Trump - how long has he got?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

How long do you think Trump will last as US President?

< 1 week
No votes
< 1 month
No votes
gone before 2018
16%
< 6 months
16%
serves full term
44%
serves both terms
8%
gone once the magic bullet from the grassy knoll finds it's mark
8%
at the end of the forth Reich
8%

Total votes: 25

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:You can try and rationalise this however you like. In the eyes of Britain First and their ilk, he yet again gave the Presidential seal of approval to their grotesque world view. I'd feel the same if he was championing ISIS propaganda. He is exploiting the fears of a subset of the population in a dangerous and frankly pretty disgusting manner. Sure, that's what politicians have done throughout history. But that doesn't make it acceptable. I'd rather call him out than defend him.

I agree. I think he is genuinely going senile and any rational head of state wouldn't have shared those videos without adequate context. If he had adequately stated that he is showing the actions of an extremist few rather than using it to tarnish an entire faith, that would have been acceptable in my eyes, but he didn't.

Did you read the end of my last one? I did a backflip.
I tend to start off with the harder points and then go on to state what I agree with.

Hmmmm. 'Prepares to defend whatever papa Trump just said regardless of whether it makes me cringe' seems like a strange starting point to me.

I don't think he's remotely senile. I suspect he knows exactly what he's doing and I only hope the majority of people see right through it.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:'Prepares to defend whatever papa Trump just said regardless of whether it makes me cringe'

That was intended to be sarcastic self-deprecation in reality.

Anyway. Say there was an amazonian tribe, say that said tribe were criticized for not being diverse enough and that westerners readily went into their lands, became marginally part of their communities, used their resources but didn't adapt to their lifestyle. After a while the (now more than one) westerners in the tribe have the instinct to find breeding partners from within the tribe.

Three generations later the tribe isn't at all recognisable and their culture is all but dead. Four generations later it is a standard US-style small town.

Would it have been racist to say that the white people in this fictional scenario should have left the tribe alone and not been allowed to reside with them on fear of the tribe losing its culture? If you mix all of the cultures together, you lose every culture over time.

I don't just extend this rule to what benefits white people though, in my opinion whites, on a large scale, have no place in the Americas nor South Africa in reality and in an ideal world the populations would be 5% or less non-native to ensure the preservation of culture and the preservation of diversity.

I like human diversity, I like that we are all different and have different hair colours, skin colours and eye colours and features etc. It is a beautiful rainbow of possibility and our differences should be celebrated. Trying to assimilate all of humanity into one race and inevitably one culture is the death of our human diversity and it is sometimes quite excessively frightening.

This genuinely comes from empathy and not hatred.

Yeah, I think I'll give the ethnic purity rubbish the same wide berth I would with anything else that stinks the room out. Poor form in my view.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Yeah, I think I'll give the ethnic purity rubbish the same wide berth I would with anything else that stinks the room out. Poor form in my view.

I don't disagree with multiculturalism if there are allowances made to ensure that every sub-type of humanity is allowed its own reservation. I know people aren't made to question it and will just get the standard black and white images of Hitler and racially motivated atrocities springing to their minds whenever it comes up. That isn't ever what I will be about, physically harming sentient creatures is immensely bad karma and it is a kind of programming done to ensure that anyone that ever brings up the preservation of human diversity is instantly considered to be genocidal, despite in many instances being the literal polar opposite.

One definition of genocide is bringing about the circumstances in which a people or an ethnic group will potentially become extinct by being excessively interbred with members of another ethnic group. Unregulated immigration will inevitably lead to this and they aren't even trying to hide that fact anymore. The "Scientists say this is what the average European will look like in 2090" articles showing cgi examples of mixtures of all races are rather prominent, but people are only allowed to speak of this in a positive light, otherwise it is considered wrongthink and you become a hate criminal.

It isn't about purity so much as ensuring that every subtype of humanity gets a chance to have a future. When there are endangered species of Tigers, charities do everything they can to ensure that they have breeding grounds and small but safe areas of land they can use to reproduce and thrive. People don't ever chime in and claim that there are plenty of (insert breed) Tigers, so why do we worry about the other ones being endangered? They are all just Tigers, aren't they?

Human diversity is what makes us beautiful. Both culturally and physically.

I think we're getting some distance from the Commander in Tweets pandering to the far right, but regardless.

It's a well intended but dangerous path you're advocating I'm afraid. The difference is surely that societies and cultures evolve and change over time. The phrase once used by some fairly horrible types in the UK was 'Mongrel Nation', as though that's something to be feared. That ignores that much of what passes as British came about directly from other cultures. I'm from the North East of England. I likely have genetic makeup that encompasses Viking, Scottish, Saxon, French...

There is plenty of comment better than mine, pointing out (as if it should need saying) that the USA that Captain Arsehole claims to want to 'Make Great Again' is the version of the US founded on mass immigration in the first place. I wonder what the native Americans make of that hypocrisy? They of course have the reservations you talk about. I visited a couple on the Arizona / Utah border. While I agree the loss of ancient cultures isn't something to be lauded, it felt like a tourist trap. I'm sure enforced segregation isn't the answer either. Too close to apartheid for me.

Getting back on track, at least somewhat, the interesting thing to come from his latest attack of online diarrhoea is the call in Parliament yesterday for him to be arrested should be make his long promised (yet conspicuously no date arranged a year later) state visit to the UK. Publicly the GOP are backing him. Privately the rumours are of increased unrest.

I predicted end of 2018. Time is short for that to happen, but you have to wonder how much longer Republicans let this go on before the endgame begins.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Just heard: the trip's off. Probably for the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSuregWhlWk

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:I think we're getting some distance from the Commander in Tweets pandering to the far right, but regardless.

It's a well intended but dangerous path you're advocating I'm afraid. The difference is surely that societies and cultures evolve and change over time. The phrase once used by some fairly horrible types in the UK was 'Mongrel Nation', as though that's something to be feared. That ignores that much of what passes as British came about directly from other cultures. I'm from the North East of England. I likely have genetic makeup that encompasses Viking, Scottish, Saxon, French...

There is plenty of comment better than mine, pointing out (as if it should need saying) that the USA that Captain Arsehole claims to want to 'Make Great Again' is the version of the US founded on mass immigration in the first place. I wonder what the native Americans make of that hypocrisy? They of course have the reservations you talk about. I visited a couple on the Arizona / Utah border. While I agree the loss of ancient cultures isn't something to be lauded, it felt like a tourist trap. I'm sure enforced segregation isn't the answer either. Too close to apartheid for me.

Getting back on track, at least somewhat, the interesting thing to come from his latest attack of online diarrhoea is the call in Parliament yesterday for him to be arrested should be make his long promised (yet conspicuously no date arranged a year later) state visit to the UK. Publicly the GOP are backing him. Privately the rumours are of increased unrest.

I predicted end of 2018. Time is short for that to happen, but you have to wonder how much longer Republicans let this go on before the endgame begins.

I guess it fell on deaf ears across the ocean but this week he made a Pocahontas blast about Elizabeth Warren while "honoring" WW II Native American code breakers all the while IN front of a painting of famed Indian killer Andrew Jackson.

https://thinkprogress.org/elizabeth-war ... c6c91b696/

I think we should rename him Pres. 'Here, hold my beer'....

No I saw that one too. It's a sad indictment of his current performance that it barely made a ripple. Another day, another scoop of manure from the anal wart of modern politics.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Picture a Scenario in which Trump is impeached. What alternatives would be available to the nation?

The entire political establishment of the US is a mess and is controlled by very influential and financially prosperous lobbyists (publicly) and bribing/ threatening/ blackmailing politicians in a rather organised and targeted way privately. The general trajectory of the nation, if nothing changes and a massive re-writing of the blueprints of government aren't made, is effectively set in stone with very minor alterations that come from heads of state along the way to give the illusion that a different president actually means a different nation.

Unless a total state of transparency is achieved where one can see who has made payments to a senator/ candidate/ head of state/ judge, what meetings they have held and who is sponsoring them etc. The United States will never truly be a democracy.

What scares me more than an outspoken Trump like character are the seas of career politicians that have entirely split personalities, view the people as dogs that will respond to certain words in certain ways, showing only a false face of compassion and honesty, whilst simultaneously being against almost everything they are publicly endorsing and using it as a political chess game in order to claim power. Clinton was the epitome of this and it very nearly happened. You dodged a sniper bullet but ended up with an open wound from a handgun.

Please pay attention to your Constitution. It was written with the best of intentions and written by intelligent men who had an ideal for freedom. The purpose of your right to bear arms and form well-regulated militias was so that the government never had more power than the people, this is fundamental to a non-tyrannical democracy. The mainstream media outlets that constantly use isolated incidents to push for gun control aren't doing so with empathy, they are doing so as an extension of the authoritarian intelligence agencies that view you as no more than cattle, they have admitted that operatives exist on a rather large scale within the mainstream media. This is why stories/ opinion pieces with identical headlines and near-identical writing about political subjects appear at the same time, they have a message that they coordinate between almost every major media outlet to saturate the public with. I am not talking about breaking news, I am talking about "This is why X is bad" "We need more of X" all appearing at the same time seemingly out of nowhere. This doesn't just relate to gun control, it relates to almost everything.

You can't ever trust those in power not to take advantage of you to the fullest extent, you can't sit there and pray that whoever you elected, a person you know nothing about other than their lies to get into office, will not view you as disposable and meaningless. The common people need the power to make the government understand that they are the servants of the people, not the other way around. Your rights to arms are being taken away and thus they feel that your right to speech and expressing free thought can be taken away, what do they have to lose? You will only have a choice between them or their counterpart in the agenda. And they are becoming less and less scared of your abilities because you willingly gave up your arms.

Total transparency of government is needed.
Until such a time, congratulations, you live in a dictatorship.

I guess I just hoped that when the revolution came, it didn't involve a misogynistic, bigoted, egomaniac giving succour to neo-nazis. If this current shower of excrement is the best we can summon up as a species (and I include Putin, Nigel fucking Farage et al) then perhaps we don't deserve better. Except, my 5 year old daughter does. So no, I can't accept it and I won't.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:I guess I just hoped that when the revolution came, it didn't involve a misogynistic, bigoted, egomaniac giving succour to neo-nazis. If this current shower of excrement is the best we can summon up as a species (and I include Putin, Nigel fucking Farage et al) then perhaps we don't deserve better. Except, my 5 year old daughter does. So no, I can't accept it and I won't.

I included Trump in said group of ever-present corrupt politicians, read it again.

He is not the face of the 'revolution' (I dislike even using that word now that it has been hijacked and primarily used by people that seem to genuinely want to live in brutal communist dictatorships and wear Che Guevara T-Shirts despite not knowing of his history in killing homosexuals and minorities) by any stretch of the imagination.

Friendly Stranger
Flynn is flipped. Mueller is moving fast. You do not fuck with the FBI.

My prediction for the US: we've got 6-8 months. 6-8 months either Trump is removed from office OR we cease to become the America we once knew. The GOP Senate just passed a tax bill tonight that's going to fuck every one of us making less than 250K/year. 6-8 months.

Trump is exactly who you think he is: a racist, misogynistic, mentally unstable oligarch . Guilty pleas from National Security Advisors are not fake news.

I'm 38 years old and NOT ONCE in my lifetime have I ever had to witness a Neo-Nazi rally. Newsbreak: there were NO neo-nazi rallies of any import that have taken place in the US since the 1950s. Then Trump became president... now there are Neo-Nazi rallies.

Trump emboldens the purveyors of hate: racists, sexists, homophobes, and xenophobes. And that's not what the majority of the US stands for.

The US is in deep trouble right now....

Dayvan Cowboy
OrangeRomeda wrote:Flynn is flipped. Mueller is moving fast. You do not fuck with the FBI.

My prediction for the US: we've got 6-8 months. 6-8 months either Trump is removed from office OR we cease to become the America we once knew. The GOP Senate just passed a tax bill tonight that's going to fuck every one of us making less than 250K/year. 6-8 months.

The US is in deep trouble right now....

It is a sign of the times and I sincerely hope after Trump's presidency that the US doesn't go back to the previous/ current system of no transparency, no accountability and corrupt politicians. One thing that Trump got right was calling out the swamp, regardless of whether he has become a swamp monster himself, the way your country approaches politics needs to change or you will be on a perpetual downfall.

Its total transparency of government or nothing. Last year will go down as the most corrupt election in US history due to the actions of both sides, something has to change.

Did anyone ever genuinely buy that Trump was going to 'drain the swamp'? I'd say he's a charlatan, but that's an insult to talented con artists the world over. Again, while I'd genuinely love to see a sea change in the political establishment, he was never it. You don't fix corruption and vested interests with more overt corruption and vested interests.

Wonder if the tweets were an intended diversion from the Flynn testimony?

Fox must be hours from showing a blank screen and playing military band music.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Did anyone ever genuinely buy that Trump was going to 'drain the swamp'? I'd say he's a charlatan, but that's an insult to talented con artists the world over. Again, while I'd genuinely love to see a sea change in the political establishment, he was never it. You don't fix corruption and vested interests with more overt corruption and vested interests.

Wonder if the tweets were an intended diversion from the Flynn testimony?

Fox must be hours from showing a blank screen and playing military band music.

'...despite [Trump] becoming a swamp monster himself' - Valotonin.

Its all a puppet show anyway, people where losing faith in politics like never before because every candidate that was nominated was effectively the same person. Blank. And nothing ever changed. Every eight years they up the stakes in how much 'change' a candidate can offer and how radically different they appear to stop people losing faith in a corrupt system often mistaken for democracy.

The Clinton family and the Bush family work incredibly closely with each other and have effectively identical visions of a future where the common man has no human rights and no possessions, no right to free expression and is completely owned and used by their government. Remember the 'Patriot' act. It is all just a facade, one person uses a left wing persona, the other uses a right wing but together they are ensuring that the general direction is towards total authoritarian/ totalitarianism. The political spectrum is three dimensional, but as long as you can fool the people into thinking it is a polarised left/right scenario, you can take advantage of that to a pretty large extent to slip an authoritarian agenda through.

Did Trump originally have good intentions? I don't know. Only he knows.

All I know is that, regardless, he is one of 'them' now.
It happens to every president just before inauguration, they are briefed on something, something harrowing and painful that lets them know that they really aren't in power at all. You can always tell, the pale face as they emerge, the look of one having seen a ghost. You should be worried when a president doesn't have that look about them as they emerge for the Inauguration, it means that they where already aware of what their 'role' was as the biggest puppet on the stage.

Trump was a wildcard as far as they were concerned, they didn't know whether they could convince him to further the agenda of Totalitarianism on an Orwellian scale so they did everything they could to try and ensure plan Clinton came to be, but it didn't.
Luckily for them and unluckily for us, Trump is complying with their demands and is a now a swamp monster himself.

They are pushing both sides of this race relation tensions bullshit to try and create a massive political distraction away from the fact that people's human rights are being eroded away daily.

Using all of the horror stories about the Nazi party whilst creating the race tensions themselves to ensure that they can claim that it is the real agenda, the real boogeyman, further distracting people away from the fact that they have less and less control over their own lives with each month that passes.

Left or right, you won't have rights.

Becoming? He always was.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Becoming? He always was.

Do you disregard the entire thing based on a single point that you disagree with?

No hard feelings by the way, political debate is political debate but you are a nice person.

I'll be honest, I don't have time to plough through most of it pal ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:I'll be honest, I don't have time to plough through most of it pal ;-)

That's fair enough hahah

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground