboy
I get very strong existential anxiety, er, attacks, these days. Usually they cause me to jump and quickly grab hold of something. You get through layer upon layer of thought until you hit an impenetrable wall, a question with no answer. And then you need to start building up layers of thought to get away from it.

This is what happens when you keep having things taken away from you. Don't take anything for granted, the strange forces of existence will rip it away from you.

Boqurant
Aerial Boundaries wrote:You get through layer upon layer of thought until you hit an impenetrable wall, a question with no answer

I can relate I suffer from manic depression and all the waning and ebbing from one extreme to another can and does ware me thin.

The only way i can get through it is putting your mind on a diet (let me explain) the first thing to do is too weed out the falsehoods, you said " question with no answer" I'd like for you to ask yourself why the answer has more weight than the question?

I think you're closer to understanding yourself if you avoid "the answer" it's more beneficial to keep on asking questions.

If you find the answer to something you're fighting ask an even bigger question and never stop asking.

I think you're gonna learn more about yourself within the question, you're alive,things are changing, the question is more relevant to now then the answer can ever be.

TheFadeBeta wrote:
Aerial Boundaries wrote:You get through layer upon layer of thought until you hit an impenetrable wall, a question with no answer
If you find the answer to something you're fighting ask an even bigger question and never stop asking.

This is the most profound thing I've read on Twoism, and I've read A LOT of Lens Larque posts.

Thank you for saying this.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

2020K. Bravo. You win Twoism.org. Instantly hit no.1 in my favorite posts ever.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
It's apparent to me at this point that I lack a reference point for what is appropriately considered "profound" and that this hole is a lot deeper/higher than I'd previously thought.

(Said with no intent to inhibit TFB's intentions or call their efficiency into question, rather looking for component the two posts prior to this one acknowledged that yielded such a reaction - I don't understand it. I would hope that'd be one's default disposition, re: answers/questions.)
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

It's just important to ask questions and self-analyze. You can't let your thoughts or situations control you. All easier said than done.

Just as a small example:
Why am I feeling this way?
-Okay, I understand why I'm feeling this way, but why?
-Okay, now I'm digging a little deeper, does this relate to a previous experience or something, maybe?
-Am I being influenced by something I shouldn't be influenced by?
-Is it benefitting me to feel this way?
-How can I change my thinking process?
-Okay, now that I have all of this perspective, what do I do with it?
etc etc etc. but this is just a small, quick example from me. Most psychologists are good at going down rabbit holes with their clients/patients like this. "Redirecting" the emotion/behavior/reaction is big in their offices.

When I was in the thick of my concussion I was anxious at a debilitating level, non-stop, for about 3-4 months. Over anything. I knew it was bad when Dora The Explorer triggered anxiety attacks. And, of course, I was cognitively impaired, which was feeding into it, but in the really far back depths of my mind, I was still able to go through a series of questions to negate the fact that I thought I was going crazy. A few friends, a crazy quack chiropractor, & my Dad just wrote me off as someone having a mental breakdown of some sort, and me, unable to even remember my Dad's name from time to time, had to climb out of that hole they kept trying to put me in, on my own, and it was horrible, but if it weren't for some strong ass self-analytical skills (and seeking help from real friends, doctors, family members who are more emotionally available, etc, - all another form of asking "why?") I don't even know if I'd be typing this right now. I think I would've thought I was losing my mind, would've started listening to those weird anxious thoughts, and would be in a padded room humming Turquoise Hexagon Sun with that girl that wanted her keys or something

Happy Cycler
I agree wholly. That's just always kind of been (as far as I can recall) a default, at least for me. When I forget about it and don't do it enough, I end up hating myself for it and feel compelled to try and rectify it at times that I know are inappropriate, which is yet another issue I have.

I was just unsure what I was supposed to be seeing. Probably the most profound thing I ever read on Twoism is somewhere in Cupz' catalogue of posts.

Also, I'm very aware concussions are terrible and I remember you talking about yours and you have my deepest sympathy and empathy as far as anxiety attacks go, so with that in mind, I feel obliged to apologise for the fact that I could not help but laugh @ "Dora the Explorer triggered anxiety attacks".

I laugh now too. lol

Happy Cycler
Diminished, as it was.

In my hardest attempt to find meaning.
I saw no torch in distance.
Human hands by quintillions crawling my last good appendage.

So spake, "ironic cries the wicked",
Though I sat in silent resolve,
Concise, clear the mode; verily, I am perhaps alone.
Don't mind.
Rectitude provides a final reason.

To each end I am grieving in stationary face.
Can you blame us all, facades; two masks default from tension,
End - hurricane in my direction, co-operative treason and bereft of pace I take my detention, a cynic just and hushed.
Headless, oracular, save for words I kept unearthed illicit. I am your phantom antagonist; an, by nature, constituted motherfucking manifest.... (yes) - no cause.

Happy Cycler
Woke up. Dealing with eBay bullshit. Still upset I never fit in at the extended family Christmas party a day or so ago where it seemed everything was fine until my uncle went off on me. Made a mistake joke the other day, Facebook political drama,, Twoism drama, accidental [ostensibly bullying], genuine feeling like a bully. No one to blame but myself. Yelled at by family. Not my fault there. Gotta change my moniker for music because it's probably not very good. GoPro died. Micro SD died, Other one was missing, had to buy a new one. Can't find my brown cloak. Yelled at again by family, no longer taking gifts there but instead just to my sister later. Father. Can't even. Don't know why we're all together for Christmas. Most surreal day ever yesterday, worst in December today. Advertisements playing loudly over neighboring televisions. Guy I gave the clothing to outside clothing donation box freezing in the middle of the night the other day got arrested by police come sun-up for trying to get inside (had no pants). Salvation army won't stop ringing their damned bells. Harassed over concerns about consumer electronics being cheaply made and often designed to be replaced these days to comments such as "you're obviously a fucking retard or a troll or likely both", upvoted to oblivion, text box literally says "please stay civil and on topic", don't know why I bother going there. Let it snow is playing outside from somewhere for the 97 billionth time, Single again, had to break up with someone because I didn't want to freak them out. Another atypical terrible headache, which I get but this is different like the night before than my usual chronic pain. Started to write but the food I ate last night gave me food poisoning I'm feeling since about noon that's become progressively worse. Regret making this thread but now must use it. Responses and posts surreal and hilarious and sad at the same time. I don't know. Sorry everyone, I love you aaaaaaallllllaaaaaaa uoy evol I but fuck if Limmy isn't right: bad things are going to happen anyways, so karma is a load of shit(e).

Unfortunately not making any of this up. Things due by end of year on top of that I have to do even if these newer headaches persist. This year. Is somehow. Worse than the last. Sans. Twin Peaks. Gotta try, still.

phpBB [media]

New Seed
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask if any of you tried using medical marijuana for anxieties? I've been suffering severe anxiety for almost a year now and been given a prescription for Benzodiazepines for my medication. But i heard alot of people telling me that marijuana helps relieve anxiety but im not im not sure if its true so i came up to search something about this idea and came across this marijuana strain from https://www.bonzaseeds.com/blog/mr-nice-guy/ it says that i can discard all forms of stress and its euphoric buzz it delivers often is useful in combating anxiety and depression. I wanted to hear your thoughts about this guys and if you can give me any tips that can help me with my anxieties. Thank you!

Dayvan Cowboy
The relationship between weed and anxiety is fickle and very much dependent on the person. It's a complex and unique drug. To borrow a phrase from psychedelic discussions: it's affected by set and setting. Set is your psychology, life situation, background; setting is your current mood, the room you're in, etc.

Point is no one can tell you how you'll react, so it's best to just get a good setting and try it. Some of us can barely ever feel the fabled anxiolytic effects, including myself, but I know that many do. Unfortunately it makes me more anxious if anything.

I would definitely give it a try before benzos. Benzos are really, really bad for you in the long term (don't let your doctor keep prescribing them to you. It's supposed to be a short term thing).

Dayvan Cowboy
Also if you suffer depression, like myself, be careful. And if you have a family history of schizophrenia or similar conditions, absolutely stay away.

Sherbet Head
Ever since I started going on this forum, I never thought i'd post on this thread.

I've always been an happy dude, either sad and bored or extremely happy, maybe a hint if bipolarity, but never much of a problem.

Then one day I come back a few hours after a heavy night of drinking and smoking, and there it starts.

Feeling strange, its that same feeling I had got in my lsa bad trip, To tell you how much I never got anxiety, it took me a month to figure out that what this feeling was, was anxiety.

Eventually I stopped smoking weed, about 3 months ago. But it only fixed it for a week, it got rid of the derealisation and random dizzy spells, but the random atttacks of brain fog and anxiety always came back when I least expected it.

I can be sitting there super happy and doing activities I enjoy and then BAM just like that, my brain feels foggy, can't feel any happiness at all, I feel weak for no reason, want to give it all up.

And after an hour, just like that as if nothing happened, im back to being super hyped up and happy.

Took me a while to figure out that it was a gut problem and not a mental one, and even there I am to this day still not sure.

I had became so paranoid of what I was eating that I had this diet of eggs. eventually I readded stuff, saw that I was lactose intolerant, then saw that when I reintroduced bread I had an anxiety attack.

Usually before I get an attack I'll be constipated for a day or 2 and then it hits me, my doc prescribed me some powder to soften my stool, I get my attacks less often but they come and go twice a week, just less strong.

I used to poke a bit of fun at people with depression and anxiety, but I've had my lesson. I am now scared shitless and I know its waiting to get me when I least expect it.
Suck my BUTT

Happy Cycler
TSP....I appreciate the post. Get it out, someway, somehow. Depression thread I seldom post in for the simple (and yes, harsh truth) that there are people who will try to 'talk down' the very same people they would otherwise not give a flying fuck about on a daily basis. Ego or concern misconstrued, neither helps. I started this thread to try and circumvent that. To acknowledge what I felt was a truer emotion than depression if not clinical.

Among all the threads regarding anything peripherally related to grief, there remains what I honestly feel is either weak or insincere. The reality, regardless of what people would love to illustrate false: there is not "so much to live for." Most of us are going to amount to NOTHING, save for our selfish, personal interests..

Though there is always room to change that. To attempt - the important part, just try - altering your disposition so that it encompasses some self-imposed truth. I don't mean dogma. I don't mean career. I don; mean family, even. The thing that you eventually come to now as your goal...the purpose you see as worthwhile....

Yes.

Do it.

Happy Cycler
Even if it costs you sanity. Even if it costs you social relations. Even if it costs you relativity in your statements. Even if it paints you crazy.

No matter.

The bulk of the best? In-goddamned-sane - no way - a problem at all. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground